IonX Auger Bit

• Mike Endres

Is Ion replaceing the whole auger bit or just the black ring for the icing problem?

bigstorm
    Southern WI

They are sending a whole new bit

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I am going through that process as well. I just sent my serial and mod number and such. I am guessing there is shipping info coming (assuming) but what packing/box did you use to send the whole auger bit back? Did they send you a box or do I have to come up with something? Thanks, Mark

bigstorm
    Southern WI

Luckily I still had the box from when I bought it in November, otherwise you would need to come up with something. They just emailed the shipping label so there is no charges

Mike Endres

Mark
    They will send you an email with shipping info and a shipping label that you print out.I had to make my own box out of a very large box that i cut down

jtstarvinmarvin
    Woodbury, MN

I haven’t had this happen to mine yet, but wanted to be proactive about it.

I was told, “It was a sporadic few that had this issue due to the finishing paint. Not all augers were affected by this. If you do however encounter this please let us know.”

Mine does look to be flat black though and not high gloss. I’ve only used it in temps down to about 15F. I guess I just need to get out there when it’s real cold and see if it happens…?? Seems like they should be able to tell off my serial number though and I shouldn’t have to wait for it to ice up.

I bought mine mid Dec. It’s been an awesome auger though so far!

fishhuntguy

I threw my box away. UPS Store today wanted $17 for a box so I said ya right and did a little dumpster diving in town. Found an almost perfect box for it and the price was right! )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.