Ice fishing suit?

• RSN32

Looking to buy a ice fishing suit, from your guys experiance witch is the best one on the market looking for durability, warmth, comfort an all around good suit and to also use open water fishing. Thanks, Ryan

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

You’re new here aren’t ya? Snosuit! These bad boys! are the bomb! Hope ya find what ya need and welcome to the site

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Quote:

Looking to buy a ice fishing suit, from your guys experiance witch is the best one on the market looking for durability, warmth, comfort an all around good suit and to also use open water fishing. Thanks, Ryan

I have and use the SNOSUIT. But unless you are fishing pool 4 during the winter months, it might be too warm for you. Even if you use the vents. But it a GREAT product. Just make sure your fishing partner has one too. That way you won’t have to go in early when they get too cold.

FDR

E Ashwell
    Apple Valley, MN

You will rarely hear any other answer on this site than snosuit. Or you could go Cabelas Guidewear.

stevenoak

Has anyone used the new ”ice suit”. Looks designed after sno suit for half the price.Love my sno suit but jacket can be a little warm some days.Take that over cold some days anytime.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

You will rarely hear any other answer on this site than snosuit. Or you could go Cabelas Guidewear.

I agree,,, since I have purchased a snosuit i do not ware my guideware.. I have a brand new set (jacket/bibs)in XL that I have only used twice…

Love My Snosuit !!

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

I wore my Snosuit today plowing snow on the 4-wheeler temp 18 windchill -2 and came in soaked with sweat they are WARM

dwbeals
    Iowa

SNOSUIT is worth every penny. The cabelas guidewear is also a very nice cold weather suit.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

The reason that you here Snosuit on this site is because yes they are a sponsor and because these puppies are the WARMEST. I own the Snosuit and have to say I would stand behind it 100% Going on my 2nd season with the suit and dont remember being cold once and I have fished in some -10 weather very very warmly

l._goskesen
    Soutern Minnesota

i know that this can be a big snosuit place but you cant go wrong with a artic armor suit, extremley warm not bulcky at all and it floats for your safty amazing suit and warm

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I can’t imagine spending that much and getting the one that doesn’t float.

The psolar face mask is the warmest accessory I’ve ever laid hands on. Looks crazy but you need some things you can put on and take off to regulate temp so you don’t end up sweaty.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

SNOSUIT

yuppers!! Can’t go wrong

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It really depends on where, how much and how hard a person goes fishing.

If a person goes out in 30 degree weather, anything will work.

If your a person that goes out at night in the winter or when there’s a wind with below zero wind chills…or just don’t want to have to worry about the cold…might want to test drive a SnoSuit. I’m just saying…

Quote:

Looks crazy but …

I’m not so sure about that crazy part….

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

I picked up a pair of the ice armor bibs this year for $99.99. Good price for a very good pair of bibs. I really like the pockets on them, plus the padded knees are awesome. I wear a columbia jacket with layers underneath for my own “snow suit.” Personally I don’t like to stand out on the ice but also I don’t like to be wearing the same thing that everyone else and their brother is wearing. I feel that, though I’m sure snosuit is amazing, there is a whole lot of product pushing going on these days…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

there is a whole lot of product pushing going on these days…

Could be.

I poo pooed Sno Suit when I first heard about them too. Then Dean at Everts let me use his demo. I told the FW that I was going to get them, but I had to wait until after Christmas. My daughter and wife bought a pair for Christmas for me.

Why did I want a pair? Because if you want to stay warm and not have to even think about getting cold there’s only one answer.

Since you mentioned pockets and padded knees, I can tell you’ve never worn them.

If you see a guy on P2 with just the bibs on in 20 degree weather, that’s Mike W’s way of “pushing product”.

Try Deans demo pair on the water, we would love to have you as a “product pusher” too!

They aren’t for everyone, there are people that will say it’s too cold to go outside.

See more IDO Fishing Videos!

bofferdahl
    Maple Grove, MN

I own a an Arctic Armor suit that I have used in the spring fishing in the rain and all winter last year. I love my suit. Keeps me warm and dry, is not bulky and floats if I take a plunge. I have not tried the other suits and have no reason to at this point.

sandmannd

I’m all Arctic Armour. I bought my suit a few years ago. I sweat when pushing snow outside but I’m warm as heck. I wear it spring, fall and of course winter. I got the camo so I use it for hunting. The biggest selling point is it floats you. If I’m going to spend over three bills for a suite the fact that it floats made it an easy choice.

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Snosuit hands down i let my wife use my coat one day that was a big mistake hahaha now i’m getting her a coat for Christmas

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I ponied up for a snosuit this year. I like bibs they are easier to manage for comfort. The only thing I don’t like about them is I feel like a walking Frabil billboard. they were not content just embroidering “FRABIL” the front, they had to do the back as well. If I pay that much for a snosuit, the least they could do would be to put my name on it instead of theirs. Nice fishing suit though. Very comfortable and almost too warm.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

If I pay that much for a snosuit, the least they could do would be to put my name on it instead of theirs.

Suggestion box!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

A big to IDO for pushing quality products like SnoSuit.

SnoSuit will keep you warm and it will help you catch more fish.

As far as cost its like compairing a lexus to a Feista. Both are going to get you there but one you are going to enjoy a whole lot more than the other.

herb
    6ft under

Black hooded sweatshirt. Absorbs sunlight like no other. Really bad days brings out the GameHide unlined wind and water proof parka.
    Dang it! There I go, pushing product!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.