IDO ICE FISHING GTG MILLE LACS 2018

• Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Let’s try this again. Many of you know of last years disappointment. sad

It has been decided to try for February 16-17 weekend. Or rather that has been set.
    The host resort again will be Red Door on the north shore. I have been in touch with them and they are very excited to try to host this again.

This, like last year is not officially sponsored or promoted by In-Depth Outdoors and is only an informal event bringing IDO fans and forum members together for a planned event. (Hopefully I have given proper disclosure as to not place any liability on In-Depth Outdoors… smile )

Red Door does still have occupancy for motel rooms, cabins, and sleeper fish house rentals for those hoping for those accommodations. They did warn that those openings may begin to fill once the ice season commences soon.

Hopefully there will be door prizes and there will be a planned social gathering Friday and Saturday evening at the resort.

This is still fluid and more details will be developed as we find out how many may be attending and what suggestions/plans may be offered by others’ that will be attending.

Well, that’s the start…hoping to have a good showing and will be looking forward to meeting some more IDO member’s in person. wave

MNdrifter

71 days. But who’s counting EPG? moon

MNdrifter

Unless momma has a surprise 36th birthday party bash planned I most definitely will be there. Typical though. Day late/dollar short. I was born on the 15th. Thank god though, or else my name was going to be Valentino. No lie. Good story I’ll probably tell after a few blue smoothies (bush light). Hope a bunch of you can come!
    toast Drifter.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

Is there any code or name we drop at Red Door for the event to get special pricing in rooms wave

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

#2 is due to arrive on March 10, pretty sure I can’t make this.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

#2 is due to arrive on March 10, pretty sure I can’t make this.

My #2s due to arrive in the mornings. moon
    Mille lacs ain’t that far away….day tripper!

404 ERROR
    MN

Checking with the game warden as we speak. Not sure if she’ll issue me a permit.

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

IN! Was really bummed when it didn’t work out last year. Putting it on the calendar now so the wife can’t make other plans for me. mrgreen

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Checking with the game warden as we speak. Not sure if she’ll issue me a permit.

This is one time I’d flaunt the rules and worry about the permit after the fact. devil devil

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Thanks for planning this year Andy! I will try and make it up on Saturday if the Warden and Fishing Buddy in training can manage two weekends in a row. Have an annual trip to LOW the weekend before…

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Thanks for planning this year Andy! I will try and make it up on Saturday if the Warden and Fishing Buddy in training can manage two weekends in a row. Have an annual trip to LOW the weekend before…

Really hoping to see you there Kory. And to point out, even though the event is planned over 2 days, the idea is that some may only be able to make one day. And even at that, an overnight stay is not required. Just hoping to get a good gathering together.

For any of you looking overnight accommodations, here is Red Door website.

http://www.thereddoorresort.com/

Motel rooms are $70 a night, cabins and fish house pricing varies. Steve at Red Door offered this…“Beer and food options will be available. Meeting room will be pro bono.”

404 ERROR
    MN

My permit has been issued! Jr and I will be in attendance this year! We were planning on it last year, but ended up in the boat all weekend on the river.

We’ll be in my wheelhouse. Hoping to head up a few times before to get an idea of where to setup. Are we wanting to get setup in the near vicinity like was discussed last year?

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I’m calling up this morning to reserve lucky #13.
    woot woot woot woot woot woot woot woot

70 Days. MNthunderstealer rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

ps Thanks Andy, and I still have 5 IDO hoodies for door prizes from last year.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I didn’t end up with lucky 13 but I did get number 9.They are pretty booked up, up there .
    I suggest people call up there early because she said her phone is ringing off the hook

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Let’s try this again. Many of you know of last years disappointment. be attending.

Well, that’s the start…hoping to have a good showing and will be looking forward to meeting some more IDO member’s in person. wave

Just booked a two person motel room,,,,,,,,,,,,,now to find a partner to drive up with from Shell Rock Iowa area.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

Are we wanting to get setup in the near vicinity like was discussed last year?

I would hope so, the idea of a GTG is to “get together”. I picture a general gathering out there somewhere on the ice. I also would expect there will be those that would want to venture out on their own looking for the prize fishes. Perhaps some will employ “ice trolling”, drilling holes all the way to Castaway’s. lol

Back at the “village” there may be some of us entertaining ourselves with auger drilling contests or Vexilar vrs Marcum flasher face offs. Maybe a chili cook off? We’ll see how it flows.

We would still plan on a social gathering back at Red Door at least Saturday afternoon/evening for “bragging”, door prizes, refreshments and food if there are enough of us interested.

Just booked a two person motel room,,,,,,,,,,,,,now to find a partner to drive up with from Shell Rock Iowa area.

I just booked my room too. Hope you don’t snore too loud, think I’m in the room next to you. Looking forward to meeting you Dave.

saugeye-steve

Be sure that there is a solid 60 in. of good ice if pulling the Vikings bandwagon out there.

jester coffee

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

just booked my room too. Hope you don’t snore too loud, think I’m in the room next to you. Looking forward to meeting you Dave.

Depends,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, bring ear plugs. I booked room #1

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Be sure that there is a solid 60 in. of good ice if pulling the Vikings bandwagon out there.

jester coffee

We only need 52 waytogo

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Saturday –
    I’m thinking Beef Stick Bloody Mary’s at House #9 Saturday morning after the morning bite. 10:00am?

Hot dog boil at about the same time. (Boiled in Hamms beer of course) Kids welcome. If needed we can boil those in H20.

Early afternoon have Auger expo. (Mr. Hamm can give an exhibition on how to properly ride an auger)

5:00 pm The ceremonial hoisting of the 2017 Vikings Super Bowl Trophy. (All our friends from the eastern part of Minsconsin are welcome to come and celebrate with us)

Sunday –
    8:00 am Watch IDO.

8:31 Use what we just learned to catch fish! woot

Jamin
    Hudson, WI

I have a motel reserved. Trying to get a few buddies together and talked to Lynn about a cabin and they were all reserved. I/We will be up Sat and Sun.

Heading to one of the southern bays next Sat to get this season started. yay

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This, like last year is not officially sponsored or promoted by In-Depth Outdoors and is only an informal event bringing IDO fans and forum members together for a planned event. (Hopefully I have given proper disclosure as to not place any liability on In-Depth Outdoors…

Beautifully done. bow

mbenson
    Minocqua, WI

Andy Cox, sure would like to make it over from Mercer, WI… but that is the weekend of the WI High School Ice Fishing Championships which are being hosted this year On the Minocqua Chain…

Mark

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

57 Days

My Firehouse tip-ups just arrived yesterday! woot

castle-rock-clown

Hmm, coming all the way from Milwaukee, it’s quite a haul for a weekend…but maybe if I also attend the poutfest the weekend after it just might give me the bang for the buck I’m looking for.

IceNEyes1986
    Harris, MN

Saturday –
    I’m thinking Beef Stick Bloody Mary’s at House #9 Saturday morning after the morning bite. 10:00am?

Hot dog boil at about the same time. (Boiled in Hamms beer of course) Kids welcome. If needed we can boil those in H20.

Early afternoon have Auger expo. (Mr. Hamm can give an exhibition on how to properly ride an auger)

5:00 pm The ceremonial hoisting of the 2017 Vikings Super Bowl Trophy. (All our friends from the eastern part of Minsconsin are welcome to come and celebrate with us)

Sunday –
    8:00 am Watch IDO.

8:31 Use what we just learned to catch fish! woot

This will be a fun event, But I think I’ll be hanging with EPG all day. toast

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

IceNEyes –
    All are welcome, especially my friends from Wisconsin.
    They can help with the SB victory celebration. Wearing purple is recommended, but not required. toast

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

ps Thanks Andy, and I still have 5 IDO hoodies for door prizes from last year.

If this is true, how did you end up with them? No matter I guess, if you have ’em…bring ’em. Were there any other unused door prizes left over from last year’s (non) event?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 268 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.