If you are using the Navionics Mobile app for ice fishing and have questions…

• KirtH
    Lakeville

I am using the phone I downloaded both apps with. About the time my subscription ended I checked the app again and my waypoints were all gone. Like you said my other app has its waypoints on it still after it expired. Is there a way to recover them if it is on the phone or did I delete all of the points somehow in my memory? I never did sync my phone.

I am only using only one device I wasn’t clear earlier when I asked if the two apps sync on the same device and share waypoints on the same lake because I do have some of my other waypoints on my US Canada app still?

My other issue was today when I was going through the syncing steps I saw the restore purchase and upgrades and I did it on my US Canada one and now I can only get 3ft increments instead of 1ft increments on the map. I can’t find how to change it to 1ft.

Thanks for listening and trying multiple times with me today.

Ted shoot me call check your pm.

Ted I think I am following you here now, so you have 2 apps on the same phone US and US & Canada. That maybe an issue if this is correct. Give me call, I may end sending you to the Navionics help.

I don’t believe you can have 2 apps on the same device. I wish I had your phone in front of me it would be easier.

Northlander
    Duluth, Mn/Superior,Wi.

why cant I zoom in as far asI used to be able too on my US/Canada version? Droid turbo phone.

KirtH
    Lakeville

why cant I zoom in as far asI used to be able too on my US/Canada version? Droid turbo phone.

How far can you zoom in to now and before? I can .04 of a mile on my Droid

muskeye
    Duluth, Mn

I recently got a new phone. Do I have to purchase the app again on my new phone?

KirtH
    Lakeville

I recently got a new phone. Do I have to purchase the app again on my new phone?

No if it is the same phone such as a Android and your new phone is an Android and your have purchased a paid version of the app within a year of purchase just go to Google Play and reinstall the app and it will be good to go. And the same with Apple

KirtH
    Lakeville

If you have purchased the Navionics app and upgraded phones or lost you app you can restore purchase of your app by tapping on this icon in your respective app store. But it has to be the Android to Android or Apple to Apple.

Attachments:
    1. Restore-Purchase.png

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Downloaded some lake maps and used the GPS feature well outside of cell service on the Canadian border this weekend. Very impressive feature when you are out of cell service.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Does anyone know of any good apps that allow you to download areas to use in the same fashion for hunting?

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Out of curiosity how memory heavy are the downloaded maps? What if I wanted to free space on my iPhone. Is there a way to delete a downloaded map?

Thx
    – B

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Out of curiosity how memory heavy are the downloaded maps? What if I wanted to free space on my iPhone. Is there a way to delete a downloaded map?

Thx
    – B

You cannot delete downloaded maps. Here is the link. http://navionics.force.com/kb/pkb_mobile#/articles/en_US/Knowledge_Article/Mobile-Deleting-Downloaded-Maps

I’ve found even large maps to be little more than 1.3 Mb.

Attachments:
    1. image29.jpg

marineman

Regarding the zoom question…

I’m able to zoom in as far as 0.04 miles as well on my S4 using the Boating US & Canada app; it would be nice to be able to zoom in closer when following contour lines trolling / etc.

Another question that I have – is there a “cut off” speed where the app won’t update the position on the map? I’m using an external gps receiver due to poor cell phone coverage on specific lake (and therefore, poor position), and the status screen on the receiver is showing a change in position, but at speeds less than about 0.8 mph the app doesn’t update… any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

glenn-d
    N C Illinois

Anyway to change the “pin” marker ? Would like something maybe a little smaller for an icon. Thanks

onepine
    Elk River

Hi, I’m using the Boating USA App. I am unable to access any satellite overlays. When I click on Satellite it only brings up a grey screen. I can access terrain but the satellite feature seems to be disabled.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Anyway to change the “pin” marker ? Would like something maybe a little smaller for an icon. Thanks

As of right now no, there is a request to change this and add more choices

KirtH
    Lakeville

Hi, I’m using the Boating USA App. I am unable to access any satellite overlays. When I click on Satellite it only brings up a grey screen. I can access terrain but the satellite feature seems to be disabled.

Is this something that just started? Weak phone or wi-fi signal can effect this.

KirtH
    Lakeville

Regarding the zoom question…

I’m able to zoom in as far as 0.04 miles as well on my S4 using the Boating US & Canada app; it would be nice to be able to zoom in closer when following contour lines trolling / etc.

Another question that I have – is there a “cut off” speed where the app won’t update the position on the map? I’m using an external gps receiver due to poor cell phone coverage on specific lake (and therefore, poor position), and the status screen on the receiver is showing a change in position, but at speeds less than about 0.8 mph the app doesn’t update… any thoughts on that?

Thanks!

No .04 of a mile is it. I can let them know there is a request for tighter zoom range. Cant guarantee it will change.

No, it should read at any speed. Lots of variables because of signal strength.

onepine
    Elk River

I had it loaded on a tab 3 and mirrored it to a Note ll but lost the satellite capability. I doesn’t even give me the option to download maps in the menu.

onepine
    Elk River

Both are wifi only the note 11 is running in airplane mode with no cell service.

KirtH
    Lakeville

You have to be connected to a data plan or wifi to download maps

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

If you have purchased the Navionics app and upgraded phones or lost you app you can restore purchase of your app by tapping on this icon in your respective app store. But it has to be the Android to Android or Apple to Apple.

Do I begin by initiating a purchase? I just upgraded to a higher Ver iPhone and my Nav app is not shown.

loonswail
    Ankeny, IA

Got it figured out.

Stephen Graham
    Colo, Iowa

So I have been using the app for a few years now and the one thing that I have not figured out is how to keep the location icon centered when traveling? So basically when on the lake and the icon moves out of view, is there a setting that will allow the screen to continue following instead of manually selecting the icon to recenter? Thanks for the help!

KirtH
    Lakeville

So I have been using the app for a few years now and the one thing that I have not figured out is how to keep the location icon centered when traveling? So basically when on the lake and the icon moves out of view, is there a setting that will allow the screen to continue following instead of manually selecting the icon to recenter? Thanks for the help!

Tap on the Arrow Icon on the lower left and that will recenter on you and travel with you

Attachments:
    1. Course-up-Screenshot_2015-11-17-20-40-10.png

KirtH
    Lakeville

GPS, COMPASS AND COURSE UP
    Tap the GPS button and your current position is centered on the map. Tap GPS again and chart rotation is activated indicating the direction where you are pointing your device. Tap it one time again and the Course Up feature will activate. Course Up keeps your direction of travel pointed to the top of the screen.

Attachments:
    1. Course-up-Screenshot_2015-11-17-20-40-21.png

2. Course-up-Screenshot_2015-11-17-20-40-16.png

3. Course-up-Screenshot_2015-11-17-20-40-101.png

Stephen Graham
    Colo, Iowa

I just gave that a try went for a drive and worked great. Seems I likely got in the bad habit of zooming to location then never re-selecting the icon as you mentioned, and expected it to repopulate on its own when moving. Good to go now thanks again for the help!

KirtH
    Lakeville

I just gave that a try went for a drive and worked great. Seems I likely got in the bad habit of zooming to location then never re-selecting the icon as you mentioned, and expected it to repopulate on its own when moving. Good to go now thanks again for the help!

Now try this to show and record you track

You can find your saved tracks in by tapping on the menu button, then tapping on the arrow to the right of the arrow for the details on the track.

On Apple you can replay it on screen, Android not yet

Attachments:
    1. Create-a-TrackScreenshot_2015-11-02-10-31-52.png

2. Create-a-TrackScreenshot_2015-11-02-10-31-57.png

3. Create-a-TrackScreenshot_2015-11-02-10-32-09.png

4. Create-a-TrackScreenshot_2015-11-02-10-32-49.png

5. Create-a-TrackScreenshot_2015-11-02-10-32-54.png

6. Create-a-TrackScreenshot_2015-11-02-10-33-00.png

AndRo

I haven’t used mine since last season. Now we need to do an annual subscription to download? All of my previously downloaded maps inside Navionics USA are now gone, and when I try to download the map for the lake I am on it says you cannot download maps outside the region you purchased “Buy Navionics+”

Over the last 5 years I have purchased Boating USA & Canada on Android

Then I purchased Boating USA on iTunes because I was told it wasn’t cross platform

Then I purchased Boating USA & Canada on iTunes because I was going to Canada

Now this….?

Long time lurker, first time poster. This has me heated, what a racket.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.