FL-20 Question

• mydogcarl
    Johnston, IA

Got a deal a couple of weeks ago on a Vex FL-20, and tried it out for the first time on Saturday. I like the unit; however, I am pretty frustrated that it picks up my fireline and creates ‘clutter’ on a lot of the screen. I have the gain set as low as it will go (barely picking up my ice jig) and it still produces ‘clutter’. I spoke with another FL_20 user over the weekend, and he indicates his unit does the same thing (just with Fireline)? Anybody else experience this? I have never had an issue with my FL-18 or LX-5 picking up the Fireline.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

I have experienced this using fireline w/ my LX-5 but it’s typically due to small amounts of ice building up on the line. Sometimes even with no ice on the line I still experience it a little.

Normally it’s very minor and doesn’t bother me though.

huntfishhastings
    Hastings, MN

Ive never noticed this with my unit, but I have noticed that sometimes my buddy and I will have the same jig same line and same dual beam fl20 and have our gain at drastically diffrent places. Both on 9deg cone. Not sure what causes this but wow is the new screen better than the old one. You can pick up marks on your buddies across the house.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.