IDO ICE FISHING GTG MILLE LACS 2018

• marmike

When u say Gillespie style- u imply dirty pliers or fish fingers to flip the brats- right

Swivel digger
    NULL

When u say Gillespie style- u imply dirty pliers or fish fingers to flip the brats- right

You mean that there is another way to do it? The things we learn here.

Right now I’m in about 27 feet of water and it is SLOW. Thinking about going deeper. Good luck all

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

rotflol
    Well that too, but also wrapping your arm around another guy and yelling in his face…”how about those Johnsonville’s”… roll

Right now I’m in about 27 feet of water and it is SLOW. Thinking about going deeper. Good luck all

Are you out on Mille Lacs? I am currently out off the SW side in 26′, slow now…but just wait ’til tonight. I heard santa is on his way. santa

Swivel digger
    NULL

Yes Andy I’m at Hunters point out by 3 mile reef. It is slow but getting better as it gets dark. Good luck to you

mrpike1973

Getting excited. Went up this last Friday out of Lybacks got some perch had to get my mille Lacs fix. Looking forward to next week.

31lifer

I will be there in house #9 with EPG.

This is the “unofficial” list I have so far…

MnDrifter WH
    Merican Eagle WH
    Swivel digger WH
    EPG FH #9
    huntindave M
    Andy M
    Jamin M
    Nhamm M
    mrpike M
    Charles ?
    belletaine ?
    gotalunker ?
    marmike ?

Those with ?’s haven’t said which day or if they’re staying overnight. Not sure if I missed anyone but if so, please chime in.

2 weeks from today… yay I would say we will try to figure out some group communication method and also if we want to formalize anthing for Friday and Saturday night dinner.
    [/quote]

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing for you? jester

Will look forward to meeting you. I have already met Mr. EPG, he is a little “funny”… wink

MNdrifter

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>31lifer wrote:</div>

I’m not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing for you? jester

Will look forward to meeting you. I have already met Mr. EPG, he is a little “funny”… wink

“Funny” as in ha ha, or “funny” as in you better not fall asleep before he does if you don’t want to end up a lampshade. shock
    Better bring your own beer 31lifer just in case. Lol.

It puts the 31 lifer in the hole.

Attachments:
    1. 51F46BD2-C3BB-4E09-9250-E8B0935D80E0.jpeg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

shock

$hit just got kinda real with that last meme…. hah

Communication not sure. Smoke signals during the day is an option. Everyone bring up there own bat signals at night……
    beer me

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

“Funny” as in ha ha, or “funny” as in you better not fall asleep before he does if you don’t want to end up a lampshade. shock
    Better bring your own beer 31lifer just in case. Lol.

It puts the 31 lifer in the hole.

rotflol
    I think you pegged it Drifter…

Yes…funny as in the latter. I’ll be sleeping on shore in a motel room, but I’ll still make sure to lock my door before retiring for the night. laugh

Oh….my? If I see that “bat signal” coming from fish house #9 after dark…me thinks I don’t know what I might be happening upon. shock Could be a lure or trick? You might see me tearing out of the parking lot as fast as the wind blows across Mille Lacs.

Attachments:
    1. walleyebeer.jpg

tindall
    Minneapolis MN

This is my 15th anniversary (observed) week. If I can ever make one, I am going to bring a 48 pack of the new Costco light beer no one has tried.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Hey Nick,
    I was practicing tonight at Babes in Lakeville tonight.

Attachments:
    1. Cardboard-Crack.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Oh! and we are into single digits.

9 and counting

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

toast toast

MNdrifter

You guys are in luck, I think we got a babysitter lined up for the weekend if mamma still wants to come. So no smart mouthed 9 y.o. is going to kick the pants off us. But you better be ready to party if Mrs. Drifter comes along. Unfortunately it’s going to be late Friday night when I roll in. I don’t see myself getting there any earlier than 8:30 p.m. I’ll have a couple beers for whoever helps me set up the otter hub, and banking the “Blue Bass-tard”!
    I’m looking forward to meeting you guys, even you EPG. toast

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

EPG – I’ve never gotten into the cardboard crack, but is that a $500 winner?!?! Hell yeah! That’s a lot of Coronas right there. mrgreen

Drifter- good stuff man, glad to see you’re going to be able to make it up. Better rolling in a bit late than never.

~195 hrs and counting…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Andy – Where did you find my Senior Picture?

rotflol

You guys are in luck, I think we got a babysitter lined up for the weekend if mamma still wants to come. So no smart mouthed 9 y.o. is going to kick the pants off us. But you better be ready to party if Mrs. Drifter comes along. Unfortunately it’s going to be late Friday night when I roll in. I don’t see myself getting there any earlier than 8:30 p.m. I’ll have a couple beers for whoever helps me set up the otter hub, and banking the “Blue Bass-tard”!
    I’m looking forward to meeting you guys, even you EPG. toast

Yes, we are in luck because Mrs. Drifter can babysit you instead of us having to. lol
    We’ll need to figure out how to get you out there at that time Friday night. I will say… you shouldn’t need to set up the Otter hub that night…unless you want private time with EPG? blush

In all seriousness, getting to crunch time for the planning…me? Need to decide Friday night for some of us…and Saturday too. This obviously is somewhat informal, however there are a number of folks attending that might want some kind of agenda to plan for. This is a GTG and I/we want to make available for us all to meet and spend time together.

The Barnacle’s run might be a good option…Saturday? Or on ice activities? Stay tuned… peace

MNdrifter

I think a lot of the guys including myself want to fish during “prime times”. I think Friday should be something smaller since people will be coming all times of the day, and maybe Saturday have the main social gathering something like 10am-3pmish? Either on the lake or at a resort, Red Door or Barnicles. Does either of them have good pizza or food? Or maybe have the main social event after 7:30 pm Saturday? Just thoughts, does anybody else have ideas?

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I think that’s the start of a solid plan. I know my plan is to make sure I’m on the ice for prime time and will likely stay out there if the bite stays warm throughout the day. I’m up there to fish and meet fellow IDO crew members. I can sit in a bar and shoot the bull anywhere. I’m hoping to do it on the ice with a fishing rod in my hand that weekend instead.

I have a 2.5 yr old and a 4mo old…I get very few days away right now and will owe the wife for a bit after this so I need to make the most of my time up there.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I think a lot of the guys including myself want to fish during “prime times”. I think Friday should be something smaller since people will be coming all times of the day, and maybe Saturday have the main social gathering something like 10am-3pmish? Either on the lake or at a resort, Red Door or Barnicles. Does either of them have good pizza or food? Or maybe have the main social event after 7:30 pm Saturday? Just thoughts, does anybody else have ideas?

Just what I was thinking….

Attachments:
    1. bingo.gif

mrpike1973

Is Barnicles Another resort? Just wondering how much all of this will cost to go to another place. I too would like a time to meet and greet but I want to fish prime time especially at night. I work nights and very rarely do I get to do a dusk bite.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m going to try and get up Friday early afternoon 1-ish.
    I agree Friday might be a bit difficult for the M & G as everyone will be rolling in and want to get some wet lines.
    I like the mid-day Saturday idea. Especially for a couch tour over to Barnacles.

Starting on my checklist –
    1) Tighten up man bun – check
    2) Manicure/Pedicure – check
    3) Tight pants – check
    4) Bush lite – What the $%&^, how did that get on the list. rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Is Barnicles Another resort? Just wondering how much all of this will cost to go to another place. I too would like a time to meet and greet but I want to fish prime time especially at night. I work nights and very rarely do I get to do a dusk bite.

Barnacles is nearby where we might go for a burger and beers for lunch Saturday. My original thoughts were to meet out on the ice midday and possibly do some kind of cookout. Weather is the wild card because if it is anything like last Saturday, nobody would be standing outside very long.
    The midday bite has been slow, so I think the idea was to take a break if we wanted to go inside somewhere, someone mentioned cardboard crack… whistling

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Sunrise sunset 730am and 530pm. Anything after 11am is more than past prime, and I’d probably be setting up, or at least heading to the evening bite by 330pm, so I’m good with times mentioned above.

Obviously the night bite can be a dictating factor Saturday night for GTG, but usually by 730 the bite has “peaked” and some beverages are in order.

Then again it’s happened where the bite in the bar has been really good and just end up staying there during the day.

Then again again all us online nerds get together at the bar and all end up staring at each other and our phones socially inept to face to face conversations hah might just stay on the ice….

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m in for whatever, as long as I can fish prime times. Not sure where I want to drop the house, but I generally move my wheelhouse each afternoon for a different spot for the evening, so my options are open. One BIG perk of owning a SMALL wheelhouse…I will also have one of my ATV’s and my 2-man Frabill.

Redneck JR and I will be dropping the house about 7-8am Friday morning. He’s got some new rods he’s building me for that weekend, hoping to get a good test on them.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mrpike1973 wrote:</div>

Barnacles is nearby where we might go for a burger and beers for lunch Saturday. My original thoughts were to meet out on the ice midday and possibly do some kind of cookout. Weather is the wild card because if it is anything like last Saturday, nobody would be standing outside very long.
    The midday bite has been slow, so I think the idea was to take a break if we wanted to go inside somewhere, someone mentioned cardboard crack… whistling

I like the Barnicles idea but, I’m pretty sure they have a HUGE gathering for Meat Raffle Saturday afternoons.. I could be wrong but last couple times I was there mid-day on a Saturday, it was crazy, crazy busy. Something to maybe think about. Just my 2 cents. Either way, I’m getting excited for this!! As of now, forecasting some pretty nice weather!! toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Meat raffle and pull tabs???

Pretty dang near Heaven in my book! woot

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

OMG – practicing the meat raffle at the Village Inn in Outing.
    I hit 5 times. The locals said I better have a body guard. Lol

Attachments:
    1. 14057.jpeg

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Are you wearing a name tag? Or is that your official title?

I’m gone regret not going, I know it.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.