#5 from URL

• joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Well just got back from URL and the action is hot. Went out from West Winds on Saturday about 3.5 miles out. Once me and my partner got the sleeper down we went to work drilling holes and stayed on the move until we hooked up with fish. This is a lot of work and at the end of the day you have covered alot of ground. Ended up on Saturday with 12 slabs and some nice eyes. Sunday morning we went to work drilling holes and this time we hit the one we were looking for. After icing 5 slabs we moved the sleeper and parked right on top of our little honey hole and proceeded to put the smack down on the monster slabs. From 9-11 am we iced 37 of these monsters. It semmed that these hogs prefered very small minnows but the hot jig was a small glow demon with green or pink tipped with a minnow head. in the evening the fish seemed to prefer larger glow angel eyes or buckshot spoons tipped with minnow head. Monday morning was also good to us so we decided to pack up and beat the bad weather of freezing rain home. Roads are in bad condition on the lake. They would have been ok if we only had the portables and not the sleepers. There is alot of standing water on the ice some of it is pretty deep. I was glad to see shoreline that day because I was kind of beginning to think we might be getting stuck that day!

Tight lines #5

herb
    6ft under

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

Great report, makes we reconsider what I am doing here at work.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

way to smack’em, was up 2 weeks ago. did just fine, but did not have it as good as you did. my best bait was also the glow demon, and using small minnows. heard it does get very good well into March. have to go to CA tomorrow, may have to think about another trip the mid of march. Jack.

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Hey herb, I believe you have mistaken me for yourself, I was wondering how you can even see this post being your head has still not been removed. Fishing is a sport to be enjoyed by everyone, lets follow the rules, practice CPR, and help each other have as much fun as we can. URL is no well kept secret so it only makes sense Herb that when you are out there with 10000 people every weekend you can’t see what is going on around you!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

J#5, I think you mistook Herb’s message from his signature. His message was “ ” Not the quote below it.

Believe me, Herb knows “Fishing is a sport to be enjoyed by everyone, lets follow the rules, practice CPR, and help each other have as much fun as we can.”

‘nuff said.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Wow was that a big mis-understanding…lol

joeyno5
    Rochester MN.

Sorry Herb on the misunderstanding, usually whenever I put up a post I get someone who PM’s me and says how this website and people like myself are killing fishing. I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong so sorry for the misunderstanding Herb.

herb
    6ft under

No sweat #5. If we ever meet up you can buy my a cold one and we’ll be even.
    Blue Fleck and Slop Bass-Dudes,I love ya man!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

If it involves free beer, I may start a few misunderstandings of my own!

drjurisz

I am going to be up at red lake in the spring or summer months. I am a casual fisherperson looking for tips to the lake. What types of fish will we be landing? What will there be to do in Red Lake? What else should I know before I get up there?

newt
    Pillager, MN

Hey Gianni what did you say about my Mother?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I think he said she wear’s army boots! LOL

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The horse I rode in on???

What about him?

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I’m just wondering how the fishing has been up on Upper Red lately? I’ll be up there the weekend of 3/27 going out of West Wind. How’s the ice up there?

Thanks,

Matt

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.