@ IDO Season 9 (best yet)

• TripleA
    Blaine

IDO has been my favorite fishing show since late December of last year, my first partial year of truly trying to fish at the ripe old age of 30, although living in MN my whole life I never had the chance or took the time to fish. I purchased all the gear and used what I learned from the past seasons shows to catch and release properly and successfully a fair amount of the time. That transitioned to open water and a new boat purchase, …. and gear. (wow it gets expensive quick) I am now into my second year of ice fishing and I feel so far ahead compared to last. I now have a true Hobby and think about lakes and maps too often.

I have watched all of the seasons episodes of IDO on the website and youtube more than three times, but I can say with confidence that season 9 is what I feel this show should be! Starting with the new intro being quick and to the point with the full cast shot moving into the specific players who will show up that week to fish, great music and attitude. Then it gets really good… a true explanation of what your trying to do and how your patterning the fish with break downs of actual map topography. As a newer angler season 9 is exactly what I need to see to really learn the ins and outs. Its the most entertaining way to gain knowledge and improve confidence before heading out to weekend warrior the hell out of a lake. It really is helping me see what you mean when you talk about transitions/points/humps on a lake map and what a real “pattern” is. For those of us without friends that have 10-20+ years of fishing experience this helps the confidence factor which is huge.

Thanks a lot to James and the entire crew, and I hope season 9 progresses the same way its started!

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

X3! I’ve watched every ice episode from season 6-9 and am hoping James and crew post season 1-5 soon so I can watch those too.

TripleA
    Blaine

X3! I’ve watched every ice episode from season 6-9 and am hoping James and crew post season 1-5 soon so I can watch those too.

I hope they post the “lost seasons” not currently on the website…

Paul Owens

LOVE that show. I’d never heard of it till I stumbled across it on youtube and now I’ve watched every video on their youtube channel and keep up to date with new releases as they come out. Only thing that would make it better is if it were daily instead of weekly! It’s probably the only time my 6 year old daughter slows down and cuddles up to me is when I put IDO on the TV. Watching that show and going ice fishing are our thing to do together and that means the WORLD to me.

zipdogfishing
    Utah

I couldn’t agree more. The tips and tactics I’ve learned have helped me put more fish on the ice. I started watching December 2013 when I too came across the show on YouTube. I watch it via You Tube with my son and he loves it. I only wish the episodes were longer. My favorite episode so far is from Glenn Elder, monster white crappie! Keep it up.

crappielover89

Very well put!!! i found it two years ago and it has changed my whole approach on how i fish and think and has made me a better angler!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.