IDO sighting

• Browndog
    Omaha, NE

Saw the IDO truck and trailer earlier this week with another familiar face. Hope you guys found the same bite that we did, James! Looking forward to this episode!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Well that’s quite the Tease.
    Ya gonna give any hints?

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

eelpout- I would venture to guess the audio will be pretty good on this episode from inside that snobear ;)

Feathers- Seeing James and the crew out doing stuff anyone can/does do is not a bad thing. On these particular bodies of water they are constantly improving and is a thriving fishery.
    It is great to see and hopefully their videos influence others to get into Ice fishing or a dad to take their kid out on a lake where I’m pretty certain Hellen Keller could have caught fish this past week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I have very little time for the people that come to this site, use the information for their gain (in fishing) THEN complain about other people fishing “their” area/lake/river/spot.

I’m still waiting for Winnie to be fished out as I was told would happen when we fished out of Tamarack Lodge in ’07.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Feathers, if you’re referencing the Duluth harbor, I’m pretty sure people knew about Lake Superior before James or Grant fished there

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Yea, and everybody stay away from Pool 2 because that’s my secret spot!

SR

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

James, please stay off Lake Superior. There’s just not enough room for more people out there.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

The James gang does a good job of keeping smaller lakes secret when they fish them on their show. If they are fishing Mille Lacs or Red or Superior they don’t do anything to conceal that fact nor should they

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Jeepers…and from Feathers no less. roll

Too bad James and Will Roseberg “ruined” Mille Lacs. Now there’s thousands of people that fish that lake. eek

AnotherFisherman

IDO does a great job of concealing where they fish when they are on smaller bodies of water. When they are on a major fishery, everyone already knows about the fishery, so why does it matter? I think they handle it perfectly.

Garmin Guy

Wow Feathers, It is hilarious that there are people like you that blame everyone/thing on their lack of success. Its called do your research and find new spots.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

Wow Feathers, It is hilarious that there are people like you that blame everyone/thing on their lack of success. Its called do your research and find new spots.

Bam! Low self esteem from not catching equates to becoming a keyboard cowboy!

Try watching EVERY IDO video, maybe even a few times. Might increase your bite rate & creativity to find your own fish finding and catching abilities.

al-wichman
    SE Wisconsin

I have always thought IDO was one of the best at respecting a body of water in regards to fishing pressure. A smaller body of water they treat it as more of a general instruction show. Showing “classic” patterns and structure and how to approach them. When they are on a body of water that can handle pressure they have no problem sharing where they are. Which in my opinion is part of what I think makes this show so good. They don’t go fishing all these little hidden gems or private lakes like some shows do. I look at it as an instructional show, not a fishing report.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Grant has ruined more bodies of water in the area as well now that he has his own show.

People filming and careless posting on the internet has ruined countless good fishing spots.

Tell me more about “YOUR” fish… doah doah doah

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

C’mon guys. This post was not meant to turn into a pissing match about where the guys are or which body of water they are fishing. Regardless if you fish the same body of water or not, their motto is “the hottest bites in fresh water” and that’s what they deliver (and will this next episode). We heard from our connections that there was a hot bite so we made the drive, same as James and the crew.

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>moustachesteve wrote:</div>
    Feathers, if you’re referencing the Duluth harbor, I’m pretty sure people knew about Lake Superior before James or Grant fished there

The harbor is not Lake Superior. People that aren’t from the area commonly get confused by that.

Lol born in Duluth and raised in Proctor. Go rails!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I seen IDO also when I typed “fishing forums” in Google does that count?

bigpike

I love using the “stay off my lake” tactic. Lake Superior and any of the many tributaries that flow into and out of it is a pretty ballsy call out for that one though lol….now if any of you sob’s start fishing Nipigon its go time. Stay off my lake!!

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Anyways I’m heading north to go fishing so I’m out. Have a good weekend folks.

Are you heading to the harbor? Oh! Dang it….I mean…secret spot?
    Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ve been hammering them On this little Lake by the cabin.
    (I don’t want to disclose the location though)
    Flag up, I gotta go! No really I gotta go.

Attachments:
    1. 20191220_152413.jpg

tswoboda

Kudos to James and the crew as IDO is the best at protecting the bodies of water they fish. They do everything right… no lake name, vague geographic description, no obvious landmarks, etc. But regardless of how small or remote the body of water, someone will recognize or find the location and it can snowball from there. No question that IDO as a whole is a great ambassador for fishing and conservation. I don’t know how anyone could argue the positive impact they have on the sport.

With that said, if you don’t believe IDO shows bring added to pressure, unsustainable pressure in some cases, to the small lakes they fish… then you clearly have not experience it first hand. Personally I’ve experienced it on 4 different lakes… Lakes I’ve fished for anywhere from 5-15 years before IDO produced a show on it. None of the lakes were named and the region was extremely vague… I only knew the lakes because I either saw them out there, was told they were out there, or could tell from the video. I am 100% certain the “experience” of fishing these lakes was impacted by IDO producing a show there. I’m not saying they were ruined or decimated or people came in droves or whatever, I’m just saying there’s no question it was different after IDO filmed there.

I definitely don’t agree with Feathers’ comments on this post, but I’m just here to offer my personal experience and maybe a different perspective than most commenting here. I’m not talking about Mille Lacs, and Red, and LOTW, etc… I’m talking about the small unnamed lakes and specifically only the ones I’ve fished before and after.

Again, hats off to James and the crew for the effort they put into protecting the resources while promoting the sport. It’s a fine line to walk and they’ve done a better job of finding that balance than anyone else in the industry.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

Sometimes ya just can’t win. doah

B-man

Maybe they should just have a few Olympic sized pools behind the office filled with hungry fish??

That way the guys can show tactics without giving up any spots mrgreen

————

I agree that IDO does a better job at concealing than others ….cough cough (a certain “angling company”)….cough

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

Having a tough time here, is LakeFinder broken? coffee

James, if you could refrain from filming and throw a duck blind over the IDO truck anytime you fish ^^i113 L@c5, devil ’s Lake, Winne6@90, etc we’d really appreciate it.

Attachments:
    1. harbor.png

bigpike

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>bigpike wrote:</div>
    I love using the “stay off my lake” tactic. Lake Superior and any of the many tributaries that flow into and out of it is a pretty ballsy call out for that one though lol….now if any of you sob’s start fishing Nipigon its go time. Stay off my lake!!

The harbor hardly got ice fished before IDO went out there. Ever since they did it has got pounded. Call it ballsy or whatever if you wish but that’s a fact. That’s one of many examples from MN, wi and the Dakotas that I can think of.

For the record I never once said ‘my lake or my fish’.

Film all you want on the big lakes but revealing smaller water hurts fisheries. If you don’t think IDO and other shows have had an impact on fisheries you need to pull your head out of the sand.

Anyways I’m heading north to go fishing so I’m out. Have a good weekend folks.

Just funnin you feathers. Best of luck. I get it, but it’s the world we live in. Find some new special spots. They are out there

iTinker

Why are you even here? No one cares what you think bud. They know these guys are solid conservationists that love the sport.

An IDO sighting on a body of water you fish is a sad thing to see. The harbor has never been the same since James and Grant fished out there. It used to have a dozen houses or so early ice. Now it’s hundreds and the fishing has tanked.

Grant has ruined more bodies of water in the area as well now that he has his own show.

People filming and careless posting on the internet has ruined countless good fishing spots.

munchy
    NULL

Merry Christmas everybody!!! wave

moustachesteve
    Twin Cities

I come here to pass time while sitting on the can. I’m a slow pooper.

Same. Just giving you a hard time. You find any fish yesterday?

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It could be viewed as the fan boys defending the brand. Or it could be viewed as responding to somebody who thinks HIS way of life is more important then others.

You see it all the time. People taking shots at corporations because their competition sells a lure for less. IDO is a brand, it’s a business, their JOB is to provide video that people want to watch, video that companies want to sponsor. Video that draws eyeballs.

If during the marketing they mention LOTW, Bay Of Green Bay, Erie, Mille Lacs or other large bodies of water you still have to get off your a$$ and work to find fish.
    To my knowledge (and I been around a long time) they have never posted coordinates to a lake. They have never intentionally ruined a lake. (what good would that do them) They have been good stewards to the resource while at the same time attempting to teach people to fish out of a Brand X fish-house, using a Brand Y lure jigging with a Brand Z rod. It’s those Brands that pay the money to pay IDO’s families to allow their kids to eat. Why don’t you like kids? jester

Are all fishing shows the same? No. Some are really all about the money. But as the consumers we get to choose who we watch, who we click on.

And my last point. I would guess that the publication that has listed and highlighted lakes on it’s back page for as many years as I can remember has had more effect on fishing those lakes then IDO could ever dream of.

This response is just my opinion and wasn’t meant as a shot against any one member here, more of a general response to those who might not understand what they are turning on to watch.

Vote with your remote and the You Tube videos you want to see. If you think a show is hurting “your” lake don’t watch them.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘IDO sighting’ is closed to new replies.