Is it wise to buy a helix 9 di gsp to link with the I pilot trolling motor?

What is the advantage and is it worth it to buy a Helix 9 or 10 DI Gsp sonar to link with my I pilot trolling motor?

muskie-tim
    Rush City MN

Emmett, I have an 859 DI linked with iPilot and love it. As a muskie fisherman the ability to follow contours alone is worth it for me. If the fish are relating to certain depth I can follow the contour with an offset and cast right to the proper depth. So if the fish are relating to 8 ft I can stay 50 ft off the 8 foot contour and cast to where the fish are without running the boat over them. The trolling motor takes care of steering, I can concentrate on fishing.

Others really like to use way-points and link them together to troll along. For instance the walleyes are hanging in 12 foot at a specific area on the contour you can set a couple way-points and work back and forth between them.

Have not used this with a Helix but it should work the same.

David Blais

I love my helix 10 with ipilot. It drives the boat for you and gives you more time to fish. Plus speed control. Keep in mind, you’ll also need to buy the lake master trip, roughly $150. I choose the 10 over the 9, the overall size is exactly the same, the screen is just bigger. That extra inch, makes the difference whistling

Ryan Hughes

I love my helix 10 with ipilot. It drives the boat for you and gives you more time to fish. Plus speed control. Keep in mind, you’ll also need to buy the lake master trip, roughly $150. I choose the 10 over the 9, the overall size is exactly the same, the screen is just bigger. That extra inch, makes the difference whistling

+1 I did the same thing and you get the HD transducer with the 10

Ron
    Victoria, mn

The US2 built-in transducer in MinnKota motors is 2d sonar only. It will not give you DI images. If you’re planning on using the US2 transducer, just get the sonar gps model and save yourself some money.

http://www.humminbird.com/Products/HELIX-9-SONAR-GPS/

Jimmy
    Maplewood

I have 2 helix 9’s linked together and linked to my ulterra link and love it. You can do everything from the humminbird to control your motor.

Do the helix 9 and 10 have to be matched to a specific I Pilot trolling motor. My dealer does not want to order a helix without knowing if there is a difference from one I Pilot to the next. Thanks!~

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Do the helix 9 and 10 have to be matched to a specific I Pilot trolling motor. My dealer does not want to order a helix without knowing if there is a difference from one I Pilot to the next. Thanks!~

It just has to be an iPilot link model.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.