IDO Show Ideas, Topics, Tips, Tricks and Shortcuts

• barrelslime
    Illinois

On a couple of ice fishing shows on youtube when using electronics, a picture in a picture of the angler and the Marcum. Nice to see the fish come in or how it reacts to the angler jigging.

Don Noethlich

I love the show, you guys do a bang out job. One thing I would love to see lake hoping. I’m out here in South Dakota and I fish in between Webster and Clark. And I hit about 10 ponds or lakes in day looking for fish or I will scout for on one big one like bitter or waubay or Indian Springs or Reid. All massive fisheries. I would love to see your approach to these scenarios and I never see you guys using a slender spoons why not?

Hope to see ya on the water at Indian Springs tho

Attachments:
    1. IMG_0713.jpg

Chandler Husbye
    Michigan Upper Peninsula (Bay de Noc area)

I was glad to see you guys visit Michigan Upper Peninsula this past winter fishing Little Bay de Noc. You got to meet a couple of buddies of mine out on the hard water. You guys got some decent fish but you came when fishing was at its absolute worse! I suggest you come back up here on first ice or late ice and I know you will put some monsters on the ice. The nice thing about fishing the Bays de Noc area is you don’t need all this high tech equipment and the average Joe can get out on the ice by just pulling a sled out with a pole an spud.
    Need information on ice conditions and how the fishing is just shoot me an email.

Chandler Husbye
    Michigan Upper Peninsula (Bay de Noc area)

Since its November 7 and it was 60 degrees out today here where we normally already have snow on the ground I am predicting ice to come late this year. Since this is a great possibility how about fishing for some steelhead and lake run browns on easy accessible steams. I know of one almost anyone could fish with a pole and some waders and catch fish if using the right tactics. If first two weeks of December roles around and there is no, ice might want to give this a shot. Or come out to the Bay of Green Bay and cast or troll for some monster walleye.

Nate Northup
    Madison, WI area

Some great ideas here, folks! I really like the suggestions regarding prepping for fishing a “new” body of water without the help of local guides. Would really love to see the process of deducing where fish are in regard to lake maps/etc. (Something I really struggle with when taking a weekend trip to a lake I’ve never fished – even with tools like contour elite and such)

pale ryder
    NULL

Some great ideas here, folks! I really like the suggestions regarding prepping for fishing a “new” body of water without the help of local guides. Would really love to see the process of deducing where fish are in regard to lake maps/etc. (Something I really struggle with when taking a weekend trip to a lake I’ve never fished – even with tools like contour elite and such)

I agree.
    The more I can learn about how to find fish and narrow down a presentation quickly, the better.

eyellaw10

I agree on fishing a heavily weeded lake for walleye. Fishing from 16 feet of water all the way to shallow near shore or an island. Actually showing methods to avoid snagging or at least how to keep your bait or lure in the strike zone instead of reeling in all the time to clear weeds.

Adam Strunz

There are some great ideas already here. I would like to see a show that shows all the work it takes on the ice to find the fish. maybe a fish counter in one corner and a hole drilled counter in the other. I get the feeling when I guide for people that they think they should be able to just pick a spot on a map and that should produce the size and quantity that they desire. Especially when it comes to lakes with a bowl contour or large mud flats.

Secondly i would like to see more tips on presentation and jigging technique. From spoons to tungstens, plastics to live bait. With all the lures and new ones constantly coming out. for instance I would like to the learn the subtle difference of jigging that should be done with different rapalas designs and what you all have seen work.

thanks for your hard work.

pharmfisher

Small thing, but I always like to see a shot of the marcum flasher screen when a fish is racing up. It would be cool if you could maybe do a split screen or something.

Ryan Barker

I’ve read through many of the suggestions and am happy with all the input. Some of my favorites are: split screen showcasing fish response to jigging cadence and breaking down new water and the process used to locate potential spots.

As for my suggestion, give the flowages of northern wisconsin a try. Flowages offer an extremely different style of fishing as compared to most lakes. The TFF, Willow, Rainbow, Nokomis, etc. offer world class panfish angling. Aggressive panfish relating to river channels, timber debris, sloughs and other various structure on flowages is much different than lakes many are accustomed to.

Season 11 is off to a great start, and looking forward to the upcoming episodes.

Roger Seymour
    Hager City

Is there a search box for classifieds? Didn’t see one.

Round House

I would like to see some of the lakes around Madison Lake fished. That is a really good area that has some nice pan fish in it.

I also like the other ideas on here with a bloopers show. It’s too bad the camera wasn’t rolling on Saturday at the Ice Fishing Show in St Paul. You could have seen what happens to James H. when my wife admitted she had a star crush on him. Missed opportunities! All different shades of red!

Captain Live2fish
    Hayfield, MN

How to do the “homework” and what that entails. Also understanding “Match the hatch” and fish patterns through out the year. I just want to learn methods to reduce unproductive water in a lake and how does a guy go about doing that. You guys do a great job. Keep up the good work

Brandon P

Would like to see more emphasis on technique and lure selection as well as what structure you are looking for along with a visual of a map of said structure.

Austin Billings

I think that the in depth team should go head to head with uncut angling in a winter 39 hours. Or mabey get a few more laker shows.

DHD

I would love to see a multi species trip to Ft. Peck. I have always wanted to go, but it is quite a haul from southeastern Nebraska.

Nick Cox
    Minnesota

Be sure to tune in this Sunday for an update from James!

kidfish

In the late winter- early spring, I’d like to see a Mississippi river show on how to use the new side scan or total scan electronics on how to locate fish around the wing dams or other rip rap. I haven’t pulled the trigger on buying a unit yet, but want to see if they make a big difference.

buschman
    Pool 2

I watched Sundays show and want to say it is pretty cool seeing IDO interact with the viewers like you guys have!! This is a one of a kind show and wanted so say GOOD JOB!! I enjoyed the addition and look forward to the shows to come.

Kollin Gosney

You could do some spearing shows. I’ve never been spearing, but I sure would love to start and I know you guys could gather a lot of information and inform the viewers. Absolutely great shows by the way. I’ve never seen fishing shows that actually try to inform people. All of the other shows are just bragging and telling you to use their sponsors products. They give me a head ache!

Tim Nelson

When are you planning to get back to the devils lake area again?

Also, just curious to know, would you guys consider doing a show on spearing? just asking. I am sure that is a completely different topic itself for a show, but would this be a possibility in the future to do? If not, thats fine, I do enjoy the show and all the information that is talked about and shown on the show. I also like the IDO Insights idea! keep up the great work you guys do!

Chris Anders

What kind of okuma reel (size) were you guys using on this weeks show on the ifish pros? The ones with the bait feeder. Thank you!

Hardwater Havoc

With all the talk in recent years of all of the invasive species, I’d love to see a show on how to fish a recently infested lake, and what difference it will make on how to fish it. (change from day bite to night bite? Etc.) Zebra mussels have infested Green lake near me and the fishing has changed. I feel like this problem will affect most of us at some time, and would be interesting to see how to fish these lakes after an infestation has occurred and been in that lake’s system for a couple years or so.

Steve Sr

Man…….I hate adding something here and I’m sure it’s covered in the back 6 pages but, here goes.
    I just watched the Fargo North Dakota Jumbo Perch – In-Depth Outdoors TV Season 8, Episode 6 and it was, as always, a great show (now I gotta go buy some dang Tingler spoons, though ) and it was obviously COLD.
    Some shows weather conditions/fronts moving in/ etc are mentioned, sometimes not. Barometric pressures aka storm/cold fronts coming in are something I watch and nope, I don’t know all about it, so I’d appreciate it when the guys offer input on such **** when they feel it is applicable”””” to the fishing that day.
    No safe ice here and I’m dying. Forecast is as bad too. Two more days of 50s and rain. Ice is junk now.
    Don’t make me move North. Don’t think it doesn’t come to mind. Half our winters here in N. IN we get good ice…and it warms up and rains.
    Anyway, current temps, fronts and OH YEAH……”Wind from the East…Fish bite the least?” Maybe. Depending on where you are and what East wind brings in????
    A fun discussion for the show though, IMO.
    God Bless all at IDO for teleporting me to to good ice and good fishing….when I can’t go.
    Steve

Daniel Lukashewski

To all of our forum members, we are in need of your assistance!

We are seeking suggestions from you, our friends and fans for information you would love to see included in upcoming shows and videos! Please comment below, and let us know if you have a topic you want to know more about. Topics can include fishing techniques, fishing gear, tips, tricks and shortcuts – anything you can think of that is fishing related.

We will be monitoring and logging all suggestions for consideration. Your feedback is important to us, and we want to give you the content you desire, so please let us know!

Hey guys love your shows I am watching from northEast PA. I assume you are limited to air time but was wondering if it would be possible to post more of your foootage on the website or your YouTube channel .thanks for all your hard work stay safe.have a happy new year

Marcum12

With all the talk about the new Marcum 6 and 7 update maybe you could do one of your new You Tube short shows on what the new update is and how to use it. I love the new show btw. I noticed the new views showing the fish hitting on the Marcums. Nice touch.

Matthew Brander

I would like to see a show on lake redstone of lavalle wisconsin for huge crappie

Tony Bielefeld

Im not gonna lie but you guys are always fishing big name bodies of water or unknown low pressure lakes. Id love to see you guys really put those skills to the test with like a metro lake walleye show or panfish show. I.E. Minnetonka, Independence, Waconia just maybe something alittle out side your comfort zone.

Thanks Guys you do a great show

Al Case

I’d like to thank you guys for showing your jigging techniques and cadence especially in the last video at Red Lake. There was one suggestion I had earlier in this thread from a few months ago. That’s very helpful.

vinceoordt
    Sioux City, IA

I just watched the Canada Lake Trout show. Id like to see one in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Also, I recently spoke to someone who has lived on Rainy Lake for a long time and states that the ice fishing isn’t great up there. A walleye/crappie show on Rainy Lake would be interesting!

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.