InLine Fuse Help Trolling Motor

• WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Trying to find a (8) Gauge 30 AMP Inline fuse for my trolling motor battery been looking all over.

Attachments:
    1. Inline-fuse.jpg

Francis K
    Champlin, MN

That should be very common at any auto parts store or Mills Fleet Farm. I found on Amazon also.

Amazon

O’Reilly

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Look at the car audio inline amp fuse and holders. They have worked great for me.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Thank You Gentleman,

Francis K, Right idea on the fuse holder but fuses are too big looking at the fuses that Lund uses in there panel they are bit smaller Like a auto.
    Tuma, I will take a look at these and will research them.

Thanks again

404 ERROR
    MN

What Tuma said. I have dozens of them from misc. car audio ventures, too bad you aren’t near the South Metro…I’ve got a bunch of different styles from 30 to 250amp.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I like circuit breakers over in line. Something about wiring directly to a terminal seems more safe. Cost more is thing though. Either way be sure to hook up close to the battery.

basseyes

I like circuit breakers over in line. Something about wiring directly to a terminal seems more safe. Cost more is thing though. Either way be sure to hook up close to the battery.

X2

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Thank You Gentleman,

Francis K, Right idea on the fuse holder but fuses are too big looking at the fuses that Lund uses in there panel they are bit smaller Like a auto.
    Tuma, I will take a look at these and will research them.

Thanks again

WeFish, are you sure you’re looking for the right product? I don’t think I’ve ever seen Lund put the trolling motor fuse in a panel, it’s usually a breaker in the TM battery compartment.
    Also, 30 amp is pretty small for a trolling motor. How did you arrive at that amp rating?

HRG

mwal
    Rosemount,MN

We need to know what trolling motor your using. Most Terrovas etc recommend 60 amp breaker. Also how many feet of wire to the trolling motor plug in? Minnkota has a chart most of their motors require 50 to 60 amp breakers and 6 ga wiring if wire exceeds 20 ft from battery to termination/plugin. the document on Minnkotas site is called condutor-gauge-and-circuit-table_9-11-14.pdf. A boat dealer mounted my first terrova with 8 ga 30 amp inline fuse and it blew continuously and wires were hot. I then read the manual and changed to 6 ga and minnkota brand 60 amp breaker and never tripped it in the 4 years I ran it. On my current boat I had them rig 6 ga and 60 amp breaker and it has never tripped going 6 years of use. if you have 16 to 18 foot boat and batteries in the back you are really close or over 20 ft of wire due to routing of wires around things etc.

Mwal

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Gentleman,
    This is what I have in the boat 24 volt two batteries for just the Minn Kota Genesis 2003 (yes) a 2003 Genesis trolling motor, 2003 Lund Pro Angler 16 was bran new picture below a glass tube fuse setup 8 Gauge wire 30AMP fuse on both batteries the fuse holder is old and showing ware just want to replace with something better.Note I am lucky to have between 3′ and 4′ of 8 gauge wire batterie to plug end

Attachments:
    1. 20180712_2048421126.jpg

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.