IDO ICE FISHING GTG MILLE LACS 2018

• Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Does the bridge make my butt look big?

MNdrifter

If all goes well I may be up by 6pm ish Friday. Wish me luck! Let’s just hope this warmth tomorrow and this stupid south wind doesn’t do anything to their access. Fingers crossed guys.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

6? All the busch lite will be gone by then. doah

MNdrifter

6? All the busch lite will be gone by then. doah

Lol. I will make sure I bring momma plenty of blue Smoothies from home then.
    With me headed to AZ next week, I can’t leave work early this week. Sucks.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If all goes well I may be up by 6pm ish Friday. Wish me luck! Let’s just hope this warmth tomorrow and this stupid south wind doesn’t do anything to their access. Fingers crossed guys.

Now you’ve done it, you jinxed us again. Wasn’t it you last year too? coffee

Keep your walkie talkie turned on. Sounds like there may be one or two others arriving around that same time as you. Might intercept you in the parking lot when you pull in. And then… “open The Door”…?

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MNdrifter wrote:</div>

Now you’ve done it, you jinxed us again. Wasn’t it you last year too? coffee

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen they have a backhoe parked there before. I’m handy on one so I’ll be sure to bring my John Deere key. We’ll get out. Last year was safety. There was a lot of people uneasy about what was going on out there, myself included. I am one of the biggest chickens when it comes to ice. Better safe than sorry. From what I’ve seen as early as Sunday. There is no issues with the ice. I even did some off road bushwhacking this weekend.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

There was a lot of people uneasy about what was going on out there, myself included. I am one of the biggest chickens when it comes to ice. Better safe than sorry. From what I’ve seen as early as Sunday. There is no issues with the ice. I even did some off road bushwhacking this weekend.

I was just poking at you about the jinx. No worries this year, last year? It was beyond safety, the ice fell apart up there. For reference, the pic below I posted last year as a “funny” pic but click on it and look at the driveway. That was the Sunday before as I was loading up and it was pushing 60 degrees and I was in a t-shirt. And that was before all that rain that sunk everything. sad

This year we should be golden. peace

Attachments:
    1. 20170219_165253.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Technical Update:

I sent a “test” group text to all of you who provided me your contact info. I’m hoping this will be a more efficient way to communicate starting Friday when the fun begins. If anyone did not get a text msge, let me know or PM.

404 ERROR
    MN

Technical Update:

I sent a “test” group text to all of you who provided me your contact info.

Thanks Andy, now EPG is sending me some rather concerning text messages…He said something about FH #9, a tub of butter and some vegetarian summer sausage. Is he talking about breakfast?…I also think he was trying to type out some sort of sasquatch sound…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

That’s not breakfast, more like happy hour

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thanks Andy, now EPG is sending me some rather concerning text messages…He said something about FH #9, a tub of butter and some vegetarian summer sausage. Is he talking about breakfast?…I also think he was trying to type out some sort of sasquatch sound…

Yea…I was kinda worried about that. Now that he’s “out of the public eye”…so to speak, I figured things were bound to get more weird. blush

And edit…the fun has already begun!

MNdrifter

Looking at that picture EPG, my wife says one word…….. Manscaping.

Checked beer run off my to do list.

Attachments:
    1. 47872255-A677-4B87-9894-A0FE098ADBAC.jpeg

mikek
    Brainerd-Mille Lacs

I believe there is that fishing contest out of Garrison too! So you may want to watch the traffic when it lets out!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Among other things, I checked the brats off my shopping list. Johnsonville. Wouldn’t be surprised if John Gillespie made a cameo appearance out of nowhere. tongue
    We’re going to need some of those “blue smoothies” to boil the brats. I’m not gonna waste my “good” beer to cook brats. jester

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Does that Busch stuff come with a complimentary roll of Charmin? …if not, it should

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I believe there is that fishing contest out of Garrison too! So you may want to watch the traffic when it lets out!

The big DU contest, I’m not sure any in our group…at least none that I know of that would be leaving in that direction when that concludes.

But thanks for the reminder, there could be a run on bait particularly at Tutt’s and Lundeen’s. Those of us coming up earlier Friday should be okay, but still something to think about.

MNdrifter

Wouldn’t be surprised if John Gillespie made a cameo appearance out of nowhere.

I can’t wait to whack him with the business end of a Frabil. And he WILL get close lined off his Yamaha if he pulls up as I’m getting ready to set the hook on a tip up. Just sayin’.

mrpike1973

Finally got off work YIPPEE!!!! The wife and I are leaving tomorrow morning we will be there Thursday through Sunday morning. Cant wait are goal tomorrow is a leisurely drive up there and get a night bite in can’t wait always working nights all the time. Meant to comment more but had to tie so many loose ends up at work. See you all there!! Dumb question here but is EPG house #9 is that a rental one? Just want to find you guys we doubt our cell service will work much up there.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

What’s ice conditions?

Truck travel everywhere easy enough?

What’s the snowpack like?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll be leaving in 24 hours! woot

404 ERROR
    MN

We will be leaving the south metro about 3:45am tomorrow!

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

What’s ice conditions?

Truck travel everywhere easy enough?

What’s the snowpack like?

Curious as well. Debating hassle of bringing the UTV and trailer or just travel by pickup.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

I was out yesterday and you can travel pretty much anywhere by truck. Just watch out for the plow banks, most are soggy and wet.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

That definitely simplifies my logistics if I can leave the UTV and trailer behind. Thanks for the report!

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

That definitely simplifies my logistics if I can leave the UTV and trailer behind. Thanks for the report!

Yeah, there really is no reason to bring one unless you want to play around. There are a few areas on the Pond that, around freeze up, the ice got pushed around with the wind and is a little jagged. Just use common sense. Not sure if it was this thread or another but I commented about how you can literally go from Isle Bay all the way to Myr Mar. The ice is anywhere from 24″-30″ thick and the snow cover is minimal.

sticker
    StillwaterMN/Ottertail county

Everyone take lots of pics and post them after happy hour, I think it will be fun to see what goes on…especially around EPG’s house whistling

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just stopped and picked up breakfast for Saturday morning

Attachments:
    1. 20180215_161937.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Nick,
    I also picked up a bottle of the good stuff for me and you. rotflol

Attachments:
    1. 20180215_161409.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Yes!! You get them packets with that?

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.