January 31, 2004 Blue Fleck Invitational

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

If anyone needs to get ahold of us…..Feel free to call my cell.. 608-386-5434……I’m packing up and heading out..SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Ahh…I just love cleaning up the mess after filleting @ a dozen gills . ( 2 of which was actually mine. ), the rest were most graciously donated by the rest of the gang.

Met up w/JohnL and MossBoss at 6:30- & 6:45 and off we went. Only took about 10 minutes to get there, but BOY WAS IT COLD setting up all the equipment …holy cow. I’ve never had my goatee freeze solid before. First time meeting John today and it was a pleasure. Great guy!!, and finding out he only lives 5 minutes from my house, i’m sure we’ll be doing some more fishing in the near future.

BlueFleck showed up a touch later and Crawford made the nice 3 hr. trip to join us as well. I know the picture is a bit blurry, but as you can see, JC was ECSTATIC TO BE THERE!!

StillaKid showed up w/Jake a bit later and joined the fun. Once again, Great guys …i’m glad they were able to make the trip. I think Jake was giving Kid a lesson on setting the hook

All in all it was a good time….We managed to catch some fish here and there, but I was in good company….so it was awesome….

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

What time did you guys leave there? I went by at around 4:30 , I was supposed to be back by noon. My planning did not go as planned, as usual. Hauling the boat to Lansing went waaaay longer than expected . Sounds like everybody had a good time . How was the ice there and how deep were you fishing? The weather turned out pretty good later in the day .

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I think Jake was giving Kid a lesson on setting the hook

Know the feeling Jake…I gave Kid a few lessions too….

Sure wish I could have made it!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

Know the feeling Jake…I gave Kid a few lessons too….

i think i may have heard something about those lessons .

the first annual BFI was truely a great time…..not quite the turn out that was expected, but that can be expected . at least there were a few fish around.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I would like to thanks everyone that showed up this last Saturday. It was a great time even though the fish were a little less than cooperative. Hopefully we can do that again real soon. Here are a few pics from the days events.

Dan(MossBoss) and Jeremiah(Slopbass) setting up for the morning. It sure was cold that morning.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Jake’s positive the fishing will be great!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Looks like he was right!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Here’s Slopbass with a Lawrence Lake ‘gill.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

It was nice and toasty in the Frabill all day!! Even though it took 3 propane tanks to keep it that way.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Here’s another Lawrence Lake ‘gill.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Group photo time!

John Luebker

I just wanted to say it was nice meeting everyone too. Great group of guys to go fishing with. Hopefully we can get together again sometime and I will have the hot hole in my shack Like I said, great bunch of guys and I highly recommend coming to any outing that gets all these guys together there will definetly be some laughs.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Nice and toasty is the understatement of the year for that Frabil. The thing was a sauna!! I think the ice was melting under it. The heat even drew in a dogfish!!!

Probably the first time I intentionally undertook an outdoor activity with an actual air temp of -20.

Any time you can get a good bunch of guys together like that it is fun. Nice meeting you John, Jake, and Kid!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

It was worth the trip to be able to meet everyone! Granted, I tried to muscle Jake into telling me his penguin secret by threatening to leave without him but he did outfish me and out of respect for that, I gave him a ride home.

Briank, have you been teaching Jake how to do those hooksets? You know, those ones that launch jigs from the riprap and mach .5!!! It’s one thing to hear a guy miss and say, “AWWwww!”, but when you hear “THWACK!” on the roof of the shelter and THEN a “Dang it!”…………I think the term rambunctious begins to qualify as an accurate description!

Generous, fun-loving group of guys and I do believe we WILL have to do this again. I know I won’t do this for this year but I had enough fun that I’m gettin’ the urge to buy a portable shelter! YIKES!!!

The only thing that bugs me is that I didn’t get to hang around all you quality fishermen long enough!

Next time……………Jake’s goin’ down!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Sure wish I could have made it! Just to see Jake’s bucket live (was there any “Self Proclaimed Pro Staffer” litter in it?) Also, to see the kid out fished…don’t happen too often.

Quote:

Next time……………Jake’s goin’ down!

Looks like a line has been etched in the ice?!

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.