ANybody have any experience with the marcum LX-i ?

• BenPurvis1

I just ordered one from cabelas (it should be coming any day now) and was wondering what to expect from the unit as far as how accurate it is and if it can tell the difference etween weds and the bottom when it read the depth. thanks alot, ben

orca
    Red Wing, MN

They sound like they would be great to have. I pride myself in catching fish without a vexlar or something similar. So far this ice season has been good to me with some decent fish walleye,perch and crappies. But these LXI should take the guess work out of finding transitional areas. Let me know how you like it.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Ben, the MarCum LX-i is for telling you depth. It is a super powerful (2500 watts) handheld unit. The best part of the unit is it will read actual bottom, not weeds etc. The display is on the top so you can read it looking down at it (very nice)

Also, it has a fish mode that it goes into after it detects bottom. In this mode it may read weeds/fish/etc. I really don’t use that mode, my main concern is the depth. You will be happy with this unit. It still takes a little water to read through the ice (or some spit). I use my LX-i all the time, even thru thick ice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.