IDO ICE FISHING GTG MILLE LACS 2018

• belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Thanks for the leg work Andy! I’ll be there!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’ll be in #9. Probably have a bunch of 30 inchers up on the ice.

Andy wanted the cheeks. rotflol

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Can’t you just cut out out the cheeks and release them?

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Anyone that wants to exchange cell phone numbers, send me a PM with your first name and number and I’ll reply with mine.

Otherwise I’ll be in motel unit #1, driving a Silver F150 extcab w/ enclosed trailer. On the ice I’ll have a Green Arctic Cat ATV w/ windshield, pulling a one man Clam flip over. The ATV will have both a gas auger on the rear and a K-dill on the front rack.

I’ll have no problem finding you Dave, I’ll be right next to you in room #2…Blue F150. Just don’t ding my doors getting out of your truck, a silver ding on mine will not set the weekend off well. lol
    Only question…are you there Friday/Saturday, or Saturday/Sunday? I’m Friday/Saturday night…leaving Sunday. And one more thing…if you are set on bringing trailer with ATV? Not sure if you’ve ever been to Mille Lacs but you can just bring what you need in your truck and drive out all you need with that. Ice roads will get you out there no problem and you can migrate from those carefully. You shouldn’t need that extra load with trailer and ATV unless you want to play with it? I too have a Clam one man flip over but I’m hoping it’s not real windy as I also have a large Clam hub that would be nicer. Getting there now…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Actually BK is the “cheek seeker” as he has been known to sneak into fish cleaning shacks and scavenging filleted walleye carcasses for the cheeks. We’ll slice and release all walleyes, saving the cheeks for BK. jester

As this all comes together, I plan on setting up next to or near #9, and that will be where the circus begins. Will want a consensus on who will be there Friday afternoon/evening. Saturday should be the main event. We can decide later on if we want private space for Saturday evening at the resort.

Could be fun as EPG suggests to watch IDO episode Sunday morning for breakfast at the café. yay

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Sounds like a roll call to me.

EPG is in!

bigcrappie
    Blaine

I built a little door prize for you guys going to the GTT courtesy of EPG.
    30″ walleye rod with a custom cork handle in the Vikings colors.

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2637.jpg

2. IMG_2635.jpg

3. IMG_2636.jpg

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Got a queen bed booked, not sure what #.

As of this morning the motel had one double twin motel room left for those wanting in.

404 ERROR
    MN

Redneck Jr. and I will be pulling in sometime Friday morning, most likely early to avoid rush hour in the cities. Red F-150 and Green 12′ Yetti. We will be staying until Sunday afternoon. Debating throwing my ATV in the Yetti, pending how much more snow is on the lake once the time comes.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Looks awesome bigcrappie! Thanks

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

I’ll have no problem finding you Dave, I’ll be right next to you in room #2…Blue F150. Just don’t ding my doors getting out of your truck, a silver ding on mine will not set the weekend off well. lol
    Only question…are you there Friday/Saturday, or Saturday/Sunday? I’m Friday/Saturday night…leaving Sunday. And one more thing…if you are set on bringing trailer with ATV? Not sure if you’ve ever been to Mille Lacs but you can just bring what you need in your truck and drive out all you need with that. Ice roads will get you out there no problem and you can migrate from those carefully. You shouldn’t need that extra load with trailer and ATV unless you want to play with it?

Andy,
    Right now my plan is to fish around Fairbault Thursday on the way up. Arrive at Mille Lacs sometime Friday morning, get out and fish till check in time. I’ll be fishing thru Sunday, getting off the lake sometime Sunday afternoon.

My ATV and flip over both fit into my trailer. My flip over won’t fit in my truck because the back end is fitted with a topper, table, stove and bed bunk (it’s my solo camper). I may also be using the ATV to access several Aitkin area lakes on Monday thru Wednesday after the GTG.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

So we just gonna keep using screenames for simplicity sake up there? jester

Start a thread of GTG live? Or start a massive group text? Want to be able to know who’s catching fish, and where… whistling

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I was thinking the same thing, we need to communicate in real time.

I need to know where to run-n-gun and no sending me on a wild goose chase either. laugh

And I’m really not Eelpoutguy that’s just my screen name.
    My real name is Brad.

Attachments:
    1. eelpoutguy.jpg

Swivel digger
    NULL

I think I might try to make it up to this. I would be interested in learning more about the Lake and trying to figure out walleye. If I do I’ll be in a gray Ram with a tan/black castle. Feel free to stop in and share your knowledge and a cocktail.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

So we just gonna keep using screenames for simplicity sake up there? jester

Start a thread of GTG live? Or start a massive group text? Want to be able to know who’s catching fish, and where… whistling

Well I have already resolved that personally by marrying my screenname with my real name. I did debate though if I should have name tag stickers available, so that you can stick that on your shirt or coat with your…”Forum name”?
    I do think/expect that as this comes closer, we’ll have a tighter circle of communication. I still picture a base camp inside fish house #9…ha, actually within that immediate vicinity is where I’ll start. That will give a destination for us to gather or check in. It will also be the amusement park area with the games, rides, and petting zoo. laugh

This is still evolving but it looks like for sure all that are attending will be there Saturday. Weather again being the wild card, I could see a cookout or brat/beer or whatever food fun out there midday. I think Merican Eagle will be bringing goose chili?

More things though for me/us to decide. Some or any of us going in for dinner Friday night? Found out they only do pizza and beer at the Waypoint. For me one night okay, pizza 2 nights? Steve at Red Door offered their event room to us “pro bono”. Maybe use that Saturday evening? And we might like some kind of dinner. I’ll find out more about options on that. It would be fun to have the group gather Saturday evening to celebrate the weekends epic catches and collect their trophies.

Meanwhile, don’t forget to bring your best Marcum, Vexilar, Strikemaster, Jiffy, or Ion?…for the Ice Olympics… peace

And yes, there will be fishing…I’ll be fishing!

MNdrifter

I should be up 7:00 ish Friday. Not sure who’s coming with me. Could be my boys, could be guys weekend, Mrs Drifter even expressed interest in a getaway weekend. We’ll see. But I am 99% sure I’ll be there. I stayed home this weekend, but I’m Jonesing bad for a rattle reel to go off tonight. Maybe I’ll go to a local lake tomorrow and spend the night. I LOVE sleeping out on the ice.

pool2fool
    Inactive
    St. Paul, MN

Me and ice don’t mix but this petting zoo sounds darned intriguing.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m open for anything and using #9 for “home base/ice breaker” is perfectly fine with me.
    I do suggest that if we head into the Door on Sat night, let’s play it by ear depending on the bite.

I’m planning on being up there Friday around noon or so.

FWIW – I can bring my Otter resort hub if someone needs a day shelter. PM me if interested.

I am also bringing my run-n-gun rig and am willing to go anywhere on the pond for a LUNKER! anywhere!

Bigcrappies custom rod will go to the biggest EYE. gotta have a legit pic or it didn’t happen. whistling

Swivel digger
    NULL

EPG, I’ll be fishing by myself most likely so I may have to set up close to #9 so I can holler for you to come over and take a pic in the middle of the night so I can claim the winnings peace lol

mrpike1973

This just gets better and better. Ms. pike can’t wait to go either. She is a ice fishing trooper. We both hope to catch a few walleyes, and pike would be fun.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Andy, you able to rub elbows up there and get Mr. Steve Fellegy to do a teeny tiny Friday night fish seminar on mille lacs winter eyes??

I’d be more than willing to chip in some dough for tips from the Pro for it.

MNdrifter

Andy, you able to rub elbows up there and get Mr. Steve Fellegy to do a teeny tiny Friday night fish seminar on mille lacs winter eyes??

AWSOME idea! Pretty pretty please, with shiners on top……. wave I’m inn for that also!!! Like I said I won’t be up until 7:00pmish, don’t start without me!!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

AWSOME idea! Pretty pretty please, with shiners on top……. wave I’m inn for that also!!! Like I said I won’t be up until 7:00pmish, don’t start without me!!!
    [/quote]

I’m pretty sure I’ll have my 30″er on the ice by then. laugh

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I’m open for anything and using #9 for “home base/ice breaker” is perfectly fine with me.
    I do suggest that if we head into the Door on Sat night, let’s play it by ear depending on the bite.

EPG, for those of you with sleeper and wheelhouse…you can cook out there whenever you want. For the rest of us, we might want a warm meal after the days activities. I think yes, it would be up to whoever what they might want to do. The one thing though would be if I arranged for the meeting room with Red Door…I’d hate to have them set that up for us and then have no one show up. I suppose we could just plan on the café for pizza and then we will not have committed ourselves to anything.

Well…? Steve never really did that type of thing to begin with and furthermore, he has kind of taken his life more private now. ???

What I was actually hoping for was one of the IDO TV personalities to make an appearance. We have a perfect “in-house” candidate in Will Roseberg. He has appeared in at least 2 of the IDO episodes on Mille Lacs. Would love to have the @MalmoMafioso make an appearance and put on a little clinic for us. I’m wondering though, the fact that he has not posted anything on this thread yet that he ain’t coming. sad

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

EPG, for those of you with sleeper and wheelhouse…you can cook out there whenever you want. For the rest of us, we might want a warm meal after the days activities. I think yes, it would be up to whoever what they might want to do. The one thing though would be if I arranged for the meeting room with Red Door…I’d hate to have them set that up for us and then have no one show up. I suppose we could just plan on the café for pizza and then we will not have committed ourselves to anything.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

Well…? Steve never really did that type of thing to begin with and furthermore, he has kind of taken his life more private now. ???

What I was actually hoping for was one of the IDO TV personalities to make an appearance. We have a perfect “in-house” candidate in Will Roseberg. He has appeared in at least 2 of the IDO episodes on Mille Lacs. Would love to have the @MalmoMafioso make an appearance and put on a little clinic for us. I’m wondering though, the fact that he has not posted anything on this thread yet that he ain’t coming. sad
    [/quote]

You said “cook out there” rotflol rotflol rotflol

Oh! – I’ll be cookin, that’s for sure. wink wink

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>nhamm wrote:</div>

[/quote]

You said “cook out there” rotflol rotflol rotflol

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Well being that you just double posted…I’m thinking you’re already “cookin” right now today. lol

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

LOL – Don’t know how that happened.

Nope, working on Fireplace stone at the cabin. Hoping to be done by tomorrow night. Natural stone is p a i n f u l l y slow.

Attachments:
    1. Fireplace.jpg

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

LOL – Don’t know how that happened.

Nope, working on Fireplace stone at the cabin. Hoping to be done by tomorrow night. Natural stone is p a i n f u l l y slow.

I’m sure it would go a lot quicker if you weren’t laying down on your side. Don’t think we can’t see that 12 pack of Corona’s? razz

MNdrifter

I’m pretty sure I’ll have my 30″er on the ice by then. laugh
    [/quote]

I figured I’d better give you a head start. I wouldn’t want to embarrass you. Your mommy might call my mommy. bawling bawling
    If my boys come, look out everyone. They’ve been the lucky ones this year. The IDO stars might ask them to be on next weeks show after they mop up a bunch of grown men.

Attachments:
    1. B3CE8925-6494-4355-9228-EBE74BDF2364.jpeg

2. 7515DD4F-3379-4A5F-9BFD-1D3AB2765466.jpeg

3. 632CE760-377E-41D3-B7B2-667F7CD57195.jpeg

4. 260335E8-C261-4FE7-873C-C00736AA5BA9.jpeg

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.