I'm old enough to remember when……….

• primitive
    Davenport, Iowa

When I was a kid we would go to main street on Saturday night and stand on the sidewalk and watch Saturday night wrestling through the front window of the Tv and radio store. Big crowd every time. Tv was mind blowing back then.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

When I was a kid we would go to main street on Saturday night and stand on the sidewalk and watch Saturday night wrestling through the front window of the Tv and radio store. Big crowd every time. Tv was mind blowing back then.

There boys & girls……I think we have a winner! applause

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Before the original Dooleys bar was built in SE Rochester a nice drive-in theater was located in that spot. There was a huge sandstone bluff right behind the theater lot and we’d crawl up there with a cooler of beer and watch the movies for free. Not much for sound, but the view was something else. And that cold beer sure tasted good even though we were five of six years away from being legal.

RobertHoover
    Michigan, lake st.clair

we use to get good ice in southern michigan !!

bigpike

Leave it to Beaver reruns and Saturday morning Scooby Doo.

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Before the original Dooleys bar was built in SE Rochester a nice drive-in theater was located in that spot. There was a huge sandstone bluff right behind the theater lot and we’d crawl up there with a cooler of beer and watch the movies for free. Not much for sound, but the view was something else. And that cold beer sure tasted good even though we were five of six years away fro being legal.

Tom of course being from Rochester i was going into that theater also. We would sneak people in by hiding them in the trunk of the car an laying on the floor in the backseat. Sometimes we would wait for the movie to start then drive in the exit. Lots of great memories there! Like taking your girlfriend to the movie alone in your own car an NOT
    really knowing what the movie was all about.? Wink Wink. To say nothing about all the beer an booze we drank in there. When 3 or 4 car loads would go there an all park together. Party time.!! I believe we were only kicked out twice.? Tons of fun back i those days!

Tony B. (fivebyfive)
    Southeast Michigan

I remember when:

1. Had to find a pay phone to call home to Mom
    2. listening to Paul Harvey everyday
    3. MTV played music videos
    4. the world was normal

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Lots of great memories there! Like taking your girlfriend to the movie alone in your own car an NOT really knowing what the movie was all about.? Wink Wink. To say nothing about all the beer an booze we drank in there.

WHATTTTT? There goes the pristine image I had of you big guy! Alone in the car with a girl? Beer in there? Booze? Damn man, I thought you were one of those angelic prissies.

Viewing 8 posts - 91 through 98 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.