IDO ICE FISHING GTG MILLE LACS 2018

• MNdrifter

Are you wearing a name tag? Or is that your official title?

I’m gone regret not going, I know it.

Yup you sure are! I went and picked up my secret weapon tonight. I hope with the forecasted weather more people show up!

Is Barnicles Another resort? Just wondering how much all of this will cost to go to another place. I too would like a time to meet and greet but I want to fish prime time especially at night. I work nights and very rarely do I get to do a dusk bite.

Trust me mrpike, you will not be alone for the night bite. It shouldn’t cost anymore to go to Barnicles. I don’t think we would have to buy a road pass for Barnicles to go to their bar Via the lake as long as you have a Red door pass. So it shouldn’t cost anything other than your beverages and if you eat there.

Does anyone know if maybe we order pizza in too the Red Doors conference room, if there’s any place that would deliver there if say we ordered 10+ pizzas? And had a $10 or so donation for a pizza lunch, and you buy your own drinks? Does Red Door have a kitchen/menu anymore? Just spit balling ideas.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Are you wearing a name tag? Or is that your official title?

I’m gone regret not going, I know it.

yes, they made me wear a name tag. “Meat Raffle, bi$^#” LOL

Gil, I can’t believe you not coming to the GTG. Gonna miss ya!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I like the Barnicles idea but, I’m pretty sure they have a HUGE gathering for Meat Raffle Saturday afternoons.. I could be wrong but last couple times I was there mid-day on a Saturday, it was crazy, crazy busy. Something to maybe think about. Just my 2 cents. Either way, I’m getting excited for this!! As of now, forecasting some pretty nice weather!! toast

IceNEyes…? You’re coming? Didn’t see where you posted before that you were? For sure looking forward to meeting you then! We’ll have a Nic and Nick!

Noted on the raffle (and crowd) at Barnacles…they must’ve just started that on Saturday’s, although that looks like it won’t hold some of us back, more likely encourage them.

I’d still like to leave open an option for those that may not want to go to the bar. If we are all in for that, great. But if there are some that might not want that…I would not like to leave them without another option. If there are any that might be interested in staying out on the ice for a cookout Saturday afternoon, that should be included. Sounds like the weather may be good for that.

Obviously this has been planned as an informal event…no mandatory $30 banquet charges. Understanding that there are many of you wanting to fish certain times and finding perhaps your own locations. Therefore no expectations that anyone needs to be at any place at any time for anything formally planned, because there isn’t.

Still hoping and will plan for as much opportunity to have us all get together and spend time having fun for awhile as a group. That we can better define when we get closer.

Good times… yay

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Does anyone know if maybe we order pizza in too the Red Doors conference room, if there’s any place that would deliver there if say we ordered 10+ pizzas? And had a $10 or so donation for a pizza lunch, and you buy your own drinks? Does Red Door have a kitchen/menu anymore? Just spit balling ideas.

They have those options, yes. I’ll give more information on that before we get there. You just have to wait…just like we’ll have to wait to find out about your “secret weapon”? smile

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>IceNEyes1986 wrote:</div>
    I like the Barnicles idea but, I’m pretty sure they have a HUGE gathering for Meat Raffle Saturday afternoons.. I could be wrong but last couple times I was there mid-day on a Saturday, it was crazy, crazy busy. Something to maybe think about. Just my 2 cents. Either way, I’m getting excited for this!! As of now, forecasting some pretty nice weather!! toast

IceNEyes…? You’re coming? Didn’t see where you posted before that you were? For sure looking forward to meeting you then! We’ll have a Nic and Nick!

Noted on the raffle (and crowd) at Barnacles…they must’ve just started that on Saturday’s, although that looks like it won’t hold some of us back, more likely encourage them.

I’m planning on going but just not 100% sure when.. My cousin is a quadriplegic and with the weather looking as good as they say, we’re going to try and get him out to the shack for a few hours Saturday. Hopefully at some point I’ll be able to get up there.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m more inclined to stay out on the ice versus going into the bar, call me old? But it really doesn’t matter much to me either way.

We should get a final “schedule of events” posted. I know there isn’t much planned, but there’s gotta be something.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m pretty sure that this is Drifters secret weapon. whistling

Attachments:
    1. Secret-weapon.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Think alot is gonna depend on bite for schedule. We are all fisherman in the end. Im just assuming the bite is gonna suck, bite thus far has been tough, add in mid winter conditions, I’m not gonna pound the ice for a few eyes.

Get up Friday meet and greet with some guys there already, then fish the sunset bite. If good maybe stay out later and get up early for morning then GTG for sure midday Saturday either way.

But catch just a couple fish Friday/saturday am, the rest of Saturday evening/night could just turn into a beer drinking contest.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I too don’t have a need or desire to spend much time in a bar. Don’t mean to sound judgemental or harsh, just not my thing. If it makes it easier for setting up things and a schedule, that’s ok by me. I’ll drop in but won’t spend much time there. I’d like to say Hi and shake a few hands for sure.

Again, anyone that wants to exchange a phone number please do so before Thursday. I’m retired and might/will be heading up early. I don’t get real good reception at times in that area with my carrier but I’m hoping to be able to stay in the loop.

I doubt I win any fishing contest but I’ll certainly enjoy fishing. I’d be real pleased to get into some nice perch, (is that even an option?) just for fishing, not a contest.

As for a drinking contest, I’ll go ahead and concede before it starts. jester

Midday Saturday rendezvous seems like a nice option. Serious offer; I can bring markers and blank name tags. (I might just wear a hat my granddaughter gave me, it has my name on it.) I’ll also pack some sausage and cheese in a bucket on my ATV for any on ice gathering we may be able to pull off.
    See you there!

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Midday Saturday rendezvous seems like a nice option. Serious offer; I can bring markers and blank name tags. (I might just wear a hat my granddaughter gave me, it has my name on it.) I’ll also pack some sausage and cheese in a bucket on my ATV for any on ice gathering we may be able to pull off.
    See you there!

Dave, that was my thoughts too as I didn’t know if everyone was up for heading in to the bar. I certainly enjoy an atmosphere such as that…having burger and beer and being part of the crowd. However, better judgement tells me if that should be the only option. I have had a history of getting in to such places and then having a hard time leaving…until I find myself regretting it the next morning. neutral

I will be happy to sponsor a lunch out on the ice. Keeping it simple…brats, chips, cookies, etc. EPG has graciously offered to allow us to boil up some brats in fish house #9. So yes, bring that sausage and cheese. For those that want to go to Barnacle’s is fine, but I thought to be fair it would be good to offer another option for those that wish to remain on the ice.

For those wanting to stay out, post here if you are interested so I can get an idea how many brats to bring.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I forget people actually enjoy ice fishing doah

On ice is fine for me too if that’s whats preffered.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Drifter, the café is open for breakfast and lunch (burgers, sandwiches) but after that they do serve pizza and beer ’til closing at 9:00 pm. I have checked with Red Door and they know we’re coming. I didn’t think there was any better reason to commit to the meeting room when the restaurant should have plenty of room for us, so yes your suggestion here is what we will do.

We should get a final “schedule of events” posted. I know there isn’t much planned, but there’s gotta be something.

Here it is so far,

Friday: Guests check in whenever they arrive and we will congregate out near fish house #9. Dinner (pizza) and toast at the Waypoint Café for those that can pull themselves away from that “hot” evening bite. wink Bragging and fishy stories invited!

Saturday: Breakfast at café for those that would like to meet for that. Out for fishing then…and again the general GTG area near fish house #9. Lunch and gathering midday (time TBD). More fishing or bean toss games? lol
    Dinner at Waypoint again (pizza) and more toast , sorry wish they offered more than just pizza but that’s it. Times will be determined once we’re all there (staying a little flexible for the true fishing fools) mrgreen

Sunday: Breakfast at Waypoint and more fishing for those still lingering…?

Stay tuned, we still need to figure out a better communication method.

MNdrifter

Sounds solid Andy. I can live with that!

Dilly dilly, see y’all at Milly! toast

Hope it’s better next weekend. She’s sloooooow this weekend so far. Got a couple perch this morning. A couple nice ones. An a 24” er at noon today.

Attachments:
    1. 33122F3D-BE15-42DA-A876-7AC62A141E37.jpeg

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

EPG has graciously offered to allow us to boil up some brats in fish house #9. So yes, bring that sausage and cheese.

CHECK, sausage and cheese at fish house #9 around 11:00ish? while the Brats are cooking.
    ———————————————————————————-

Sunday: Breakfast at Waypoint and more fishing for those still lingering…?
    Do you know when they start serving? pre daybreak? Or would a final “brunch” work for say 10:00am seeing as check out is 12:00noon (for motel guys).
    ———————————————————————————-Just tossing it out there.

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

You guys need to borrow pink clown noses from BK or devise some other way to recognize each other. whistling

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

You guys need to borrow pink clown noses from BK or devise some other way to recognize each other. whistling

Secret IDO handshake. rotflol

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Dutchboy wrote:</div>

Secret IDO handshake. rotflol

Ya but you need to know who’s hand to grab. Don’t want anybody sporting black eyes on Monday. jester

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Note to self; (A) Learn how to operate photoshop really really well. (B) Get a copy of Andy’s recent walleye photo. (C) paste my mug in place of Andy’s face (D) get it all done before the GTG

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Do you know when they start serving? pre daybreak? Or would a final “brunch” work for say 10:00am seeing as check out is 12:00noon (for motel guys).
    ———————————————————————————-Just tossing it out there.

They open at 8:00. I like your idea though, that will let me sleep in a bit. Think I might like that after 2 days of ???

No need to borrow from BK, we already have our own pink clown noses being that we all graduated from the same “Clown University”… lol

I forget people actually enjoy ice fishing doah

On ice is fine for me too if that’s whats preffered.

There are times I certainly take my fishing seriously but probably this event will not be one of them. Personally I’ll play this like a party with some fishing mixed in. whistling You got a bean toss game you can bring? wink

The promising thing here with this event is that it should give ample opportunity for those that want to fish hard and serious, be able to branch out and find their own locations to fish, for whatever times they want to try…and still have more than one chance to meet up with the group and join in on the social engagement. Engagement…? I’m already laughing at myself. redface

mrpike1973

Hi all, I’m hoping to get out to house #9 on Saturday mid day to meet and greet. I will be fishing morning and at night until dark. Then if someones around meet and talk. I’m not a prude but not interested in drinking at all. Can’t wait to meet and fish. 4 days to go and wife says she can’t wait. 4 days to go yay

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Anyway to transfer this to a lake that has an existent bite? whistling

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Hi all, I’m hoping to get out to house #9 on Saturday mid day to meet and greet. I will be fishing morning and at night until dark. Then if someones around meet and talk. I’m not a prude but not interested in drinking at all. Can’t wait to meet and fish. 4 days to go and wife says she can’t wait. 4 days to go yay

Well yes mrpike. You best not just be hoping, we’ll be looking for you and the Mrs., at #9 Saturday for brats and other goodies…and meeting you both! Yes, there should be some of us to meet and talk then. Don’t forget about dinners at the Waypoint and breakfast meetings too!

Anyway to transfer this to a lake that has an existent bite? whistling

Oh come on Nick, drifter has proven there is a bite out there. Bring your bean toss game if you have one…just in case? FWIW, I am still considering a Barnacle’s run later after the midday brat lunch meet and greet. A little later in the afternoon, if anyone is still up for that?

Attachments:
    1. drifter.jpg

404 ERROR
    MN

Anyone know where Red Door has their sleepers? Depends on where, we might drop our house nearby. Don’t wanna drop the house on Boot if their sleepers are on Pantry…

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I just called up the Red Door, #9 is on the first break because that’s where the hot bite has been.
    I said #9 will be ground zero for the IDO GTG and would like a fresh area along with a bit of an extra plowed out area.
    I will call on Wed and report back to where #9 will be located.

Saturday high is 35 perfect couch sledding weather.

4 days.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Good stuff! Working on my packing list as we speak.

I’ll also be bringing some venison summer sausage, crackers, and cheese and beer (craft and swill). Was thinking of bringing a propane grill to fry up some venison but looking at my list, I may have to start paring back a bit. We’ll see.

Johnson’s Portside still the best place to grab live bait if I’m coming up the east side of the lake?

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Saturday high is 35 perfect couch sledding weather

Every chariot needs a knight….

If anyone has empty Bud light cases, or even a royal crown cape it be appreciated toast

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Again, anyone that wants to exchange a phone number please do so before Thursday. I’m retired and might/will be heading up early. I don’t get real good reception at times in that area with my carrier but I’m hoping to be able to stay in the loop.
    See you there!

Alrighty then…! Dave, I too have reception issues around those parts at times too. More so with internet connecting, anyone remember that Sprint thread here on this forum a few months ago? mad
    Text messaging seems to work better, so….

I have PM’d all of you with my contact/text #. Hopefully now we will have another or better “walkie talkie” method of communicating with one another. lol

If I missed anyone or you did not get a PM from me, let me know. EPG, I already have your contact.

Yada…yada yay

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

Good call, Andy. I replied back with my # and also PM’d Huntindave. If anyone else wants to exchange shoot me a PM. We’ll be up Friday early evening and staying at the motel.

Since it sounds like cell coverage can be spotty up there, I’ll be tossing my 2M handheld radio in the truck. If anyone else HAMs let me know and I’ll send you my callsign.

Let the packing commence!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

T -3 and counting.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

If anyone else HAMs let me know and I’ll send you my callsign.

I think the only one that will be there that has HAMs is EPG. He will be struttin… hah

Attachments:
    1. hams.jpg

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.