Jobs

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

Agreed, it’s going to take a long while to really sort out what’s what, and what the true impacts are of all sorts of things. As I posted originally there are some things that are pretty clear, getting vaccinated clearly lowers hospitalization/death risk, vitamin D deficiency is a huge increased risk factor, and there are a number of seemingly solid treatments (monoclonal/remdesivir/ivermectin). India is interesting, particularly re: Ivermectin, as shown here.

http://www.covid19criticalcare.com/ivermectin-in-covid-19/epidemiologic-analyses-on-covid19-and-ivermectin/

Umy
    South Metro

Big Werm, Captain Muskie, Crawdaddy – great arguments/thoughts.
    It will NOT stop with this one mandate – it is all about power – both parties included If you believe otherwise so be it – your choice. one look at anyone on either party should show you that. I do NOT watch CNN or FOX ( i am not a loonie lib or a far righty – somewhere in the middle) but see no harm in gettignthe vaccine. HTat being said you should not take my job from me, IN ANY SECTOR if I don’t get it. Mankind is NOT smarter than mother nature.
    What I object to ( I have had COVID and been vaccinated) is the lack of real coverage on any of this. I know way too many doctors, nurses etc who are telling me the high rates of COVID are inflated and the indication of COVID as a cause of death or illness are highly over stated. Yes it can kill, I know that.
    What about the “SUPER SPREADER at our southern border – no tests, sending folks everywhere across this country – REALLY?! They want to limit travel, provide documentation etc but more than willing to bring in thousands every day who can easily be sick and we don’t know it?
    THis is a touchy thread that has no easy answer. Better lifestyle, natural immunity. Heck if two shots were required and do not preclude you from getting sick and now they are saying three should be the mandate – wtf?

Dink buster

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Amish Astronaut wrote:</div>
    I assume voter suppression means requiring an id to vote? Just curious why libs think minorities are too dumb to acquire an id?

A quick internet search shows your assumption is way off

Shorten window to apply for a mail ballot AL H.B. 538, AR S.B. 643, GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, KY H.B. 574, OK H.B. 2663

Shorten deadline to deliver mail ballot AR S.B. 643
    Make it harder to remain on absentee voting lists AZ S.B. 1485, FL S.B. 90

Eliminate or limit sending mail ballot applications to voters who do not specifically request them GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, KS H.B. 2332

Eliminate or limit sending mail ballots to voters who do not specifically request them FL S.B. 90

Restrict assistance in returning a voter’s mail ballot AR H.B. 1715, FL S.B. 90, IA S.F. 413, KS H.B. 2183, KY H.B. 574, MT S.B. 530

Limit the number, location, or availability of mail ballot drop boxes FL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, IN S.B. 398

Impose stricter signature requirements for mail ballots AZ S.B. 1003, ID H.B. 290, KS H.B. 2183

Impose harsher voter ID requirements for mail voting FL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202, MT S.B. 169

Impose harsher voter ID requirements for in-person voting AR H.B. 1112, AR H.B. 1244, NH H.B. 523, MT S.B. 169, WY H.B. 75

Expand voter purges or risk faulty voter purges AZ S.B. 1819, IA S.F. 413, FL S.B. 90, KY H.B. 574, LA H.B. 167, TX S.B. 1111, UT H.B. 12

Increase barriers for voters with disabilities AL H.B. 285, IA S.F. 568, TX H.B. 3920

Ban snacks and water to voters waiting in line FL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202
    Eliminate Election Day registration MT H.B. 176

Reduce polling place availability (locations or hours) IA S.F. 413, MT S.B. 196

Increase number of voters per precinct NV S.B. 84

Limit early voting days or hours GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413

yet non minorities can shuffle through all these safe guards just fine and vote? We’ve found our racist. The same ol Democrats.

Mike

And down the Qanon rabbit hole they go… glad we’re finally getting to the real conspiracy theories and disinformation.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

More popcorn needed. whistling

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I dont really know what you’re talking about Amish and I dont care. I also have no idea why you introduced the idea of voter suppression into the covid/vaccination discussion.

Reading this thread is head spinning. It reminds me of when I wanted to get information on how to care for my outboard motor. I called 10 marinas and got 10 different answers – some of them telling me to do the exact opposite of the previous one I called.

I look forward to when everyday isn’t an argument, a depressing headline, some propaganda driven misinformation campaign….. I dont think we are anywhere close to that day and there’s a chance it never comes.

One of my personal goals has been to pay attention less to the madness and focus instead on doing the things I love to do. Some days I do better than others

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

Threads like this make me want to go hunting and fishing more than anything . Thanks for the motivating reality of genuine mental gymnastics on this issue !

CaptainMusky

I dont really know what you’re talking about Amish and I dont care. I also have no idea why you introduced the idea of voter suppression into the covid/vaccination discussion.

Reading this thread is head spinning. It reminds me of when I wanted to get information on how to care for my outboard motor. I called 10 marinas and got 10 different answers – some of them telling me to do the exact opposite of the previous one I called.

I look forward to when everyday isn’t an argument, a depressing headline, some propaganda driven misinformation campaign….. I dont think we are anywhere close to that day and there’s a chance it never comes.

One of my personal goals has been to pay attention less to the madness and focus instead on doing the things I love to do. Some days I do better than others

The Best thing to do especially through all this is broaden your horizons and not soak up what a single source provides you. The information is out there. It’s increasingly harder to find due to censorship etc but honestly, check into CLCCC and read what studies they’ve worked on. Other countries have been doing this for well over a year with impressive results. Mainly in Africa and parts of Europe. Cheap treatments but no one talks about it here. Go figure

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

The Best thing to do especially through all this is broaden your horizons and not soak up what a single source provides you. The information is out there. It’s increasingly harder to find due to censorship etc but honestly, check into CLCCC and read what studies they’ve worked on. Other countries have been doing this for well over a year with impressive results. Mainly in Africa and parts of Europe. Cheap treatments but no one talks about it here. Go figure

I’ll look into that captainmusky. Thanks. I feel it’s important to stay informed through all of this, but honestly, lately, I’m looking more to just stay away from everything and just focus on my family, friends and community.

Heading up to the shack this weekend to hunt grouse, drink beer, do a little fishing and cook some food over an open campfire. Can’t wait

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Didn’t vaccinations wipe out polio, small pox, rubella?
    I will trust the science. An unvaccinated friend of my daughter just died of covid. In his final days he said he should have got the shot.
    If you don’t want a shot so be it. I hope it works out for you. If you really mistrust the government that bad maybe you should move to another country where you can do whatever you like.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Nice thought Steve, maybe I should move to the “land of the free.”

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Nice thought Steve, maybe I should move to the “land of the free.”

You don’t believe Land of the free means do whatever you like do you?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Within the framework of the law, yes.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Now you have changed the context of what I said.

I not going to argue with you anymore because you just love sparing with people. I have read lots of your post doing it with other people. I have better things to do.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I answered your question. A mandate is not a law. If there were a law requiring X I would follow the law. Example….A seat belt LAW. I wear a seatbelt.

The vaccine is not a law, why? Because it couldn’t get enough votes to pass. So money and other incentives were offered. Some accepted, some rejected. Now a “mandate” is proposed. Again, some will accept, some will decline.

BTW, have you (since you follow so closely what I write) noticed if I have said whether I have gotten vaccinated or not? I don’t think you have because it’s really not anybody’s business but mine.

Good night.

Dink buster

I was responding to someone else who brought up the issue and I mistakenly didn’t quote it. Read through if you care to but otherwise it didn’t involve you so not sure why you got involved in the first place.

Dink buster

Justin donson on page 5 introduced voter suppression into this thread not I. If it bothers you take it up with him. You 2 sound like you’d get along really well. I was pointing out how silly it was.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I heard the news this morning that the fda is now pushing back against any for of vaccination mandate due to the effectiveness with it.
    Hope that’s actually a thing. Some one big pushing biden back

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I heard the news this morning that the fda is now pushing back against any for of vaccination mandate due to the effectiveness with it.

Its true. There were 2 very high ranking officers at FDA that resigned 2 weeks ago as well. The reason they cited for resigning was due to the political nature that is being entrenched into the vaccine and vaccine booster approval process at the agency. Its not just right now either with the current administration. They specifically stated that it was like this during the previous Trump administration too.

FDA has a very strict guideline and procedure for approving drugs and vaccines. They have followed this protocol for many, many years. When politicians start sticking their nose in there, problems occur.

CaptainMusky

Thanks. I feel it’s important to stay informed through all of this, but honestly, lately, I’m looking more to just stay away from everything and just focus on my family, friends and community.

This is sound advice. I try not to get too enraged about what is going on. Its been a very tough time for a lot of people over the last 18 months or so. We were talking about it in the 9/11 thread how the country came together after that attack, but this past few years especially the last 18 months has driven a wedge so far creating a tremendous divide. Its hard to fathom how we all can get back together again. The media is not helping in any of this and we cannot trust our leaders one bit. Not one single one of them.

stout93
    Becker MN

I don’t think we’ll be hearing much more about the mandate going forward. Already starting to see things out there that is was all for show, a distraction.

Red Eye

If there’s gonna be a mandate on the “working class.” Then I feel like there should be a mandate for the ones standing in the welfare line. But then again maybe not? Too many lost votes?

Jason

Classic rewind –

Attachments:
    1. httpswww..jpg

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

I am vaccinated. I think the Science makes sense to me. I am around vulnerable family members with cancer treatments, elderly, etc. and it’s something I did for them as much as me. If the Science doesn’t make sense to you or you don’t care to be vaccinated – that’s fine. I don’t have a ton of sympathy for unvaccinated people who become very ill.

With that said and out of the way, this “mandate” carries no leverage. It is not the government’s job to force something, nor is the government capable of doing so. We’ve went further than mandates…with LAWS for things like drug use, driving while drunk, murders, assault, theft, etc. etc. and cannot stop those either.

A “mandate” isn’t going to force people into a vaccine. If the goal of the government is to get people vaccinated, threatening them will not work. Incentives or scarcity are the best option. To repeat from earlier…when the vaccines were scarce, people were committing fraud left and right to get them at the expense of someone else and “cut the line”. It’s human nature to want something you can’t have or is hard to get.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I don’t think we’ll be hearing much more about the mandate going forward. Already starting to see things out there that is was all for show, a distraction.

Makes these guys who say get the vaccine or Dont go to the hospital look like idiots. When the fda doesn’t agree.

CaptainMusky

Makes these guys who say get the vaccine or Dont go to the hospital look like idiots. When the fda doesn’t agree.

Its a pretty scary day if someone is refused medical treatment regardless of the reason.

TH

I’ve been sitting back reading this thread with popcorn. Refusing medical care to the unvaccinated would be like refusing care to smokers with COPD or heart disease, alcoholics with liver disease or car accident victims who were drunk. Kinda goes against EMTALA which is law. Isn’t your vaccine status your private medical information? What about HIPPA which is law too? You can’t have it both ways.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I’ve been sitting back reading this thread with popcorn. Refusing medical care to the unvaccinated would be like refusing care to smokers with COPD or heart disease, alcoholics with liver disease or car accident victims who were drunk. Kinda goes against EMTALA which is law. Isn’t your vaccine status your private medical information? What about HIPPA which is law too? You can’t have it both ways.

I concur. A page or 2 back some one said people refusing the shots are sociopaths. Pretty bold and un educated statements

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not to send this entertaining thread off track, but the US Government is rapidly hurdling towards another unnecessary and foolish shutdown in addition to a debt limit on Oct 1 if Congress and the President don’t get their act together.

A federal mandate will be pretty useless if there is no one working to enforce it. Irony at its best.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

I don’t know that a mandate equals a law anyway.

Can he also mandate guns are illegal or mandate you can only smoke pot from Colorado?

He is over stepping his legal boundary and somebody will set him in his place soon enough.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Jobs’ is closed to new replies.