Pool 10 GTG Pix !!

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:
    The best days to fish are those that end in “Y”
    -This was NOT a passage out of the book of Jeremiah – It’s a quote from Jeremiah.

Have to thank BrianK for pointing this out to me ..It never occurred to me that my signature might have people thinking that Jeremiah was just the person who that quote came from…If you look now, you can see i’ve added something to it..Thanks B~

Quote:

Bass fishermen are ok too…at least Slop Bass and Moss Boss

Also..you were too kind in your posting Brian…It was a pleasure to meet you also….

I think the hardest part about meeting people was trying to determine who was w/In-depth and who were locals …I told you we needed nametags!!!! Next time i’ll be sure to try and introduce myself to everyone ….I think I met most everyone that was posted in the pictures…

Quote:

Does anyone happen to know who the long legged dude in the green guide wear was kicking my fish towards the “community pile”?

Herb—I hope that wasn’t me …I know that i kicked a few “ROGUE” ‘gills/crappies towards BigB and Big Fish Dude’s massive pile of fish ..Sorry

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

…I know that i kicked a few “ROGUE” ‘gills/crappies towards BigB and Big Fish Dude’s massive pile of fish ..Sorry

You mean BFD did not catch all of these fish???!!! And I thought he was the crappie fishing guru!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I think we might have to make arrangments for some first reponders or an ambulance to be at the next GTG’s?

DeeZee on the tube behind the boat!

DeeZee on skates behind the scratcher!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just a little off topic…but that’s me and it did happen at the GTG.
    When Steve toted me back to the landing and left for the next haul. There was a family of at least five loading up their equipment. One of them asked me what the cost of having Steve and his ATV bring you back.

I gave them the short version of what a GTG was and that there wasn’t a charge for this service. The more I explained what the GTG was and IDA, the more interested they seemed. To the point of asking for the web address.

If you folk are reading this post…register and either post a note here or send me a private message. If you don’t like the info..you’re out a little time. If you find it informative…welcome to the board! and see you at the next Get ToGether!

Sorry for the sidebar guys and gals! But these folks looked like our kind of people…they had fishing poles in their hands.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

wait a second……i didn’t know you guys were gonna fish at this “Get Together”…….if i would have known that, i would have been there.

p.s……….Hey Mr. Yum, you like my new pic

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

It was great meeting all of you, and it was a lot of fun, too. Thanks to all who helped with this gathering, and especially Dave, for orchestrating the whole shindig. Well done, buddy! You’re an excellent human being. I’m still a bit confused as to how DeeZee could drive four hours on those icy roads and not wreck(including the gas pumps ), and get on skates for 10 minutes only to break his tibia… Hope it heals quickly, Steve! Looking forward to the next one.

herb
    6ft under

I’d like to see more ladies at next years event. What do you think?
    mmwuaaaaahhhaahh

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well with the idea of a 20’x40′ tent heated with tables and hole to fish out of , maybe we will get more of the spouses to show…

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

20X40……….that might have room for my recliner next the hole!
    It sounds like I missed a really good time!

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

women mean porta pots

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

We had the porta pot covered this year !!

rembrant
    Waterloo,Iowa

I want to thank everyone that had a hand in this “get together”.Great time all around! Boy those walleye guides can sure put the panfish on the ice! Thanks Dave for putting us on fish-you did good! Sorry to hear about the ankle Steve-that looked bad as soon as ya did it..get well asap! I will be attending from here on out..great group of guys.
    Mark Lang

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I had a great time at the GTG!!!

Big thanks to Dave for organizing everything, Dustin for the brats, which were great by the way, James for just having the website, BF for the use of the rods, Slopbass for his spikes and waxies, and everyone else for just being cool to meet.

The scratcher boat was awesome, though dangerous when the clutch blows up and pieces shoot around the boat!! How’s the hand James?

Steve, sorry to hear about the ankle man.

MBenson, Viking emblem baby!!!! SKOL!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Gee Jake, you are getting better looking all the time. [pic] And ladies, hes single.
    Thanks, Bill

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Thanks Dave and Herb.
    Had a great time again this year even if I did get there a bit later than I wanted. Was kinda leary of the roads driving by myself. As herb knows My driveway was a solid glare of ice. Had no problem once out of my drive.
    By the way my partner in crime ( Sallie) from last year chickened out.
    Looking forward to it again next year.

emover
    Malcom, IA

A hearty Job Well Done to Dave, Herb, BFD, James, Dustin, Dee Zee and everyone who made the GTG a BEEEG sucess. It was great to meet so many good folks, I had a blast. My only regret is I didn’t join the IDA forum when I first started reading the posts over a year ago. I knew the info was top notch, now I know the people are too.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Thanks Big Guy!

Brian Lyons

I must add my thanks also!!
    Dave really went the extra mile lining up lodging and logistics. Dustin came through again with great food Bfd and Herb took care of the ferry service.
    I did my part by once again catching most of BFD’s fish If you went to bed early Sat. nite, you missed Mrs. Lyons first lesson in ucre
    I wish I could have to talked to all of you personally, but I am really quite shy in person

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Shy? Well, I understand that the “chopstix” method also requires a great deal of concentration.

My “best picture” vote is easily the one of Herb’s mom with Debbie K. Notice the “experienced” ice angler has a beer, no rod, and a smile as big as Texas. She’s obviously done this before! Now Debbie, that’s how it’s done!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

You all are the greatest !!

Putting on a GTG like this is a ton of fun when it’s for a great bunch of people like yourselves.

I’m going to try and make this an even better event next year so mark your calanders for the middle of January ’05…

Thanks again for a great turn out !!And I only wish I caught more of you on the camera !! Theres always room for improvement !!

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Thanks son. But excuses are dime a dozen

herb
    6ft under

Well, I’ll take two dimes worth then.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Here is one last clip…It is of Dee Zee scating behind BFD’s 4 Wheeler…I tried to get it turned vertical but i couldn’t find the software to do it…So tilt your head to the left and watch DeeZee on his scates..pay close attention to the end, this is where he takes out his ankle..

DeeZee on his skates

You will need Quick Time Player, go to

http://www.apple.com

And download the software for free….

Windows Media Player does not play .mov files.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Major OUCH!!!

I hope you are feeling better Steve!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Great clip!

superdave
    NE IA

Hopefully that doesnt get played at family gatherings for the rest of your life!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I was over on the Bass Forum ,

And Slop Bass is going to be bringing down the Porta~Poty for next years Pool 10 GTG. Here is a picture of it !!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Wow, sorry I had to miss that!
    Anyone going to the Liberty Beach Perch tournament at Mille Lacs on the 21st of Feb?
    Tuck

tealtamer

Looks like you all had a blast , I was on my way but we put house on the market and 10 people wanted to come through it the next day (hot area I guess) anyway I sure wish I would have made it up,hopefully ill be at the next one ,TT

Viewing 29 posts - 31 through 59 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.