Is TUCR behind on filling custom orders?

• S LeClerc
    NECT

Seems my RODS I ordered are not going to make it before the end of my season.
    Are they behind on filling Custom orders?

Coletrain27

There website says expect 4-5 weeks for custom orders

S LeClerc
    NECT

So that is a set time no matter how many orders they get?

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Have you checked with them?

Coletrain27

No idea, call and ask them instead of people on the internet doah

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>S LeClerc wrote:</div>

No idea, call and ask them instead of people on the internet doah

X2

I found them really good to work with on everything regarding the orders.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Yeah I’d assume 1 phone call would eliminate this post

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

but it’s a weekend..

Ryan Wilson

Seems my RODS I ordered are not going to make it before the end of my season.
    Are they behind on filling Custom orders?

When did you order? I don’t place custom orders past November 1st. My first order (I own 5) 5 years ago took 6 1/2 weeks.

Remember, it’s peak ice fishing time. Coupled with an influx of Americans with extra expendable cash, I’m sure TUCR is working nonstop to fulfill orders. Try contacting them.

IceHawk
    Richmond mn

Remember, it’s peak ice fishing time. Coupled with an influx of Americans with extra expendable cash, I’m sure TUCR is working nonstop to fulfill orders. Try contacting them.
    [/quote]

Spot on I get all my customs made at Thorne bros by Lonnie. When I do its early summer, early fall so as to have them in hand by first ice. TUC is one of the bigger named custom rod company’s with a good reputation. So they obviously have many followers and orders to get filled plus most of there standard inventory is sold out pretty much all over. There are some smaller named custom rod companies with some high quality rods that may be able to turn out a custom rod a little faster. Plus many of these small time builders deserve a chance to show there talents. I know I’m looking at giving a few a try next season! Another tid-bit with the overload of people out fishing this winter I’m sure the demand was out of the roof for TUC this year. I totally agree give them a polite call and chance to answer your question.

Nick

Spot on I get all my customs made at Thorne bros by Lonnie. When I do its early summer, early fall so as to have them in hand by first ice. TUC is one of the bigger named custom rod company’s with a good reputation. So they obviously have many followers and orders to get filled plus most of there standard inventory is sold out pretty much all over. There are some smaller named custom rod companies with some high quality rods that may be able to turn out a custom rod a little faster. Plus many of these small time builders deserve a chance to show there talents. I know I’m looking at giving a few a try next season! Another tid-bit with the overload of people out fishing this winter I’m sure the demand was out of the roof for TUC this year. I totally agree give them a polite call and chance to answer your question.
    [/quote]
    I have been using a small business and it’s one guy making the rods. I will be ordering a walleye rod from him for next ice season. The two rods I have from him now are a huge reason for my success on the lake. I am able to detect up bites on 3 mm jigs and most guys don’t even know they got bit. My favorite thing to do is when I am fishing is talk to people to see what is working for them.

milemark_714

Good luck finding anything ice related now,but an order is an order,so yours should be fulfilled as said.Just check on the queue/status.They seem to be good in that respect.

We are right within the 4-5 week order time frame for custom orders. So orders from the first week of January are just finishing up and shipping this week.
    TUCR

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

We are right within the 4-5 week order time frame for custom orders. So orders from the first week of January are just finishing up and shipping this week.
    TUCR

I’m sure others are glad you posted this response.
    TUCR are great to work with and I love your rods.

S LeClerc
    NECT

Sorry for offending some users on here. I was just wondering like someone posted about the Stimulus Money and was wondering if they got hammered with orders.
    TY TUCR for answering.
    You can close this thread I will just go back to reading for now on.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

No one was offended. There just seems to be a trend these days to pose a question that could be easily answered straight from the horse’s mouth. If you have a direct question for a business, call or email them.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

No one was offended. There just seems to be a trend these days to pose a question that could be easily answered straight from the horse’s mouth. If you have a direct question for a business, call or email them.

I agree. As I meant no disrespect. Just 1 phone call keeps a business from looking bad to others when its a simple solution.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Just 1 phone call keeps a business from looking bad to others when its a simple solution.

Exactly.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

[/quote]

Right on!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

And I get nerves when my customers have to wait 2 or 3 weeks, Right now I am caught up and have a week turnaround LOL

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

And I get nerves when my customers have to wait 2 or 3 weeks, Right now I am caught up and have a week turnaround LOL

Good i need another walleye rod.

tucrs
    NW Metro

We are working around the same lead time 4-5 weeks. It does go down at the end of the season and we try to work work people as much as we can to make due dates.

As for working on the weekends. I answer a lot of emails on the weekends especially this the time of year!

Thank you for your support of us!

John

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Whether you have to wait 4-5 weeks during the season or order late summer early fall, these rods are worth the wait. I make sure I order rods from TUCR late summer if I am getting a new one to avoid not being able to use it during the season. These guys get hammered with orders all season long and they do a lot of color customizations, decals, and personalizations as well so it’s not just grab one off the shelf and throw it in a box to be shipped. John works his tail off and it’s still not his full time job! That’s what I can’t believe!

Geerdes
    Brandon, SD 57005

but it’s a weekend..

The first rods I ordered were the day before Thanksgiving quite a few years back. Jon, I believe, actually called me on Thanksgiving day to answer a question I put in with my order. I really like having them at local shops. I no longer order custom rods.

TOM

Whether you have to wait 4-5 weeks during the season or order late summer early fall, these rods are worth the wait. I make sure I order rods from TUCR late summer if I am getting a new one to avoid not being able to use it during the season. These guys get hammered with orders all season long and they do a lot of color customizations, decals, and personalizations as well so it’s not just grab one off the shelf and throw it in a box to be shipped. John works his tail off and it’s still not his full time job! That’s what I can’t believe!

X2, I got a custom spiral wrapped Bullwhip done for this season personally wrapped by John and am really enjoying it. Top notch quality,communication, and customer service. Definitely worth the wait!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.