IDO ICE FISHING GTG MILLE LACS 2018

• nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Maybe just a small peak at the shenanigans to come….

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20180215_173600.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Yes!! You get them packets with that?

Ya, aspirin packets!

and am I seeing what I’m really seeing? A smitty couch? rotflol

Looks like you need a rigid hitch for that.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

#9 officially is moved out and is now sitting on top of the Honey Hole!

Everyone will need to pick-up and install their blindfolds prior to driving out on the ice.

No exceptions! whistling

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

That photo is missing the only caption appropriate for it ,,,,,,,, “hold my beer and watch this”.

I’m sitting in the McDonalds in Garrison right now and seriously wondering just what I’ve gotten myself into. I plan to do some fishing in the morning before heading to Red Door for 2:00pm check-in. After that I may hide in my hotel room. wave

BTW; I forgot to bring any name tags so I guess anything that happens on Mille Lacs stays on Mille Lacs.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

That photo is missing the only caption appropriate for it ,,,,,,,, “hold my beer and watch this”.

I’m sitting in the McDonalds in Garrison right now and seriously wondering just what I’ve gotten myself into. I plan to do some fishing in the morning before heading to Red Door for 2:00pm check-in. After that I may hide in my hotel room. wave

BTW; I forgot to bring any name tags so I guess anything that happens on Mille Lacs stays on Mille Lacs.

waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Any place up their to get some monster shiners? Tutt’s maybe?

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

You might try Reeds Family Outfitters on the way up. I just glanced at the bait tanks when I stopped earlier, pretty sure I saw shiners, but wasn’t specifically looking so I could be mistaken.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

That’s just the chair devil

mrpike1973

We’ll got up here and did the night bite. Got 1tullibee. The wind was so bad it blew our house in several times. Lots of snow. Looking forward to the fun. May not fish the morning to cold we will see.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

They had beautiful shiners last time I was there. I be stopping there tomorrow.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Last post for me tonight on what feels for some of us when we were “good” and when we were very young as if it were Christmas Eve. santa

The lunch GTG for Saturday is all set, plenty of grub for everyone so come hungry and ready for some amusement. Brats, hot dogs, chips, cookies, pickled herring? Bring you own preferred beverages. Planning on starting around noon and then keeping that going throughout the afternoon.

This will be at or around FH #9. For those of us arriving tomorrow will probably know where that is come Saturday. For everyone coming Friday or just Saturday, check in at the resort office (you’ll need a $10 road pass) although that should be included for those of us that have booked motel rooms. You can get direction on where we are.

Also to remind, we still plan on meeting for dinner Friday and Saturday evening at the Waypoint. I would think some of us would like to eat dinner rather than drink it. Just pizza they have. I just have to pick a time, so I’m going to set 7:30 Friday night. They close at 9:00 and at 7:30 should give those an opportunity for sunset/early night bite.

The dinner is optional of course, stay out and keep fishing if you wish. I just have to set some times up so there is a facsimile of this being an organized event. wink

Full breakfast menu though and that will be planned too for those that would care to join, Saturday and Sunday morning. Those times flexible based on input from the group.

So…it’s almost here! yay

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

31lifer scores at 26 in ER.
    Rumor Has It Drifter caught one too but I think his was 25 and 7 eighths of an inch rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 14917.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

No way is that 26in!

Attachments:
    1. 14940.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Let the festivities begin!

Attachments:
    1. 20180217_120714.jpg

MNdrifter

EPG, is that a Busch Light?

Attachments:
    1. 76E577A8-D663-4F50-9B32-6DBCF71BD7B4.jpeg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Son of a! – you weren’t suppose to show anyone that rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Must be…he invited the bartender from Barnacles out there, you didn’t get any from her?

Attachments:
    1. 20180216_2218481.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Anyone ever go fish that flat Will was talking about?

404 ERROR
    MN

Anyone ever go fish that flat Will was talking about?

Yeah…I completely forgot which one he was talking about…not really surprised after the crown Apple…

Finished the weekend with 6 tullibee, 1-13.5” perch and one Walleye just a hair over 18”. Not great, but I’ve had worse…

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MNdrifter wrote:</div>

Must be…he invited the bartender from Barnacles out there, you didn’t get any from her?

No I did not “get any” from her. That’s how rumors are started Andy…..

Lol. Great meeting you all. Mille Lacs GTG 2019, anybody want to start the countdown yet?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Red door motel was great.

The pancakes are freaking awesome.

Thanks to everyone who got the plans, food, and everything else together.

Good time.

Friday set me back a couple days here doah

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Yeah…I completely forgot which one he was talking about…not really surprised after the crown Apple…

You got that right, looked like a lot of wapatui going down. Do you remember how packed the place was? That Barnacle’s sure knows how to get the folks in the door. They had us all believing the walleye would still be waiting at the hole.

Attachments:
    1. Barnacles.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well the Great IDO GTG 2018 is now officially in the books. Thank you all for attending and I did truly enjoy meeting everyone. Everyone met or exceeded my expectations as far as fishing and fun factor. Nice thing about the forum was that I already more or less knew everyone and we were already beyond that awkward small talk you have when you just meet. The friendships were already established before we actually met in person. So…yea, there is value in social media like this IDO forum!

I think the event served it’s purpose as far as offering plenty of fishing opportunity and the social fun and folly. Fishing was slower, but nice fish were caught and there is never the guarantee of incredible fishing action anytime.

Also want to thank Will Roseberg @MalmoMafioso for presenting the seminar at Barnacles Friday night…if anyone remembers? whistling

I thought it was kind of cool to have a real “IDO TV Star” meet up with the group, even though he may have just been there for the beer? wink

Thanks too to Red Door for the welcome sign…

Attachments:
    1. 20180216_135606.jpg

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Andy- thanks again for taking the reigns initiating and helping to orchestrate the GTG this year! It was great meeting many of you guys Friday night. Sorry, we weren’t able to meet up Saturday. I only had one day to fish and was trying to make the most of my time on the ice. I’ve never worked so hard for a single 20″ walleye. Thought I’d see some of you at Barnacle’s last night, but I guess you guys had too much fun out on the ice! toast

10.5 hrs on the ice grinding and the only two we brought topside yesterday (18″ and 20″). My FIL had a big one on but lost it at the hole, unfortunately.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_8452-Medium.jpg

2. IMG_0388-Medium.jpeg

3. IMG_0387-Medium.jpeg

4. IMG_8447-Medium.jpg

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Bitten by the inverted photo bug I see. doah

Anyone know if you can remove photos from your post? Would like to try and flip them if possible.

MNdrifter

Anyone know if you can remove photos from your post? Would like to try and flip them if possible.

Ah, just go with it man.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

[/quote

Are you sure you were not standing on your head when you took it?

Viewing 30 posts - 211 through 240 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.