3+ lb. Perch caught

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

My friends at D&J Riversports confirmed a 3+lb. perch caught today at an undisclosed location. It didn’t quite break the state record of 3lb’s 4oz….but was a moster fish regardless. Can you believe what it was caught on???…..a shiner!!! The guy is going to have the fish mounted….I’ll see if i can get pictures for you all.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ve never even seen a true 2Lb perch. That must have been one old bugger. Any length given for that one? Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to gather.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

James…you’re gonna be a the GTG on saturday right? I can bring the 2lb perch i have mounted if you want to see one.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Actually, I should have been more clear… I’ve “not seen me ” with a true 2 Lb perch. Caught lots of 1.5 Lbs and all that but never a 2 lb. And a 3 Lber, I’ve never even seen one that big mounted. you go into the resorts around Mille Lacs and there’s tons of 1.25 – 2 Lb perch mounted on the walls but never anything much bigger. That perch, caught in the Mississippi River no less, is a special fish.

Thanks for the offer on the mount though. I’d hate to have you drag it out only to have a fin busted up or something. Is that the one you caught bass fishing?

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

Three pounds of perch….holy, moley!!! I’d like to see that one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.