Gulp minnows

• mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

I tried the gulp 1″ minnows the other day. I threaded them on a small jig. The crappies loved them. Out fished live bait 4 to 1 and also out fished any other lure combo. The fish hit so much that I ended up throwing the minnow away because it was so tore up. Used one on a small spoon and it worked well there too. I bet using them instead of a minnow head for perch and walleye would work.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I love them things now

In case you missed it – Gulp Alive

I have also been soaking CJ&S Wedgees and ratso tails in the solution. I believe the scent adds to enticing the bite

My biggest crappie yesterday hit a slender spoon with the Gulp Minnow dangling off the treble hook.

Cool stuff, thanks for sharing!

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I tried them on a 1/16 jig in the early Wisconsin trout season and they went nuts over them so I do have confidence in them. I’m going to pick some up and try them next time I hit the ice. Thanks for the good reviews.

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Thanks Bret. I missed that one. I don’t think I need to buy any live minnows now. The fish were bigger also.

bofferdahl
    Maple Grove, MN

I have been using these for both summer and ice fishing with great success. I also use the Gulp minnow head. If the Gulp minnow head doesn’t do the trick, I switch to the 1″ minnow. I usually have more success with these than live minnows for crappie and walleye. I have greater success with the small Gulp bait, but find that fish occassionally prefer the live bait.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

The Gulp Alive Earth worm looks delicious also. Anyone try them yet?

mower
    Wisconsin, Outagamie

Not yet. Just wondering. Who tasted gulp alive to see if it tastes like the real thing? Looks, feels and tastes like the real thing.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I tried the minnows yesterday with no success. I rigged them on the slenderspoon and a Diamond head. But the fish were not too eager to bite much of anything. Heading out this afternoon to try again!

JasonP
    Twin Cities

Now they just need to make ones that glow.

CaptRickHiott
    Charleston,SC

I use the Gulp Alive in salt water a lot,,,,and they work just as good.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Now they just need to make ones that glow.

They have Chartreuse and a Bright Red colr in the 1/2″ Fish Fry that looks like a Ratso body! Going to try them this weekend

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.