Jobs

• CaptainMusky

For those who care… google Dr Charles Hoffe… he is a small town Canadian doctor. He explains the clotting with mRNA. I tried to post a video on FB and was warned before I hit publish… I would be banned. Somebody doesn’t want this doctors findings out.

There are a lot of Drs raising red flags or caution/concern over the mRNA vaccines even the inventor of mRNA himself Dr Robert Malone.
    Typical vaccines like your polio, MMR, etc the shot stays in the injection site where it does its work to instruct the body’s immune system to react to a foreign illness. These vaccines are migrating throughout the body which is troublesome for a multitude of reasons and it is suspected is the cause of the clotting, Myocarditis and other side effects by certain individuals.
    Teenage boys are at a high risk of having heart inflammation. The way they keep pumping this vaccine vs promoting healthy lifestyle changes that highest risk people could have changed in their lives starting a year ago should tell you all you need to know about what is going on.
    Teenage boys are more at risk of being struck by lightning than dying from Covid and are at a higher risk of side effects from the vaccine than if they actually contracted Covid.
    All this data is out there, yet the FDA and CDC refuses to acknowledge it.
    If you have time, search out FLCCC. Its a group of Drs who have worked together to develop a treatment program for covid including preventative and have data to support their findings. The majority of the things they suggest are over the counter.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Justin Donson wrote:</div>
    The pandemic sucks, but in some ways, it’s actually kind of poetic.

I mean, how hilarious is it that the political party that relies so heavily on voter suppression to even have a chance of winning any major election(the republican party for those playing along at home), is so heavily unvaccinated that they are dying off at a rate of like 3 to 1 versus Democrats? ​

I mean, Trump himself endorsed the vaccine the other day at a rally, I’m assuming most of this forum was there in person, what’s the world coming to if you guys can’t trust ol’ Donny anymore? So are the doctors and the democrats and CDC and every other medical community across the entire globe lying about the COVID vaccine being worth taking, or is Donald Trump lying about it? Or is it some bizarre political stance the Republican party is taking that is spectacularly backfiring on them? Or is Donny a Democratic agent now?!?!

You know the majority of Republican senators and congresspeople are vaccinated right? And you know that all your talking heads on Fox News are vaccinated right? Like, Fox News has had a vaccine mandate in place BEFORE the big bad gubberment told them they had to. All those talking heads that have been bad mouthing Fauci and the CDC and the dems are all vaccinated. None of them went on strike or left their jobs because, despite all facts opposing this, they actually aren’t complete idiots.

So from a humanitarian perspective, you non-vaxxers suck big time. But from a political perspective, it’s like really funny that you are literally just killing off all the old republican voters. I can’t wait for all the conspiracy theories in the coming elections about how voter counts are down for republicans, because LOL, republican politicians literally told people NOT to take a life-saving vaccine.

Dude….you need some treatment. Ole Donny did a big time number on you my friend..LOL!

Living in his head rent free. haha

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’m not arguing just stating my opinion and when the docs don’t take it why would we.

Again, the point I am trying to make is that the vaccination rate amongst medical staff will be somewhat representative of the general population.

If you go the CDC link I provided you’ll see that physicians have a much higher vaccination rate (75%) back in March than the general public right now. I’d imagine that amongst physicians the number has risen since then to. I wanna say I saw something like 90% at some point this past summer. When you say docs I’d have to assume actual doctors with medical doctorate degrees. This level of education is quite a bit different than nurses and aides.

I’d be wondering why the disparity between doctors and nurses. I’m not arguing either, I just want to make sure the facts are correct. You all can make your own decisions, but that choice is quickly fading.

404 ERROR
    MN

Well I finally gots me the Covid….so far so good.

I had a sore throat and some aches, that’s it. Came out of my 10 day stint on Saturday. Wife and kids had virtually zero symptoms.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I don’t believe that it is the role of the federal government to mandate a vaccine. I think its over reach and its going to end up in court. While it does not mandate it for the general population, there are not a lot of loop holes to avoid it other than regular testing in some cases with this executive order. Mandating it for the federal work force is within the president’s jurisdiction. I work for the federal government and if we have to remove a few people, so be it. Sometimes you gotta shoot a hostage.

Businesses, schools, health care, and other private entities can require it on their own, and many have. Especially now that it has Standard Approval just like any other vaccine out there. Some private businesses have chosen to make life more difficult rather than mandate it for their employees. For example, Delta Airlines. Increasing monthly health premiums by 200 bucks has turned a significant portion of their work force. So there are other ways to do it other than a mandate.

The goal here was to avoid sending too many people to the hospital or ICU. In many states, and as certain people have even posted on this thread, that goal has failed because some are now full, primarily with unvaccinated patients. Now there’s no room for people that need health care because they had a heart attack, stroke, or they were in a car accident or they were shot, etc.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Fun read catching up this morning, and glad it’s stayed mainly civil. I’ll start by saying I’m vaccinated, it was no big deal for me, and I believe the data is VERY clear it helps keep you out of the hospital or morgue. If you don’t want it for some reason I respect that too.

The governments mandate is a non-starter for me, and believe everyone of all political leanings should push back against it. I stole this, but agree 100%, “If the government or employer can force you to take a medicine you don’t want, and you think they’re going to stop with just this one-you’ve lost your mind.” For the Justin Donson’s out there, imagine if Trump had mandated you take it.

Also, for everyone, regardless of vaccine beliefs, you should focus on improving your health. Get outside exercising in the sun. Take vitamins, particularly Vitamin D, C and Zinc. I’ve personally emphasized this the last year and half after reading the amount of hospitalized Covid patients with Vitamin D deficiency. I believe this was a major reason why I didn’t get Covid when my wife had it and we shared a bed for 2 weeks of quarantine. Or when I had an hour long lunch with a client who was Covid+ two days later. If you do get sick from Covid, get to a Dr that will prescribe Monoclonal antibodies, Remdesivir and/or Ivermectin asap. Anyone saying Ivermectin as human treatment is a Horse Dewormer, does not know what they are talking about, there’s a ton of Covid specific info at the attached link. Ivermectin has been used for decades with little to no side effects, has proven Anti-viral effects, and the Dr’s that discovered it won a Nobel Peace Prize for it in 2015.

http://www.covid19criticalcare.com/

tornadochaser

First off, I’ll say that I’m pro-vax in general, and not opposed to getting a covid-19 vaccination, in fact I’m likely getting jabbed in the next few weeks.

Some questions:

Why is there such vehement opposition to discussing, researching, and promoting treatment of Covid-19? Should we not be promoting and discussing all aspects of prevention and treatment?

Can anybody prove to me that any of the three vaccines currently approved for use in the US will do a better job at preventing future Covid-19 infections in my body versus the antibodies I already have from getting Covid-19 earlier this year?

If hospitals are full of patients, and case numbers are spiking, why are those who enter and exit medical facilities allowed to throw used masks in the trash near the entrance or in a public area trash receptacle? How important is prevention to a hospital, if a trash can full of used masks is sitting right next to a 24″x24″ return air register for an air-handler that serves 150 rooms in a wing?

What sense does it make for a hospital to require contractors to get vaccinated, but if they are in the building less than 40 hours per year, it’s not required? I could pull a 36 hour shift asymptomatic positive on a project and infect who knows how many people in the facility? It’s policies like this that make absolutely no sense and further confuse the issue.

Lately I think we’ve gone past the point of no return as a fractured republic, and that’s exactly what the puppet masters want. We’re all being fueled to believe it’s us vs. them, me vs. you, you’re to blame for my failings. Tired of it.

CaptainMusky

Can anybody prove to me that any of the three vaccines currently approved for use in the US will do a better job at preventing future Covid-19 infections in my body versus the antibodies I already have from getting Covid-19 earlier this year?

There is lots of evidence out of other countries whose waves hit earlier than ours AND they were farther along with their population fully vaxxed that if you had covid prior to being vaxxed and then got the vaccine that their efficacy is lower than if you just remained unvaccinated. Meaning, the natural immunity was stronger and getting the jab actually increases your risk of getting it again.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

One thing I want to throw out there is that people really need to avoid anecdotal experiences when it comes weighing risk. When I see people say that they were with X number of people infected for X amount of time, we really need people to understand what your chances really are of becoming infected from another infected person. This is called secondary attack rate. It’s the percentage of close contacts that will get infected from a single infected person. Essentially your chances of catching it from an infected person.

This is actually in the range of about 10-20%.
    http://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.02.23.21252287v1

http://www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SARS-CoV-2_Delta_variant

This is why it’s not a good idea to rely on anecdotal experiences.

Beyond that, it’s important to understand that while the vaccine isn’t perfect at preventing infection, greatly reduces the chance that you pass it onto someone else and greatly reduces the chance of mutation. It reduces the chance of mutation because the virus replicates significantly less in a person with antibodies than that of a someone who doesn’t have antibodies. Hence one of the reasons why we need the overwhelming majority of people vaccinated. Unvaccinated populations ARE the breeding ground for variants.

Hospitals and ICUs are full in many states across the country. People without COVID are dying because of COVID. They are being turned away from hospitals because they don’t have anywhere to put them. Some states have begun rationing care by evoking “crisis standards of care”. This means those most likely to survive are the only ones being offered care. Those with the worst chances of survival will be left to die. This is true for any medical condition, not just severe COVID infection.

For those that think since risk of driving a car greatly outweighs the risk of COVID that it’s not worth getting a vaccination, need to understand that if they get in a bad car wreck and survive, may die simply because you may not be able to find emergency care.

The sooner we get a high level of vaccination, the sooner we can reduce the number of hospitalizations and the sooner hospitals can breathe easier.

This isn’t why I came here. I can here to let people know that the company I work for is hiring for a bunch of really good quality positions right now. We have about 60 or so employees so we are not requiring employees to test or get vaccinated. We are a very meticulously clean machine shop looking for good skilled help in a wide variety op positions. I will try to post the job postings later today or tonight if people are interested.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

A positive antibody test should be treated like a vax card.

CaptainMusky

I agree! Why are they not testing for prior infection? Makes no sense.

dirtywater

It’s astonishing how many folks still think the the vaccine is intended primarily to protect the individual recipient of the shot. The “I’m a healthy guy” argument makes you look like a complete fool or the type of person who simply doesn’t care if they’re responsible for passing it to someone more vulnerable than themselves. It’s borderline sociopathic.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>suzuki wrote:</div>

I agree! Why are they not testing for prior infection? Makes no sense.

x3

When natural immunity is 13 times stronger than a vaccine against the delta variant, and lasts longer as well, it is better than being vaccinated. And adding a vaccine on top of natural immunity provides a statistically insignificant change.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

The sooner we get a high level of vaccination, the sooner we can reduce the number of hospitalizations and the sooner hospitals can breathe easier.

We hope. The US currently has 76% of adults over 18 with at least one shot. Israel and the UK have much higher vaccination rates, and similar hospital issues.

CaptainMusky

It’s astonishing how many folks still think the the vaccine is intended primarily to protect the individual recipient of the shot. The “I’m a healthy guy” argument makes you look like a complete fool or the type of person who simply doesn’t care if they’re responsible for passing it to someone more vulnerable than themselves. It’s borderline sociopathic.

If the vaccine doesnt protect a person from getting infected what good is it? The vaccine does however protect people who are at high risk from getting very sick and hopefully not dying. If someone is at risk, get the vaccine, whether a healthy person who had natural immunity doesnt get the vaccine has no impact on a vaccinated person. Vaccinated and unvaccinated people can have the same viral loads as each other. The studies are out there, the media doesnt want you to know this.

CaptainMusky

We hope. The US currently has 76% of adults over 18 with at least one shot. Israel and the UK have much higher vaccination rates, and similar hospital issues.

Israel has also started doing a 3rd dose and the majority of the people infected are those vaccinated.

big_g
    Isle, MN

the short answer to many of the questions…. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ As far as full hospitals ? Remember the Mercy Ship ??? What gives ??? Hospitals asking if you’ve had the jab, no… admit them. If you had the jab, your fine, go home. I would say full stadiums should be your clue how deadly this is. coffee Long term, plugged capillaries will not be good for any age… but hey it’s just science. (also, I would be suspect of all these Surgeons, who say they took the jab… did you see it ?) Hard to believe someone would mislead, especially the media. crazy

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Wat?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I appreciate that you brought up Israel and the UK. We should throw Iceland in there for comparison as well. Three countries with high vaccination rates and currently (or recently) high infection rates and three countries with slightly different outcomes. All are seeing some of the highest case numbers of the entire pandemic so let’s see how they compare to hospitalizations.

UK daily cases
    877/1M in January
    500/1M now

UK weekly hospitalizations
    422/1M in January
    100/1M now

Israel daily cases
    981/1M in January
    1143/1M now

Israel weekly hospitalizations
    225/1M in January
    165/1M now

Iceland daily cases
    250/1M in October 2020
    346/1M now

Iceland weekly hospitalizations
    145/1M in October 2020
    76//1M now

Sources:

http://www.ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-03-01..latest&facet=none&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=new_cases_smoothed_per_million&Metric=Hospital+admissions&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=USA~GBR~ISR~ISL

http://www.ourworldindata.org/explorers/coronavirus-data-explorer?zoomToSelection=true&time=2020-03-01..latest&facet=none&pickerSort=desc&pickerMetric=new_cases_smoothed_per_million&Metric=Confirmed+cases&Interval=7-day+rolling+average&Relative+to+Population=true&Align+outbreaks=false&country=USA~GBR~ISR~ISL

The UK is the most comparable to us regarding vaccination rate and yet they have the lowest hospitalizations relative to the previous peak.

US daily cases
    754/1M in January
    492/1M now

US weekly hospitalizations
    752/1M in January
    498/1M now

It’s pretty clear that higher vaccination rates play a large part of preventing severe illness, but it also suggests that natural immunity may play a role as well. The problem being clearly that natural immunity is a much harsher way to achieve enough protection to prevent hospitals from being overwhelmed. You’d essentially be overrunning hospitals to … not overrun hospitals.

big_g
    Isle, MN

That is a 4 month study… I will hold out for the 5 year study. Ivermectin (for human use, the stuff that won a 1995 Nobel Prize) should have rendered the vaccine useless by now.. but certain people do not want that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

pass0047
    Pool4

Survey shows 96% of doctors vaccinated.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think we’ll see more of this too.

Bob Enyart, conservative firebrand and pastor, dies of COVID-19

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Why are they not testing for prior infection?

The tests for antibodies are unreliable at best. Its like the testing for the virus itself when the testing methods were first introduced. Over time and after some refinement, there will be better tests for antibodies available. The test kits have to undergo the same approval process as a test does for the virus.

Million dollar idea right there. Come up with a quick, reliable, reasonably-priced antibody test and get it approved.

luttes
    Maplewood/WBL

The shot is exactly intended to protect the individual. There is no evidence that the vaccine stops the spread of covid, in fact, it seems that the opposite is true by giving people a false sense of security and spreading it asymptomatically. Contrary to what B-dawg said in his address, the threat is not the unvaccinated infecting the vaccinated. Throw your stones somewhere else.

Dink buster

I assume voter suppression means requiring an id to vote? Just curious why libs think minorities are too dumb to acquire an id?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

@Matt Wodziak I appreciate you putting the #’s together for that. However, comparing now to the worst time frame, doesn’t really tell you anything except how it is now compared to then. To account for vaccine impact you would also need to factor vaccine rate into the January time frame, and account for seasonality as well. For the UK we will know the impact of vaccines in late winter/early spring when the UK cases/hospitalization spikes have been. If you compare now, to last August/September, it actually looks far worse now in the UK.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I assume voter suppression means requiring an id to vote? Just curious why libs think minorities are too dumb to acquire an id?

A quick internet search shows your assumption is way off

Shorten window to apply for a mail ballot AL H.B. 538, AR S.B. 643, GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, KY H.B. 574, OK H.B. 2663

Shorten deadline to deliver mail ballot AR S.B. 643
    Make it harder to remain on absentee voting lists AZ S.B. 1485, FL S.B. 90

Eliminate or limit sending mail ballot applications to voters who do not specifically request them GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, KS H.B. 2332

Eliminate or limit sending mail ballots to voters who do not specifically request them FL S.B. 90

Restrict assistance in returning a voter’s mail ballot AR H.B. 1715, FL S.B. 90, IA S.F. 413, KS H.B. 2183, KY H.B. 574, MT S.B. 530

Limit the number, location, or availability of mail ballot drop boxes FL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413, IN S.B. 398

Impose stricter signature requirements for mail ballots AZ S.B. 1003, ID H.B. 290, KS H.B. 2183

Impose harsher voter ID requirements for mail voting FL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202, MT S.B. 169

Impose harsher voter ID requirements for in-person voting AR H.B. 1112, AR H.B. 1244, NH H.B. 523, MT S.B. 169, WY H.B. 75

Expand voter purges or risk faulty voter purges AZ S.B. 1819, IA S.F. 413, FL S.B. 90, KY H.B. 574, LA H.B. 167, TX S.B. 1111, UT H.B. 12

Increase barriers for voters with disabilities AL H.B. 285, IA S.F. 568, TX H.B. 3920

Ban snacks and water to voters waiting in line FL S.B. 90, GA S.B. 202
    Eliminate Election Day registration MT H.B. 176

Reduce polling place availability (locations or hours) IA S.F. 413, MT S.B. 196

Increase number of voters per precinct NV S.B. 84

Limit early voting days or hours GA S.B. 202, IA S.F. 413

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

@Matt Wodziak I appreciate you putting the #’s together for that. However, comparing now to the worst time frame, doesn’t really tell you anything except how it is now compared to then. To account for vaccine impact you would also need to factor vaccine rate into the January time frame, and account for seasonality as well. For the UK we will know the impact of vaccines in late winter/early spring when the UK cases/hospitalization spikes have been. If you compare now, to last August/September, it actually looks far worse now in the UK.

The assumption is the vast majority hadn’t been “fully” vaccinated in January. I think the UK had about a 2 week head start on us. Even if the general public we’re getting vaccinated in January, it still takes 4-6 weeks to actually gain any protection. I believe this gives us nearly the best possible “vaccinated population vs unvaccinated population” scenario available.

Using the peaks is simply an easy reference point. You can conclude that a peak in hospitalizations is directly related to a peak in cases.

We are also experiencing the by far the most transmissible variant to date as well. It’s logical to think that without vaccination we might be looking more like what India looked like this past summer. Maybe not. Anyone expert who says they know that this is going to do is an f’ing liar.

robby
    Quad Cities

Here in the Republik of Illinois our Shot Caller (Governor) mandated that all Healthcare Workers get vaccinated. Most Health Systems, hospitals, etc have their own mandates. We are short staffed as it is and we are going to lost more over this. I am vaccinated so I will not lose my job. The health system I work for just announced a decent raise, but for those who do not get vaccinated, they will not get this raise because of the level of corrective action they will be in for refusing.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Jobs’ is closed to new replies.