Ifish pro rod

• Ryan Malo

I’ve had 2 ifish pros now for a year now and haven’t found a rod I like to put in it for walleye. I do a lot of fishing on Mille Lacs and was hoping anyone had suggestions on what rod to use with a soft tip but also a ton of backbone.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

TUCR Deadstick is what I use. Very nice soft tip and plenty of backbone. Caught a 26 and 27 inch walleye this year on it and also several 30+ inch pike. Handles like a champ.

Bass Thumb
    Royalton, MN

A longer version of the TUCR Commander is one of my favorite rods for the IFP on ML. The last season and a half, I’ve been using the Thorne Brothers 36″ Deadstick instead. It has a soft tip and a moderately-stiff backbone. I only want to carry one rod rigged for live bait, and the Deadstick also gets used as a standard deadstick: free-lining minnows and using the rod tip as a strike indicator.

I also have a 36″ MH St Croix Premier that works just fine. I personally don’t think it’s necessary to break the bank on a rod used for an IFP.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I use a 36″ Haat rod ML for my set line rod. Works well with a soft tip and plenty of backbone. I’d agree that you don’t need to break the bank for a set line application

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.