January 31, 2004 Blue Fleck Invitational

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

For all those wondering when and where the Blue Fleck Invitational is. It will be held on upper Lawrence Lake Saturday Jan. 31. I plan on being down there around sunrise. I have a Maroon Dodge Dakota Quad-Cab. It has an In-Depth Decal on the back window. I will have my Frabill XLTwin with so you can find me.

According to reports, the fishing has been steady with nice Crappies and Sunfish coming out of the deeper water. The weather forecast shows it to be a great day for fishing and meeting new people.

If anyone needs directions or has any other questions feel free to PM me.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

You know I’ll be there Ice Drinking.
    jc

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’ll bring the bait….umm…err…Beer

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

See You There !!

Any Rules !!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

See You There !!

Any Rules !!

Rules – No ice skates (for safety reasons!!)

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Where is Lawrence Lake?

Gator Hunter

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Lawrence Lake is south of La Crescent MN. It is a boundary water so there is no need to purchase a non-resident lic. But, you have to abide by the special MN regulations put in place. They include a 10 sunfish bag limit. Fishing 3 poles is a no-no too.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Blue Fleck

Can you give me some directions to the lake? I may make the drive down Saturday. It will be nice to meet some of you guys.
    Thanks.

Gator Hunter

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

A special note on the BFI Saturday. For anyone interested, there will be a $10 tourney based on fish caught. It’s not yet finalized but, the categories should look something like this: Biggest Sunfish, Biggest Crappie, Total Bag weight-Sunfish(10 fish), Biggest tip-up fish, and Smallest fish(I’m sure Jeremy will win this!) Keep in mind, entering the tourney is not an obligation. Just a way to spice things up a bit. I will be bringing 6 tip ups for people to use too. If you don’t have the equipment for ice fishing, there will be plenty of rods to use too.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

We can drive on Lawrence now, right? I was down that way a week or so ago and there were a few trucks on the ice then. How is it looking now? Also, to get to the meeting point, do we get on at the marina and head left? Thanks.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Yes, people are driving on the lake. In no way, shape, or form am I telling you to drive on the ice. Should you make the decision to drive out, drive down the ramp and head left.

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

O.K. I got “south” – I got “La Crescent” – I got “boundary waters” …. Not enough information for this Iowa Boy!!! Where do we park? Where the heck am I going? If I don’t have to work and I can find L.L. I’ll be there…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Lawrence Lake is located 2 miles north of Brownsville MN. It runs parallel with Hwy 26. If you are coming up from Iowa, follow Hwy 26 up until you see Brownsville. Keep going through B’ville and on your right 2 miles north you will see the Lawrence Lake Marina. Maybe a mile up the road from there you will see lots of cars parked along side the road and a bunch of ice houses on the ice. From Lansing, it’s pretty much a straight ride.

If you are coming from the north, follow Hwy 14-61 south to La Crescent. At the 4-way lights in La Crescent, take Hwy 16 straight through the lights out of town. The first left 2.5 miles down the road is Hwy 26. Take that left and drive roughly 5.5 miles and you should see a lake on the left side of the road.

That is where you can park. People are driving on the ice but that is solely up to you. If you choose to go that route, you’ll have to get on the ice by the Marina.

Hopefully this isn’t too confusing.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Do I have to decals on my Ice tent to fish Lawrence L.? I know their talking cold weather,,,, burrrrrrrrrrrr An Iowa fan…….

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Please excuse my crude map, but this might help

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

No tent decals required. Just a smile and a desire to catch fish. As for the cold? I may bring some firewood for a fire. Maybe we could circle the tents and create a wind break.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

if anyone from the great northland is heading down on saturday and happens to swing through winona on their way, i would love to hitch a ride with ya (and preferably a ride back )………please.

NOEL CANTU
    NE IOWA

Got the word – we will be working this Saturday!!!
    I won’t be able to make it after all… I will be looking forward to the reports and pics.
    Tight lines…

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I have to work Friday night so I won’t be able to make it. Have a great time guys.

Gator Hunter

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Other than Jake, how many of you Winona Boys need a ride?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey !! If i drive to Winona , will you give me a ride ?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Who’s fishing Saturday?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I might have to haul a boat down to Lansing in the morning, then I am going to come back and fish the Inv. I should be able to get there around noon.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

You know I’ll be there !! 6:30- 7 am !!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Just to confirm, “da Pup” will be attending and if Jake accepts the company………. will probably be dragging him down there with him.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Jake accepts…..he shall be there.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Wish I could make it…I have to take my last dog to social hour. Relatics coming too..I guess.

Still will you get the autograph of Mr Jake…the world renown Self Proclaimed Big Fish Pro Staffer when he makes his appearance?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Not only will we get his autograph….we’ll auction it off here

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.