IDO’s Opinion On Custom Tiger Wrapped Rods

• Gone Fishing

Curious on what everyone’s opionion is on Tiger Wrapped fishing rods. Over the last year most of my customers have been requesting tiger wraps over any other type of intricate wrap or weave. I personally like fully closed wraps or weaves over tiger wraps, but that’s just me. What’s your opinion?

Attachments:
    1. 0E0CF765-AE59-4282-8A06-79C7E2451F70.jpeg

2. 07090536-3623-4176-8706-0B8036550A49.jpeg

3. A431B1B6-F0A2-42C1-84C0-229F8C2FF065.jpeg

Gone Fishing

More pics

Attachments:
    1. 10330277-FB31-42E8-8A3F-0E917D2FEF95.jpeg

2. 232CE10F-23D0-45A5-8FC1-89192914CC33.jpeg

3. FB972D6E-76E3-4495-ABF9-FAB7A1B1A9C4.jpeg

Hudson8907
    NULL

I think they look pretty cool. I really like the Purple and Gold wrapped ones

curleytail

Man that’s some sweet thread work. I’m not sure it’s something I’d pay extra for, and depending on the rod I Migjt rather not have the extra thread and epoxy vs just a simple hook keeper wrap.

But in most cases that’s probably negligible and I might just be saying the above because I have no idea how to do that type of wrap and I’m jealous, lol!

Great job on those wraps. They are very artistic.

Tucker

Gone Fishing

Man that’s some sweet thread work. I’m not sure it’s something I’d pay extra for, and depending on the rod I Migjt rather not have the extra thread and epoxy vs just a simple hook keeper wrap.

But in most cases that’s probably negligible and I might just be saying the above because I have no idea how to do that type of wrap and I’m jealous, lol!

Great job on those wraps. They are very artistic.

Tucker

So the tiger wraps do add more weight to the rod. When comparing a tiger wrapped ice rod to a basic wrapped ice rod, theres minimal weight added. However, Tiger Wrapped open water rods weight a lot more than a standard wrapped rod. This thread is NOT intended to promote or to try and sell my rods, I’m looking for only opinions. Since price was mentioned. I don’t charge that much more for a tiger wrapped noodle ice rod than what TUCR charges for there 2 “longer” noodle rod options. Thanks for the feedback and tigers are not that hard to do, but they are time consuming.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

You do some nice work Chris. I don’t know if it is because of the monitor or what, but I don’t like the look of the tiger wrap. I might feel different if I saw it in person.

Gone Fishing

You do some nice work Chris. I don’t know if it is because of the monitor or what, but I don’t like the look of the tiger wrap. I might feel different if I saw it in person.

I have an email started and coming your way later tonight in regards to rod building info and how to get started. Some of the resources I used when starting out are no longer available, or at least I cannot find them, but I’d like to find as many outlets for you to use a get a head start before the two of use sit down and start the hands on learning process. Thanks for the input and I don’t think it’s your monitor. I noticed as soon is I uploaded the pictures they looked horrible posted on the forum. My guess is the picture quality gets dumbed down when uploading to a thread? IDK but I do might agree with you that there are cooler wraps that tiger wraps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.