It’s still around – Covid that is.

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I have not heard a lot about Covid lately. In the last few weeks several of my customers had it. Late last week my wife was feeling rather ill. Since we had several free at home covid test I told her to take one. Sure enough – she came back as positive. She struggled rather hard with it for 4-5 days. She had the cough, the sore throat, and the fever and chills. She just started to feel better on Tues. As expected on Tues. I started to not feel real well. By Wed. afternoon I was feeling really rough. Took the test and sure enough – Positive. Crawled into bed and sleep for over 3 hr’s. Woke up feeling a little better. Had a rather tough night last night, Not sure because of the long nap or because of the sinus issue. I have the sore throat, a bad ear ache, and the start of a cough. but the worst part is the headache. This morning I called into the DR. office to see about doing one of those Virtual appointments. They said to skip that. They ended up asking me a few questions and because of several factors ( For once being overweight is a good thing ) they said I qualify for the Plaxovid medicine. I’m going to pick it up here shortly and give it a shot. I know I could have just struggled with it for a few days, but I figured if there was something that would shorten the time I was ill or lessened the severity of the illness why not. I have several plans for the weekend and did not want to spend it laying in bed at home. Only some many weekends in a Minnesota after all. I give you a update on how the medicine worked.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Not covid related, but my family had a coughing bug go through our household the past month+. It took me 3 full weeks to get through it (just coughing up yellow gunk all day & night to the point that my core muscles were super sore)…We burned through a bunch of extra covid tests we had around, all were negative…

There’s definitely some bugs floating around (covid and others)

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Cases have risen down south again mostly because people are indoors more being that its nasty hot/humid and much of the country is trapped under a sweltering heat dome. People looking for air conditioning and in close proximity is a recipe to spread viruses. Basically what tends to occur here in the winter.

Hope the paxlovid helps. Not any fun being sick.

CaptainMusky

Yeah COVID will never be gone and I’ve heard good things about paxlovid.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Not covid related, but my family had a coughing bug go through our household the past month+. It took me 3 full weeks to get through it (just coughing up yellow gunk all day & night to the point that my core muscles were super sore)…We burned through a bunch of extra covid tests we had around, all were negative…

There’s definitely some bugs floating around (covid and others)

Ya I’m not totally sure all my issues are Covid related or not. Thought I’d start with the covid med. to see if that helps. If not its into the urgent care I go. I had thought after talking with my primary Dr. they would give me some antibiotics as well as the covid meds. The Dr. felt the covid meds would take care of it. Hope he is correct

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I’ve heard good things about paxlovid.

Sure hope it works. Anything that shortens or lessens this will be a blessing. Starting to feel rougher every Hour.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Well here is a interesting twist. Got a call from the pharmacy saying the plaxovid was ready for pickup. Told my cost was 380.00. Called to confirm and they said it was correct. The total cost was over 2,000. I told them they could put it back on the shelf. Got a call a short time later and they said they thought they could do something about the cost. Said I’d get a email and to fill out the Info. Before I got the email got another call and they said they found a coupon that makes my Cost 0. Not sure how that all worked, but I’m fine with it I guess.

TillrLife
    Cold Spring, MN

I still find this virus quite amazing.

One person will feel like absolute ass, another doesn’t even know the virus is attempting to attack their system. Then everything between.

It’s not(or very few) like there are people out there that are flat out immune to the common cold or something more significant like HIV.

My wife has tested positive maybe 6 times, each time it was similar but slightly different. I have never tested myself, but I have never had any symptoms. And I have never changed how I live my life around her when she was sick. Just shows you truly how amazing the human body is and even though we are the same, we are all extremely different.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I still find this virus quite amazing.
    One person will feel like absolute ass, another doesn’t even know the virus is attempting to attack their system. Then everything between.

It sure is crazy poop for sure. This is my 3rd time testing positive. 1 of the times I felt just a little off for a day or 2. 1 Time I was hit hard by it. This time the outcome is still unknown, but its starting off rather bad.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

One of the differences now for me about covid is if I see someone in public with a mask I assume THEY are sick, either physically or mentally. Sorry your sick. I sure hope I dont get sick this summer.
    I usually only get sick about once every two years. Sometimes years in a row. I had “something” the last two years and its always been during the winter.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Well here is a interesting twist. Got a call from the pharmacy saying the plaxovid was ready for pickup. Told my cost was 380.00. Called to confirm and they said it was correct. The total cost was over 2,000. I told them they could put it back on the shelf. Got a call a short time later and they said they thought they could do something about the cost. Said I’d get a email and to fill out the Info. Before I got the email got another call and they said they found a coupon that makes my Cost 0. Not sure how that all worked, but I’m fine with it I guess.

They weighed their options… $0 or $1620 from your insurer. crazy

CaptainMusky

FT they would have gladly taken your 380 and ran. That is how corrupt this whole thing has been from the start. I hope you feel better soon, but once they really start digging in and they are already to all the shadiness around this treatment there will be some heads rolling hopefully. Its sad but the entire health care industry is corrupt. I have read about Dr’s making hundreds of thousands of dollars in kickbacks just because they prescribed certain meds. There shouldnt be any of that crap going on. Treat the patient with a med that works not what you are bribed to use.

Reef W

I finally got it in March and took Paxlovid. Never had it before so no idea if it helped or not but I can say that illness wasn’t bad at all, nothing like the couple times my wife has gotten it previously. The weight component for prescribing it is a BMI over 25 so just tell them a weight that meets that and anyone can get it whether they have other risk factors or not whistling

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

The guy next door felt crummy, tested positive, and they prescribed Plaxovid. After taking that Plexovid he ended up in the hospital for two weeks with severe side effects.

Like somebody said earlier, everybody gets affected differently by this stuff.

SR

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Must be skipping all them booster shots, or are those a thing of the past after they made billions

mojogunter

Are they still offering boosters? I think that the government is no longer covering the cost coupled with the variants are not nearly as dangerous as the first round, the boosters are not pushed like they once were. I got covid one time last July and one day I felt like crap, and then it passed pretty quickly.

Must be skipping all them booster shots, or are those a thing of the past after they made billions

LabDaddy1

Well it IS getting close to election time smash whistling coffee devil

Why does everything have to turn political! chased

Reef W

Are they still offering boosters? I think that the government is no longer covering the cost coupled with the variants are not nearly as dangerous as the first round, the boosters are not pushed like they once were.

They put the 5G DNA editing nanobots in the paxlovid now…

But, yeah, you can get boosters anywhere. Feds paying ended in December 2023, now it’s a bunch of different programs and insurance.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

now it’s a bunch of different programs and insurance

My understanding is that you can basically get it at no cost just like an influenza one now through your health insurance. Its only recommended for people over the age of 50 or if you have pre-existing health conditions.

FryDog62

I had a couple family members that took Paxlovid and it may or may not have helped… but for two of them all the covid symptoms came back about 10 days later. One went on to Ivermectin and wiped it right out. My wife had lingering covid symptoms last January and also went on Ivermectin and was almost 100% recovery within 2 days. It also wiped out her lingering Lyme Disease symptoms of nearly 4 years.

Too bad Ivermectin got politicized, and I don’t think it works for everyone, but for those it does, it’s pretty remarkable.

Reef W

My understanding is that you can basically get it at no cost just like an influenza one now through your health insurance. Its only recommended for people over the age of 50 or if you have pre-existing health conditions.

Yeah, vaccine is probably still “free” for just about everybody.

Not sure about the over 50 thing, I think you’re thinking of paxlovid maybe. CDC still says everyone should get vaccinated: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

There is a certain group hoping that the government gets involved again. They are short $120,000 and need a quick way to recover it. smirk

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I’ve heard from people who took paxlovid and it sounds like the cure was worse than the disease.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Not sure about the over 50 thing, I think you’re thinking of paxlovid maybe

Ya you’re right I was thinking of paxlovid.

Paxlovid doesn’t have a great success rate in the clinical trials. It was effective in just over 60% of them. I think it has to be taken within 24 hours of symptoms to be that effective too.

mrpike1973

I got covid the first time around never got my smell back I do mean nothing. Been years now.

CaptainMusky

Frydog don’t bring up the dreaded horse dewormer! LOL I have over a dozen of my wife’s family members who were able to get it in Texas and they were better and symptom free within 2 days. Media won’t tell you that however.

B-man

Fishthumper are you or your wife vaccinated?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

As long as there is $$$ to be made it will ” be around”.
    So, 15, $1600 to be made for a 40 cent pill…
    Probly be major outbreaks in like 4 months then eh?

blackbay
    mn

I’ve heard from people who took paxlovid and it sounds like the cure was worse than the disease.

I’ve taken it a few times. The worst thing was the gawd awful taste it caused in my mouth.

Jason

You won’t get diagnosed if you don’t get tested for it. At this stage of the game I would prefer not to provide the government any more info…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 86 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.