Jaw jacker tips for walleye and perch

• Connor Erhardt

I just got two jaw jackers as a gift and was wondering what people normally use for walleye and perch? From what ive seen its either a jighead with a minnow or a minnow on a treble. Is the minnow not strong enough to set off the trigger? Lastly i normally fish jigging raps at very fast paces and have walleye chase 5-15 feet before hitting.(think laker jigging with a jigging rap) so if thats usually how i catch my limit i dont know if the jj is going to help catch the less active fish or are they just going to catch perch and get false strikes from them.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Is the minnow not strong enough to set off the trigger?

The tension on the trigger is adjustable to regulate the force required to set it off.

BTW: You will probably get multiple responses telling you these are illegal in Minnesota. As far as I know Minnesota may be the only state or one of a very few in which they are illegal.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I use the Automatic fisherman, I think its very similar.

I can use a stiffer or softer rod, bend the “hook” on the trigger and use a weight/bobber between rod eyes to get my minnows not to trip.

Start watching youtube videos and watch how others set them up will help you to understand more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.