Juicy Lucys

• ThunderLund78

Made Jucy Lucys on the Blackstone last night and they were a HUGE hit! Extra cheese and bacon on top because why not! To keep with the theme, my kids pulled a bag of cheese-stuffed tots from Schwan’s out of the freezer. Salads for lunch and a lot of exercise the rest of this week!!!

Attachments:
    1. 20200816_182130.jpg

2. 20200816_181625.jpg

3. 20200816_175258.jpg

4. 20200816_174041.jpg

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Looks fantastic!

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

For those in the Twin Cities – Who makes the Best Juicy Lucy in the Metro? Let the argument begin. My vote is for Matt’s with the 5-8 club a close 2nd.

Other than Andy’s of course.

Side note: What is everyone’s favorite cheese inside? I’m a big fan of Pepperjack !!!

ThunderLund78

Hard to argue with the classic Matt’s Bar Lucy – But the Buffalo Tap in Savage has a few on their menu, and their Parmesan Lucy Patty Melt is ridiculous. They use think bakery bread and they sear the Parmesan right into the bread on the flat top so it makes a crust. Then you can choose what cheese goes inside/on top. I also go with Pepperjack. I believe they will also make your Lucy with Elk or Bison if you’re so inclined. The wings are great, too. It’s kind of a closet Green Bay Packer bar, but hey, no one’s perfect!

Deuces

Easily Matt’s for me.

Wasn’t all that impressed with the 58 burger honestly. Only tried it once tho.

Brad Dimond

Matt’s, the Nook in St. Paul in second place and 5/8 Club a distant third.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Nice! My brother sent me a portable Blackstone as a gift. At first I didn’t think it would be worth the space to store and pain, but we have been loving it! It’s been nice to have something different than normal grilling in the summer and keep the smells out of the house.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I have never had one at a restaurant but when we make them at home I fill with Colby and pepper jack and then a little bit of chopped jalapeño which really makes them pop.
    A good sesame bun and smother it all in some spicy bbq.
    Man I’m hungry

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Matt’s is the original and the best original style. Blue Door is the best for variety flavor Lucy’s with the Nook a close second. Crooked Pint in the burbs is a solid one as well.

Craig Sery
    Bloomington, MN

X5 on Matt’s

Mike m

Thats fun . Years ago i got a jucy lucy burger press , and a grill basket that holds 4 burgers. We would put out a bunch of ingredients and let the kids build there own burger , then id get to grill em . Havnt done that for long time , might have to get em out of storage .

ClownColor
    Inactive
    The Back 40

Those burgers look great ThunderLund, but my question to you all…does anyone “really” like a juicy Lucy??? Nothing like biting into a burger of molten hot lava! LOL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I also missed the 1919 root beer. Yum that completes the entire meal

JEREMY
    BP

Only problem I see is you ruined a delicious looking burger with food club ketchup. Few things cant be generic and ketchup is one of them.(Heinz only) Peanut butter is another.

ThunderLund78

I don’t eat them as much as regular burgers, but yeah, I LOVE em. Sometimes they just hit the spot – it’s not just the cheese, it’s how it mixes with the meat juices and makes beefy, saucy flavor-bomb! And you can’t dig right in, you gotta let it sit – that’s the hardest part, but after 10 minutes it’s no longer molten lava. When I get it in a restaurant I’ll eat all the fries or whatever first, before taking a bite.

You can also cut into them – which kind of defeats the purpose IMO but it makes a good “dip” on your plate for each bite. Same great taste just, not the same experience.

ThunderLund78

Only problem I see is you ruined a delicious looking burger with food club ketchup. Few things cant be generic and ketchup is one of them.(Heinz only) Peanut butter is another.

Ha! blame my “frugal” wife for that crap. I don’t even put ketchup on my Lucy like a normal burger, there’s enough liquid flavor in the middle for me.

robby
    Quad Cities

Are these stuffed burgers? Looks awesome.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.