JR's Report from the South Shore

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Lake is covered in ice, today they were out already checking conditions for fishing opportunities very soon. No promises for this weekend yet but with even colder weather coming…get ready for Red in the next week!

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Made it up to Red on Friday, and had a typical Red Lake bite. We went out of JR’s to the Center Bar area, and as always tried to get away from people as much as possible. In my opinion this is the most important thing of fishing this great lake. We were in 14 fow and started pulling eye’s almost immediately. We caught about 15 fish from 10-18″ in 3 hours, and probably missed just as many. It was a very light bite, but plenty of hookups if you were staying on top of the electronics and hook sets. UV Pink and the ol Red Buckshot got er done. We hit the road by noon with a limit, and got to chase some crappies around closer to home in the evening. It was a great weekend!

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Thanks for the report. Be up there this weekend for a first ever trip. Hope my buddies don’t read this so I have a leg up devil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.