It’s an addiction

• deertracker

For those that have cellular trail cameras. How many times a day do you check the app? I’m probably good for 75 times a day. doah Especially during prime times when it’s every 5 minutes.
    DT

LabDaddy1

I guess I’m DQ’d because I don’t have one, but I check it zero times per day. Seems invasive and Lame as f to use trail cams, at least for hunting/scouting purposes. It’s right up there with livescope in my highly unprofessional opinion yay

bigstorm
    Southern WI

I use them on my property just to see an any trespassers come thru, getting the wildlife is a bonus.

I have 3 cell cameras and they all send me an alert on my phone anytime one takes a picture. As soon as I see/hear the alert, I take a look to see what it was.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I pulled a handful of my cameras out of the woods the other day to recharge my lithium batteries. I haven’t had any motivation to put them back out. Might not this season actually, get the surprise back in the game

JEREMY
    BP

Only camera I have out this year is on my garden and it has a million pictures of me mowing the lawn on it.

TH

I use them on my property just to see an any trespassers come thru, getting the wildlife is a bonus.

I have 3 cell cameras and they all send me an alert on my phone anytime one takes a picture. As soon as I see/hear the alert, I take a look to see what it was.

That’s exactly what I do. I enjoy watching wildlife in my yard when I’m not there.

Reef W

I definitely would check constantly if I had cell ones. I like going to copy all the cards in person and sit down to see what I got though so I haven’t upgraded yet.

I don’t have a problem with trespassers and anybody would be on at least a couple of cell cams the neighbors have on road to get to my place. Only person that’s ever been caught on my cams is a DNR officer who actually pulled my card and deleted stills of himself but missed the video, also had his truck on neighbors cam flame

Don Meier
    Butternut Wisconsin

I have Tactacam Reveals . Really nice to not constantly be disturbing the area . Convenience is is the greatest feature i like about them , plus not contaminating the area with my scent .

mark Mason

What is the general cost for a cell camera and the monthly fees?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

12 bucks for tactacams

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Depends on how many pictures they can send. I have Tactcam Reveals as well and I pay $5/mo for up to 250 pictures (times 3 since I have 3 of them)

If for any reason I exceed the total of 750 pictures, I have it set up to charge me another $5 for another 250 pictures. It has only happened 1 time and it was due to a setting I had changed on the sensitivity. If you notice it start to take pictures of nothing quite often, just change the delay to 1 picture per hour or even up to 1 per day until you have a chance to get your camera back and change settings or where it is mounted

deertracker

until you have a chance to get your camera back and change settings or where it is mounted

You can change the settings in the app as well. Just might take until your next check in to change.
    DT

Jake D
    Watertown, SD

I run 5 cell cams. 2 Tactacams, 2 browings, 1 bushnell. I get instantly notified when they go off so im not checking the app all day i guess

deertracker

I run 5 cell cams. 2 Tactacams, 2 browings, 1 bushnell. I get instantly notified when they go off so im not checking the app all day i guess

I have all app notifications off on my phone. That’s the only reason I check it so much.
    DT

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I have two that have been sitting in the woods for a while now dead, just haven’t had the time to run and change batteries. Not really bothering me though as I have a good idea of what’s around from last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.