First Rainy Lake Trip

• g-no
    Minnesota

Fished up at Rainy Lake over the weekend for the first time. If any of you want to get away from the crowds and enjoy some beautiful scenery…Rainy is definately the place to go! If you haven’t seen a map of Rainy, it’s one of those lakes where you don’t know where to start because it has amazing structure everywhere. We picked some spots, drilled a lot of holes in the two days we were there, and ran into a few small saugers and eelpout You don’t realize how long it takes to pack up your equipment in order to make a move if you are not finding fish. You can only fish so many places in a day, and Rainy has lots of places to fish. We run the top of the line electronics and utilize lakemaster chips with GPS’s…and my advice for anyone going up there for the first time, spend some time with a guide. It may cost you a little extra money, but it will be well worth it in the long run! Heading back in a month…Rainydaze is already programmed in the phone! See you in March Chris!!

arklite881south

Hey G-NO!! Rainy Lake is a pretty Complex fishery as you likely found out. As unbelievable as the fishing can be it can be equally humbling for anglers at times. I believe since there is so much structure that looks good it is often tough to eliminate dead water fast enough before your trip is over. Having a finger on the pulse of the bite allows active guides to get customers on the best available bite at the time, and then customers can use that knowledge the rest of the trip. Look forward to meeting you G-NO!! Sounds like you have all the right tools, and just need some inside information!! Feel free to PM me to set something up. I’ve got a few ideas for ya I’ll be out on the water today, but back in this evening again. Hoping ot promote another angler to the Rainydaze “Donk Hunter”

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Thanks for the report

happycampin
    New Richmond, WI

Can’t wait to head up there the end of March with ya! I feel very confident that the Rainy Lake Master “RainyDaze” is going to help make it a trip we won’t forget.

Ryan

ErikOsberg
    Wadena, MN

I don’t mean to sound like a salesman, but I agree that there’s nothing wrong with hiring a pro to show you a few pointers. Our first ever trip to Rainy was in the summer of 04, we hired a guide, he even let a couple of our boats tag along for a little extra $. It’s not that we hammered them that day, but he showed us about 6 different spots. We’ve gone back every year and some of those spots still produce. But we’ve started to add some new spots on our own now. It’s just kinda nice to know you’ve got 2 or 3 honey holes where you should catch somethin.

I would also agree that ice fishing Rainy is one of the coolest adventures available. We were the only ones in all of Saginaw Bay last time I went. Not a soul in sight. Kinda like the Boundary Waters, except you get a motor.

CC to Rainydaze… You keep livin the good life for the rest of us sinners down here. The camera & I will be up there one of these days. I just gotta “make” time.

Erik Osberg
    218-251-8306

arklite881south

I’ll do my best!! Would this do?? From yesterday. 2lbs 9 oz!! Send me a PM, and we’ll work out the details.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

What a tank! What was the length on that one?

g-no
    Minnesota

Every night til we leave I’ll be counting giant crappies in my mind instead of sheep…pm to come shortly! Awesome Fish!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.