pool 13 crappies

• tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Had to do a seminar at Bucks Barn over the weekend and snuck away for a little crappie fishin’ down at Mickelson’s Landing. Outsmarted myself early on and headed for the nether reaches of mallard bay. Channel is already silted in back there to 5-6 ft. in most places caught a couple of gills and small bass. Returned to the landing where there were quite a few tents and started working that #2 purple Rembrandt. Nine real nice crappies in an hour before time to go to work.

saxquatch
    Savanna, IL

Saw the seminar and it was very informative. I’ve tried to find Mickelson’s Landing before but no luck. I was wondering if you could help me out. Any info would be very helpfull. Thanks.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

crappieguy once you’ve turned off the hwy. onto the lock and dam road there is a fish market right there on the corner continue down that road towards the dam 50 to 100 yds.there is a road to your right follow it down it will run along the tracks when you get to the end where they stop plowing you’ll see a sign that says private drive and right after that there will be another road follow that road all the way back to michelsons about a mile.I was there yesterday caught alot of small gills there was a few nice ones in there but the little ones would usually get to your bait first,didn’t see 1- crappie caught. Good Luck:::::

tedpeck
    Genoa Wi

Bigjigger–didya try vectoring west from the landing to the channel off of mallard bay? Stay fairly close to the peninsula which lies essentially straight out from Mickelson’s landing on the west side. There are a row of duck blinds there, with the channel maybe 10 yards out in front of them. the end of the dredge is near the north end of mallard bay out from a beaver hut. Water here is only about six feet deep now, with a good 11 inches of clear ice. didn’t do worth a hoot here after my seminar…but this is usually where i catch em when the fish start to go. I’m hoping this warming trend will get fish going. It’s been pretty much hit or miss for me on pool 13. the best times seem to be about 930-1030 am and 2-330 pm. glow Genz worms and black rembrandts seem to work pretty well for the crappies when they feel like eating.

bigjigger2002
    Pearlcity , Illinois

tedpeck is that where you fish at then

On my hotspot map it shows the dredge line shaped like a Y at the North end with water in the 6-7-8 even 10ft. range is this the area you are talking about?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.