It’s still around – Covid that is.

• picklerick
    Central WI

Got any actual studies that back that up? I wish it were true because I’m no fan of the rushed shots, but I couldn’t find any real data that showed Ivermectin is any more effective than placebo. A good immune system was and is still the best medicine in my opinion.

CaptainMusky

Studies are out there if you want to look. Many countries used it exclusively especially in Africa because it is cheap. I also previously mentioned that I have family that about a dozen of them got covid and were able to get Ivermectin and they were better within a day or two at most. Its literally the safest medicine on the planet and cheap as heck, why it wasnt promoted and those that tried silenced and banned off social media is beyond me.

Gitchi Gummi

I’m doing my best to find these studies but all I can find is stuff that says the exact opposite. could you share a reputable source?

also, a dozen family members is a pretty small sample size to offer up a 100% effectiveness conclusion. was there a control group in this experiment?

picklerick
    Central WI

OK, so I have looked and there are no studies that concluded that it was more effective than doing nothing. Remember, we’re talking about a virus with a way upper 90% survival rate, so odds are your family was likely to have been fine without Ivermectin. The use of it in third world countries because they had no other option doesn’t mean it was effective. I agree that it could have been handled better and was likely that it was cast aside without enough evidence early on, but it’s been years since and there still isn’t anything out there that proves it’s efficacy.

stout93
    Becker MN

Do we really think the establishment scientific community would run a study (and publish the results if it didn’t meet their pre determined outcome) on the effects of a drug that they deemed a horse de-wormer and literally laughed and degraded (see Joe Rogan) anyone that claimed it worked???

Anyone putting their trust and believing anything the medical community, CDC, NIH, Government, etc hasn’t been on this planet the past four years..

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I’ll just state this and go back to reading this post. The whole covid pandemic to me felt like a big government intrusion. Lies propagated by MSM, and fear mongering. Seems like it was more to cause societal fractions then do anything good. My grandma died during the pandemic of colon cancer and I couldn’t even come see her in hospice. I have cousins that won’t speak to their parents because the parents didn’t get the jab. I myself stayed in the woods and on the river and kept to myself, so the pressure for me to get vaccinated was low. I just didn’t talk about it and it passed. However. I work at a state hospital and they were trying to force me to get it, so I had to file a religious exemption. I thought I was gonna wind up without a job or in jail. We cannot let this happen again. And that’s all I got to say about that.

Reef W

literally laughed and degraded (see Joe Rogan) anyone that claimed it worked???

Rogan is actually a great example here. He took ivermectin, monoclonal antibodies, prednisone, azithromycin, a NAD drip and a vitamin drip and said he felt great after 3 days. The only conclusion from this is that ivermectin works… for those who want to believe it does rotflol

CaptainMusky

OK, so I have looked and there are no studies that concluded that it was more effective than doing nothing.

Search for Pierre Kory and a host of other doctors who were silenced at the beginning and you should find a host of information regarding its efficacy. At WORST it did nothing, at best the symptoms improved dramatically.
    There were many DR’s in mainly Red states that would prescribe this to the behest of the CDC and others and often were at risk of losing their license and it worked. There is one Dr who focused on patients with all sorts of autoimmune diseases and severe asthma among other maladies and he treated them all the same way and never had ONE single person admitted to the ER while many others did with the “traditional” treatment. The information is out there if you want to try and find it. I am not posting links because there are so many people that will just claim its fake or find some other fault it in. I know what my family dealt with. 4 of them were in the ER prior to getting ivermectin and literally a day later they walked out and were fine.

picklerick
    Central WI

Do we really think the establishment scientific community would run a study (and publish the results if it didn’t meet their pre determined outcome) on the effects of a drug that they deemed a horse de-wormer and literally laughed and degraded (see Joe Rogan) anyone that claimed it worked???

Anyone putting their trust and believing anything the medical community, CDC, NIH, Government, etc hasn’t been on this planet the past four years..

Real scientists love to prove each other wrong. I would expect a number of them would have done so by now. I agree with everything you stated about degrading those that questioned everything. I did and I still am. That’s why I’m waiting for something other than anecdotal stories that could just as easily been attributed to the immune system or a less virulent mutation of the virus.

big_g
    Isle, MN

If you go back and see the studies that were done with the first variant… it was very effective in saving lives and symptom reduction. The studies they are doing now are on variants and have mixed results, between vaxxed and unvaxxed. Nobody was vaxxed when it first was used with great success.

picklerick
    Central WI

I’d be interested to look at one. Do you have a source? I recall hearing about some back then, but the opposition was quite a bit louder. I just think that it would be easier to find if it were true. I’ve looked quite a bit. I mean, even the “you can’t get it, can’t spread it” lie that was almost immediately disproven, was repeated for a long time. But, now, they just go with “well, it won’t be as bad” but there’s really no way to prove symptoms would have been worse without the shots.

stout93
    Becker MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>stout93 wrote:</div>

Real scientists love to prove each other wrong. I would expect a number of them would have done so by now.

Agreed. But the other side was censored. FACT

big_g
    Isle, MN

another.. dated 11/12/2020… this was early on. ivermectin

Chris Cuomo takes Ivermectin regularly now

picklerick
    Central WI

Interesting. Those are both pretty small studies, and very early on, but there’s no doubt that this info was censored immediately. I concede that it may still be to this day. I haven’t trusted the media since I started actually paying attention to people I disagree with. It’s easy to agree with everyone around you when everyone’s uninformed. It’s impossible when you know you’re talking to someone that is just repeating a lie they’ve been told repeatedly. I gave up trying to change people’s mind and just look for opportunities to test whether I have the actual facts or not.

big_g
    Isle, MN

That’s all any of us can do… that want to be informed truthfully ! waytogo

Just last week, the media and Whitehouse spokespeople, were touting the great mental and physical shape of our President… coffee

picklerick
    Central WI

Yep, and Bill Clinton totally “…did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.”

CaptainMusky

Yep, and Bill Clinton totally “…did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.”

OMG now that made my day!

FryDog62

Dr. Pierre Kory is as close to an expert on these things that you can find and worth reading up on as it relates to Ivermectin.

People forget that Ivermectin won the Nobel Prize as a breakthrough medicine. And virtually no side effects and inexpensive. It was well-respected before all the political drama made it polarizing.

Does it work for everyone, I don’t think so, but maybe for most or at least many. It took away my wife’s long term Covid symptoms and her remaining (extensive) Lyme Disease symptoms of 4 years. My son, who has had systemic Lyme for 5 years took it. Did it help, maybe but not much. Was it worth trying and basically risk free, absolutely. I’d recommend it to anyone struggling with Covid, Lyme or other parasitic illnesses. You have nothing to lose, except maybe some ego if your media outlet told you it was evil..

CaptainMusky

Frydog, that is exactly what I have found. Its pretty much harmless so all the talk about horse dewormer was unfounded. All they wanted to do was force people to get the “vaccines”. The inventor of the technology Robert Malone, who was also censored said this technology was never intended for this purpose. It was intended to fight cancer but was extremely experimental.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

If you want to try Ivermectin, get it prescribed by an MD. Don’t go out to a farm supply store and start taking the livestock version. That dosaging is not intended for people. If the MD thinks it will help you, they’ll prescribe it to you.

The livestock version will do much more harm than good. Leave that one for the horses.

CaptainMusky

Gim no one in their right mind would go to fleet farm and get it.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gim no one in their right mind would go to fleet farm and get it.

Oh I think you might be surprised. Some not very bright people out there that could easily get misinformed.

Reef W

here is one… ivermectin

Funded by Beximco Pharmaceutical Limited, a generic manufacturer who sells a version of ivermectin called ivera. Seems like something you’d be skeptical of but let’s check it out.

Three groups of people hospitalized with covid:
    – 23 got placebo
    – 23 got ivermectin + doxycycline
    – 22 got ivermectin

So mean duration to viral clearance was lower in the ivermectin group than in the other two groups is the main finding. How does doxycycline apparently make ivermectin not work? What does viral clearance do?

Maybe make the symptoms better?

Of note, these changes were not statistically significant for fever (p = 0.35 and p = 0.09), cough (p = 0.18 and p = 0.23), or sore throat (p = 0.35 and p = 0.09) in the ivermectin + doxycycline and the 5-day ivermectin groups when compared with placebo.

Does it get them out of the hospital faster?

The mean duration of hospitalization after treatment was 9.7 days (95% confidence interval (CI) 8.1–11.0 days) in the placebo group, 10.1 days (95% CI 8.5–11.8 days) in the ivermectin + doxycycline group, and 9.6 days (95% CI 7.7–11.7 days) in the ivermectin alone group (p = 0.93)

9.6 days average hospitalization for ivermectin vs 9.7 days for placebo group…. The people in placebo group were hospitalized for 8.1–11.0 days and at least one in both ivermectin groups were hospitalized longer. With just ivermectin they were hospitalized 7.7–11.7 days.

So you’ll have the same symptoms and you might get out half a day earlier, be hospitalized the same, or stay longer because it 100% works roll

Netguy
    Minnetonka

From this “Ivermectin” paper.

“Two hundred eighty patients, 173 treated with ivermectin and 107 without ivermectin, were reviewed. Most patients in both groups also received hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, or both.”
    Maybe the hydroxychloroquine or azithromycin or the combo of all drugs reulted in the slight benefit.

“Interpretation
    Our study has several limitations. Because of the retrospective observational nature of the study, despite adjustment for known confounders and propensity score matching, we cannot exclude the possibility of unmeasured confounding factors. Although more of the control group was enrolled in the first weeks of the study, suggesting the possibility of timing bias, this may be offset by preferential treatment of more severe patients with ivermectin early in the study because of low initial availability. We also did not find consistently different mortality outcomes with time over the short duration of this study. We also did not find evidence of immortal time bias, because only one of the control patients died fewer than 5 days from admission, the average time from admission to death was 11 days, and the vast majority of patients received ivermectin in 2 days or fewer. If we omit the patient with potential immortal time from the analysis, the mortality difference remains significant in both unmatched (15.0% vs 24.5% for ivermectin and usual care, respectively; P < .05) and matched (12.4% vs 25.0% for ivermectin and usual care, respectively; P < .03) cohorts. Most of the studied patients received hydroxychloroquine with or without azithromycin, and we are unable to determine whether these medications had an added benefit or whether mortality would have been better in both groups without these agents.
    We showed that ivermectin administration was associated significantly with lower mortality among patients with COVID-19, particularly in patients with more severe pulmonary involvement. Interpretation of these findings are tempered by the limitations of the retrospective design and the possibility of confounding. Appropriate dosing for this indication is not known, nor are the effects of ivermectin on viral load or in patients with milder disease. Further studies in appropriately designed randomized trials are recommended before any conclusions can be made.”

They admit the study had limitations and “Further studies in appropriately designed randomized trials are recommended before any conclusions can be made.”

jwellsy

I’m glad to see that covid still has a 99.9% survival rate.

Unfortunately, the plandemic excuse to install voter fraud drop boxes still persists.

blackbay
    mn

What doesn’t make sense to me is why there where lower Covid deaths in Africa compared to North America. Given the high rates of Aids, poorer heath care systems, undernourishment ect you’d think that half the population would have been dead. Then again many people are on Ivermectin and/or hydrochloride. I guess you needed to be on those drugs early. ;-)

jwellsy

Africa doesn’t trust Bill Gates and his vaccines after what he did to them with his polio vaccine. I think he’s been banned from most of the countries on that continent.
    vaccine map

wkw

Just logged in and I can’t believe we’re still arguing about this.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.