Pool 10 GTG Pix !!

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

First off a couple of thank yous are in order…

Herb Baily and Steve(BFD)Hix….I can’t thank you two enough for your help in transporting people from the landing to Little Missouri. I know for a fact that there were several people that truely appreciated that service !!

and to EVERYONE that attended, even though the roads were less than perfect, you all made this event even better than last years…

hear are the pix !!

This first picture is of ~H20~ with a Pulsator Rod in hand just waiting for another one of those crappie to take his offering…

This picture is of Herb. A big thanks to him for cutting so many holes for all of us.That power auger of yours was fantastic !!

Here is Big B…he is the two fisted pan fish puller…nothing gets away from him !!

This next shot is of LOSOJOS~The Eyes (Noel Cantu)waiting on something to pull on his line

Here is a shot of Bass Bull.Steve, it was great seeing you out there !!

Jeremy Crawford looking for a way to pull some bass in the pads…I’m not sure if any bass came his way but i did see him with a dandy perch.

Here is Buzzer settin the hook on Moby Crappie !!

These next two are of emover…he braved the roads for Ilinois…great meeting you !!

Here is another picture of LOSOJOS with one of several crappie caught today

And Giani with a nice perch

Here is Herb with a delivery…Dustin and Jen made it !!

Someone help me out with this one…we will call him closed eye perch…If anyone knows who he is please let me know.

Here is Dustin’s girlfriend Jen with one of her fish for the day

I believe this is Rembrant with a nice crappie he caught today

And here is the “Fishing Machine” giving my wife some tips on pulling those bigger pan fish thru the ice

DeeZee made the journey down to pool 10…but i’m not sure what the guy behind him is doing

Theres Jen and Dustin !!! What do ya think of that ice fishing Dustin ?

This is a picture of Doug Neeley, he is the owner of resort called Oak Ridge Resort,up on the northern tip of Wisconsin. It boarders the tip of the UP of Mich.

I don’t think this guy was a member or anything but he sure had the corner on the Big Bass…as a matter of fact he had several 3 pounders that he took home…I think Jeremy had a nick name for him if he ever decides to log in !!

And here is JC with a quality perch !! Well done Buddy !!I’ll let you know that Jeremy released this Perch right after the next pixture was taken

This is a picture of three nice perch caught on Saturday, they are , from left to right Mossboss, Jeremy Crawford and Giani.

Here is a picture of my wife Debbie and I hanging out in my Otter

These next three are of DeeZee getting pulled on the scratcher and the 4-wheeler while on his ice skates…hows the ankle buddy ?

Here is the hottest stick on the ice today…Big Fish Dude was pulling them in right and left !!

and the last pic i have is of Bass Bull with a nice 8+ inch gill….

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Looks like everyone had a get time. I wish I could have made it. Did you guys eat all the brats?

BassBull1
    Prairie du Chien,WI

A big thank you BACK!! Starting with the transportation to Little Missouri and the nice hot brauts…your efforts were greatly appreciated!! Fishing and the comradery were top shelf. Bass Bull

superdave
    NE IA

Good to see you guys had a good time! And it looks like the fish cooperated to. Next year for sure. Vacation time meens 3 day weekend!
    Dave

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Looks like everyone had fun. Nice new ”love seat” there Mr.and Mrs. Koonce. Thanks for the pics. Sure is nice to have the site back up and working again. Missed it today. Thanks, Bill

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Looks like a great start to a new tradition.

Gator Hunter

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

O.K call me stupid but whats up with the long rods on the ice?They look like they would work great if your going to jump hole to hole and stand while doing it.I guess I’ve never seen longer rods in use around my area.
    Ryan Hale

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Exactly right Ryan. If you’ve never fished the Miss backwaters, you would never believe that the fish would stay in water that shallow, but where we were at there was maybe a foot or (at most) two of water between the bottom and the ice.

The long rods let you just let out a uniform 3′ of line, drop it down, wiggle wiggle, no fish you pick it up and move on. Reels are pretty much just for dressing up there. For most people, hole jumping is the best way to stay on fish.

Good shots Dave.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice pics Dave! Thanks for sharing. Looks like you all had a good time. I’m looking forward to the Spring/Summer GTG.

Ryan – I’m guessing that some guys rods are just longer than others.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

… forgot to ask about the perch… Looks like you guys got soem nice ones. How were the numbers?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Guys, I had a great time. It was good to meet everyone! Dave, thanks for putting this event together. Dustin, thanks for the brats.

One of the highlights of the trip was seeing Herb’s “Scratcher” boat and taking it for a ride with ~H20~. “I need to get me one of those!” Here are a couple of pictures if you are like me and have never seen one. Also, click on this link to view a short 20 second video clip of the scratcher running down the backchannel! (View in Quicktime Player)

CLICK HERE —>>> Herb’s Scratcher Boat <<<<—–

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

John,thanks for the help.Now another question. What are the the make/models of the rods of choice for this type of fishing?Are they a 5’ultra light?Do you guys use them open water fishing and just take the reel off for ice fishing?Thank-you.
    Hey Wade, if Char see’s the size of those guys rods I’m in trouble!!
    Ryan Hale

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Ryan,

I use a 5′ ultralite rod blank that I get at Cabelas. As for the reel, it sits at the end of the rod and spools off the reel and through the rod and spring bobber. They are exceptional for hole hopping. I now have 4. I made another yesteday during the football game.

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Had a great time, ate good and caught fish too! Can’t ask for more. Thank You!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Jon, couldn’t get the movie clip to work but that scratcher looks awesome. Sweet ride!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Jon, couldn’t get the movie clip to work but that scratcher looks awesome. Sweet ride!

Do you have Quicktime Player installed? If not, go to http://www.apple.com and download it for Free.

Let me know,
    J.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Great pictures guys! Looks like a great time. I wish I could have made it. Hopefully next year!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Who threw that Mt. Dew case in the boat?? I don’t remember anyone drinking Dew lol

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

So how fast does that scratcher go? I didn’t see a trolling motor, sonar, or live well. Here’s a stupid question but, does the DNR make you license it?

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ec:

How about some editorial (not a lot) on those great pics, so we have get a better understanding of who was doing what or maybe they don’t want that. It sure looks like all had a great time. Great pics of the fish caught. Having never had the opportunity to get in on one of these events, I was able to recognize some of the regulars I think, but with those great pics we might be able to recognize others who more regularily post.

Mark

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I wish I could’ve stayed longer, but are there any pictures of the After the GTG-GTG…I’m sure that was interesting as well!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

mbenson, I’ll get in there and try to post some text with the pix…

as far as the scratcher goes, you must license it just like a boat, and it goes at a fast run at it’s fastest…

and I left the camera at home for the after party…we pretty much hung out in the conf. room…everyone was pretty tired after all the fresh air so we all turned in by around midnight…It sure was good seeing everyone and I’m sure next year will be even better…

pitbull
    Too far from the river

That scratcher boat has to be the coolist thing I have ever seen

herb
    6ft under

My only regret is that I never was able to meet everyone. Made quite a few new friends for sure, but my goal was to know all of you before the day was out. A lot of my time was taken up running beers and brats to mom’s shanty.
    Count on next year’s event being bigger and better.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I added the names and some text to the pictures …thanks again all !!

Sorry if i missed some of you !!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

I can honestly say that Jen and I had a great time. Ice fishing was a nice change of pace not having to worry about boat control constantly. It was nice to meet most of you guys and put faces to names. You can bet I’ll make it next year as well

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

First off….
    A huge thanks to Dave Koonce for putting this fine event together. He supplied all of us here the necessary information we all needed in order to have an excellent time on the ice. Reserving a block of rooms for IDA was only a small portion of the thought he put into all the visitors from out of town. Great reports ahead of time to get us all excited about the trip. We all caught fish that day and had a wonderful time. THANK YOU buddy!

Dustin,
    Thanks for the tasty brats you brought for all of us to enjoy. Dustin has done this on most all of our Get togethers and big thanks are in order! Thanks Dustin!

Herb,

What a machine you have there! I have never personally seen a machine like this on the ice and it was fascinating to see it operate. Definately a must for those backwater adventures!
    Many others that deserve a thanks for their efforts that I may have forgotten…thank you as well.

As for my mindless stunt behind the back scratcher and 4 wheeler….I took a unexpected crash on the ice due a ice crack that caught my blade of my skate. The rest of the night I saw my ankle swell to sizes I never thought imaginable. I saw the doctor sunday morning and the prognosis is a BROKEN TIBIA of my ankle. Looks like I will be on crutches and a cast for the next 6-8 weeks!
    Unfortunate accident to say the least.

Thanks to all for the great plannign on this fine event. Looking forward to next year already…except no super Dave ozbourne stunts!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ec:

Thank you for taking the time to fill us in on who was doing what in all of those pics. After seeing everyone in these pics with names and looking at the pics under their handles, there is a big difference!!! Some were very easy to identify, others not even close. I can remember seeing my first scratcher up on the Long Walk north of Alma when I was going to school at Stout in Menomonie. Herb, you are really much cleancut even though from reading the pre-event posts, I wondered if that wasn’t you cutting the holes!!! MossBoss, What’s that little yellow thing on your stocking cap??? Looks like everyone had an excellent time. Everyone that worked to put it together should not only get pats on the back from those in attendance, but I have enjoyed this thread as much as any!!! Thank you for showing us all the fun we missed!!!

Mark

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yes it was a great time meeting some of the posters in person. It’s too bad that we can’t line everyone up and call off our handles (no hugs please).

I did learn a few things.
    1) When Gator Hunter has to work , we don’t need as much beer.
    2) What the hell a scratcher is…I though someone was going around with a big stick scratching peoples backs (I’m still trying to keep up Gator)
    3)

Quote:

The best days to fish are those that end in “Y”

-This was NOT a passage out of the book of Jeremiah – It’s a quote from Jeremiah.
    4) DeeZee does much better on a tube than ice skates…March is coming old man!!! Take it easy!
    5) Stillakid doesn’t have to be close to me for my hooks to start flying. (Thanks ecnook for taking the hook out of my neck )
    6) Never have a GTG in a town that has a Cabelas. Although I’m now the proud owner of a Garcia 7000…I have my wife to explain things to.
    6a) If your going to have the GTG in a town that has a Cabelas in it, make sure it’s at least four hours from home. Gives you time to think about your excuses.
    7) Bass fishermen are ok too…at least Slop Bass and Moss Boss.
    8) Bass, perch, bluegill and crappies do bite in two feet of water in the winter.
    9) In-Depthangling is a bunch of people coming together on the internet to share info, opinions and reports. The only thing better than IDA is when people come together!

Thanks all for another lesson and a Great Get ToGether…GGTG!

herb
    6ft under

I just got my butt chewed out for not bringing any fish home to eat like I had promised. I remember catching a few. Does anyone happen to know who the long legged dude in the green guide wear was kicking my fish towards the “community pile”?
    All kidding aside, I want to thank James Holst for providing this website. If it wasn’t for ‘him’ and ‘it’, this sort of gathering, and the great people I’ve come to meet, would surely not be happening. Thanks buddy!
    Sorry to hear about your ankle Steve. Some kids have to learn the hard I guess.
    Dustin and Jen, you’ve got a lot of patience for those fish. Make Dustin get you some warmer boots next year.
    And to all of you, thanks so much for the great company we kept saturday.
    Thank ya-thank ya-thank ya.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 59 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.