Big Winnie last weekend

• sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Well we had a wonderful weekend of fishing but the fish were less than cooperative. -24F Saturday morning and sunny. Found a few perch jumping around from 22-36 ft out from highbanks. Also a couple pike on the tipups. Lots of people out and the wardens were checking too. Remember if coming to MN you need to have a license for your portables!! A few guys from SE WI found out the hard way.($$$) Sunday was snowing and blowing around 1F. The bite was better but with 5 guys we only got about 3 limits of perch and a few more pike. Not a good day for moving around so never found the eyes. Never hit the mid lake humps though either. Ice is beautiful, near 30″ and with the cold I’d suggest having the extension along in the future. When we left Mon morning it was still snowing with a good 6″ already down. Driving will be a little more difficult now. I got around fine both days with an Aerostar van.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Thanks for the report. I fished the Mid-lake Sunday AM on my way home from Red and caught 15 jumbos in a hour of fishing. The conditions were tough so I fished out of my vehicle. I found the fish in 30 ft of water. You really had to work them, but they couldn’t resist that 1/8 ounce Red Glow Devil.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.