John Deere X304 owners manual-Jensales?

• 3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

I bought a x304 riding mower last week and looking for a manual. Anybody have experience with Jensales and are they a good manual? If anybody has one I’m in the market, JD ones are pretty pricey. Thank you

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

Isn’t the on line manual sufficient?

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

It probably is, but I prefer print. Are JD digital manuals free to read? I didn’t see those, Are they on JD website? Thanks Eyekatcher

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Holy cow, when I put a simpler search in google a munch came up reasonably priced.

eyekatcher
    Lakeville, MN

I use the manuals and parts diagrams all the time.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

$24 on E-Bay for the print X300 series service manual

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I bought a x304 riding mower last week and looking for a manual. Anybody have experience with Jensales and are they a good manual? If anybody has one I’m in the market, JD ones are pretty pricey. Thank you

How do you like the all wheel steering?

I just bought a Deere x354 this spring. Best freaking mower EVER. Close enough to a ZT mower for me but with none of the disadvantages.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Grouse, I like it but the steering will take some getting used to. It feels like my butt is slipping out kind of like losing traction in the old rear wheel drive hot rods. It’s one solid tractor though! Only used it once so far but I like it a whole lot better since I figured out how to hotwire that lever that stalls out the PTO if you don’t pull it when cutting in reverse.

3rdtryguy
    Central Mn

Holy Crap Rocky! Good morning Mark
    Thank you very much for the message. The X304 service manual (OEM-S-JDTM2308) is manual that we special order, and is not currently listed on our website. This manual is available, and is $350.95. I have the table of contents below.

Please let us know if this is something you are interested in! Jensales Team

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Only used it once so far but I like it a whole lot better since I figured out how to hotwire that lever that stalls out the PTO if you don’t pull it when cutting in reverse.

Yeah, that BS “feature” lasted all of 1 mowing before I deleted it as well.

I think there may be som confusion with service manual vs owners manual. A service manual is for the mechanic and is going to go through all kinds of highly technical repairs that an owner is highly unlikely to ever need or attempt themselves even if needed.

A owner’s manual covers routine maintenance and basic troubleshooting as well as attachment procedures etc.

I work on a bit of equipment and only very rarely do I need a service manual.

Btw if your Deere has that lame never change oil system , delete it and go back to a proper oil filter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.