Jobs

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I hope active Military is seeing how he is treating Vets today that want to use the Veteran Hospital System. Shame shame shame.

B-man

Well I finally gots me the Covid….so far so good.

I felt a little off on Friday. Saturday am I woke up with body aches. I went and took a rapid test at a clinic and came back negative (I took the test to be cleared to go to the Basilica Block Party, and apparently didn’t have enough viral load for a positive test)

We had an awesome time at the concert and drank a ton of beer toast Zach Bryan was amazing!

Sunday morning I woke up with a killer hangover, then a fever before noon. I was feeling pretty good when I crawled into bed last night, but woke up in the middle of the night with the fever back. My wife said to go get tested again today, sure as ship it came back positive.

I’m feeling better today, and just have some minor aches and pains. Crossing my fingers this will be the extent of it and that I can sneak a 4-5 day Covid fishing trip out of the deal before going back to work mrgreen

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well I finally gots me the Covid….so far so good.

I felt a little off on Friday. Saturday am I woke up with body aches. I went and took a rapid test at a clinic and came back negative (I took the test to be cleared to go to the Basilica Block Party, and didn’t have enough viral load for a positive test)

We had an awesome time at the concert and drank a ton of beer toast Zach Bryan was amazing!

Sunday morning I woke up with a killer hangover, then a fever before noon. I was feeling pretty good when I crawled into bed last night, but woke up in the middle of the night with the fever back. My wife said to go get tested again today, sure as ship it came back positive.

I’m feeling better today, and just have some minor aches and pains. Crossing my fingers this will be the extent of it and that I can sneak a 4-5 day Covid fishing trip out of the deal before going back to work mrgreen

That was what we did when we had it. We spent our covid time camping secluded along the river.

LabDaddy1

Yeah Glenn, you’re absolutely right. The problem is I won’t have insurance for another 90 days and it’s just not financially feasible for me to do that right now. Unfortunate and kind of messed up, but it’s a free market and is what it is.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Yeah Glenn, you’re absolutely right. The problem is I won’t have insurance for another 90 days and it’s just not financially feasible for me to do that right now. Unfortunate and kind of messed up, but it’s a free market and is what it is.

you still do not have insurance from your former employer???

You have either 45 or 60 days, I forget off hand, I’ve been out of it for a year now, to decide and do the paperwork. Then another 45 or 60 days to pay for it, one month at a time.

Most of the insurance run from month to month, if you terminated from your former employer in the middle of the month you’d have to pay your portion though.

fishtoeat
    Chippewa Falls, Wi

This mandate the most overreaching government policy since the patriot act. Maybe worse. I don’t care what you think about covid and this ‘vaccine’ but if you think it is okay for the government to do what they are doing, I don’t think you are much of a true American.

If people put up with this I hope they realize this is the start of a very slippery slope.

Yep, where/when will it end!

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

You could also apply for cobra and that can be retroactive.

I agree with Glenn, you have coverage on your last policy for a period of time.

I can’t believe a new employer doesn’t offer insurance within 30 days. Seems odd to me.

Hope you get it squared away. Nothing more important than your health.

glenn57
    cold spring mn

Matt, I did contract negotiations for 13 1/2 years. That’s getting to be pretty common. It falls in line with probationary periods.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

coffee coffee coffee

Attachments:
    1. 1630016269951.jpg

big_g
    Isle, MN

For those who care… google Dr Charles Hoffe… he is a small town Canadian doctor. He explains the clotting with mRNA. I tried to post a video on FB and was warned before I hit publish… I would be banned. Somebody doesn’t want this doctors findings out.

Dink buster

This is what real leadership looks like. Making people do what they don’t want to do. Be sure to thank all your friends in Minnesota and Wisconsin that voted for this. Without them this would not be possible.

bigpike

I finally broke down and am in the process of getting vaccinated. I had covid last October. But all the safe guards at work for covid have been removed ( paid time off) in fact the first shot got me so sick I missed work and did not get paid for it. Thanks for nothing government over reach, this is what 5 trillion spent on covid gets me! But I figure now they cant make me go home if covid breaks out in my workplace or treat me differently for not being vaccinated. Atleast that’s my hope. Plus once vaccinated I wont have to wear a mask at work – for now. Basically I felt I had no choice but to get the poke in order to best protect my livelihood. To me that’s wrong but that’s the world we currently live in.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

When over half of the medical staff isn’t taking the vaccine, I take that as a red flag right there.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

When over half of the medical staff isn’t taking the vaccine, I take that as a red flag right there.

X2

ganderpike
    Alexandria

If you guys have time, and the desire to see what weaponized autism looks like, head over to Nodak Angler and read the last 15 pages on “All Things Covid”. Oofta

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If people put up with this I hope they realize this is the start of a very slippery slope.

You can bet its going to end up in court somewhere. Whether it holds up will be decided by a judge and perhaps ultimately, the Supreme Court. Which currently has a conservative majority.

KPE
    River Falls, WI

Pre-2001: “Haha yeah the government would never conduct mass surveillance on its citizens, that’s ridiculous”

Pre-2020: “Haha yeah the government would never forcibly inject the population with a marginally effective prophylactic therapy which skipped clinical trials, and also has no control group thus rendering any data questionable. That’s ridiculous”

What’s next? I’m guessing: “Haha yeah the US economy could never collapse due to hyperinflation, that’s ridiculous”

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

This isn’t true. Are you referring to this? http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7030a2.htm

This show vaccination status as of March 2021. Keeping in mind that the vaccines became available to medical personnel in December of 2020. You also have to take into account it takes about 5-6 weeks to be considered fully vaccinated so those that who may have started vaccination in early February would not be counted as fully vaccinated.

As a side note, it’s understandable that if you are the first in the world to get a new vaccine, it would be understandable to be somewhat hesitant. At this point there are billions vaccinated with the mRNA vaccines and are actually safer than taking aspirin. The actual rate of unvaccinated medical personnel today is actually slightly lower than the general public.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Are people born with photographic memories, or does it take time to develop?

Gotta appreciate a subtle pun like that gem!! bow bow

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

What does the general public have to do with the medical staff. Im stating points on when the people giving out the shot don’t want nor take the shot them selves it makes me scratch my noggin.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

What does the general public have to do with the medical staff. Im stating points on when the people giving out the shot don’t want nor take the shot them selves it makes me scratch my noggin.

You said 1/2 isn’t taking the vaccine, which would be less than the general public. That’s not true. I’m just stating that the actual portion of vaccinated medical staff isn’t known but it’s estimated to be a little higher than the general public.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

You said 1/2 isn’t taking the vaccine, which would be less than the general public. That’s not true. I’m just stating that the actual number of vaccinated medical staff isn’t known but it’s estimated to be a little higher than the general public.
    [/quote
    But a estimate isn’t a fact nor true either I would assume. From what I have read with the new mandate on testing in the hospitals due to staff opting out on the shot I made my estimate on saying half.
    Still quite the red flag. But I suppose you probably know much more on it then I do roll

Anonymous
    Inactive

Omg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

The number of medical staff not getting the vaccine is concerning, but only because they stand to put those in the hospital at much greater risk. The point is that the ratio of vaccinated/unvaccinated isn’t outside what one would expect based on what we are seeing in the general public. These people are just like us. There are many right here on this site, many are spouses. Most are vaccinated, some are not.

Justin Donson

The pandemic sucks, but in some ways, it’s actually kind of poetic.

I mean, how hilarious is it that the political party that relies so heavily on voter suppression to even have a chance of winning any major election(the republican party for those playing along at home), is so heavily unvaccinated that they are dying off at a rate of like 3 to 1 versus Democrats? ​

I mean, Trump himself endorsed the vaccine the other day at a rally, I’m assuming most of this forum was there in person, what’s the world coming to if you guys can’t trust ol’ Donny anymore? So are the doctors and the democrats and CDC and every other medical community across the entire globe lying about the COVID vaccine being worth taking, or is Donald Trump lying about it? Or is it some bizarre political stance the Republican party is taking that is spectacularly backfiring on them? Or is Donny a Democratic agent now?!?!

You know the majority of Republican senators and congresspeople are vaccinated right? And you know that all your talking heads on Fox News are vaccinated right? Like, Fox News has had a vaccine mandate in place BEFORE the big bad gubberment told them they had to. All those talking heads that have been bad mouthing Fauci and the CDC and the dems are all vaccinated. None of them went on strike or left their jobs because, despite all facts opposing this, they actually aren’t complete idiots.

So from a humanitarian perspective, you non-vaxxers suck big time. But from a political perspective, it’s like really funny that you are literally just killing off all the old republican voters. I can’t wait for all the conspiracy theories in the coming elections about how voter counts are down for republicans, because LOL, republican politicians literally told people NOT to take a life-saving vaccine.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

many are spouses. Most are vaccinated, some are not.

A big part of my concern is my brother who is a lead doc at the u of m, and his wife the lead nurse. And what he tells me on what most of his co workers say. And how they will not accept the jab.

I do find it interesting that you seek there help but claim they are the ones putting others in risk ? I’m not arguing just stating my opinion and when the docs don’t take it why would we.
    Or how the mandate says we the people of business need it. But not them themselves

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I guess I’m a odd one out. I have not cared about politics or who backs what, more on how it’s being pushed and forced. I don’t care if it’s trump biden Clinton or some other jackass

Angler II

The number of medical staff not getting the vaccine is concerning, but only because they stand to put those in the hospital at much greater risk. The point is that the ratio of vaccinated/unvaccinated isn’t outside what one would expect based on what we are seeing in the general public. These people are just like us. There are many right here on this site, many are spouses. Most are vaccinated, some are not.

What’s concerning is the fact that these mandates are causing shortages in hospitals.

stout93
    Becker MN

The pandemic sucks, but in some ways, it’s actually kind of poetic.

I mean, how hilarious is it that the political party that relies so heavily on voter suppression to even have a chance of winning any major election(the republican party for those playing along at home), is so heavily unvaccinated that they are dying off at a rate of like 3 to 1 versus Democrats? ​

I mean, Trump himself endorsed the vaccine the other day at a rally, I’m assuming most of this forum was there in person, what’s the world coming to if you guys can’t trust ol’ Donny anymore? So are the doctors and the democrats and CDC and every other medical community across the entire globe lying about the COVID vaccine being worth taking, or is Donald Trump lying about it? Or is it some bizarre political stance the Republican party is taking that is spectacularly backfiring on them? Or is Donny a Democratic agent now?!?!

You know the majority of Republican senators and congresspeople are vaccinated right? And you know that all your talking heads on Fox News are vaccinated right? Like, Fox News has had a vaccine mandate in place BEFORE the big bad gubberment told them they had to. All those talking heads that have been bad mouthing Fauci and the CDC and the dems are all vaccinated. None of them went on strike or left their jobs because, despite all facts opposing this, they actually aren’t complete idiots.

So from a humanitarian perspective, you non-vaxxers suck big time. But from a political perspective, it’s like really funny that you are literally just killing off all the old republican voters. I can’t wait for all the conspiracy theories in the coming elections about how voter counts are down for republicans, because LOL, republican politicians literally told people NOT to take a life-saving vaccine.

Dude….you need some treatment. Ole Donny did a big time number on you my friend..LOL!

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 426 total)

The topic ‘Jobs’ is closed to new replies.