Polk/Barron County Ice Thickness??

• Jake_A

Has anyone been out in polk or barron county in wisconsin??? I really want to try and get out tomorrow. I won’t be hitting the big waters, just looking to go on a smaller lake. If anyone has heard of ANY smaller lake that is thick enough to fish on, let me know. I gotta get on the hardwater!! Any help would be awesome!
    Tight Lines!

bigpike

Give Bear paw a call up in Rice Lake. They should have some reports for you….

bts
    Centuria, Wi.

Lots of guys heading out to Long Lake this a.m., plenty of ice.

bigpike

Yes I did hear Long had ice also…

slabstalker
    St.Paul Mn.

Was in Star Prairie today and there was anywhere from 4-6″ of pretty nice ice. So get out there and check as you go.

taz
    Frederic wi

was out on a small lake in burnett wi had 3 to 5″ with some slush on top!! Make sure you check as you go!!!!!!!!

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

At our cabin on Big Blake northwest of Turtle Lake, the ice varied from 6 to 9 inches 6 inches of clear blue ice with 2 to 3 inches of snow ice. The snow covered spots are hiding slush, the bare spots are actually frozen slush and is very slippery so bring ice creepers or cleats if you have them. This is about a 300 acre lake with some flow thru it. The gills were not real cooperative.

bigpike

Spent a quick hour on Altoona last night, 4-5 inches and somewhat slippery. Fish were tough to find and generally not active.

red89
    Hudson

Had 5 to 9 inches in polk county today. Fishing was terrible though. Just tried for panfish and caught 1 bluegill in like 5 hours fishing.

taz
    Frederic wi

Fishing in Burnett co has been slow also. I fish 3 lake in 3 days only a few sunfish a few perch and about 5 pike all caught on wax worms. ice is 3″ to 6″ MAKE SURE U CHECK IT AS YOU GO!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.