where would you go?

• corey_waller
    hastings mn

i am setting up an ice fishing trip with 3 or 4 guys from work we can go early or late ice. I dont ice fish much (I like pool 4 in the winter with the boat) but these guys want to go ice fishing. we need lodging,a cabin is the first choice (showers and such) but would be ok with a nice sleeper pkg. so I figured I would ask the experts here on the great IDO… where would you go and when. anywhere in Mn is open. LOTW to the Iowa border. not looking for huge numbers or size just a fairly consistant bite with some eaters. any species will work but prefer walleye or perch maby even some crappies.
    thanks for the help
    Wallerbass1

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Try Brindlys harbor on Leech lk.
    they do a perch package thats a blast

mojogunter

Borderview lodge on LOTW is nice. They have nice cabins and fishhouses. We did the American plan so the meals are all included. Everything was great they even were able to put us on some fish.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Upper Red with Jonny P is on my list

mule170
    Bemidji

I’ll second Brindleys harbor on Leech lake, we have been there many times in the summer and winter.

arklite881south

Quote:

Check out rainydaze, Chris will set you up.
    http://www.rainydazeoutdoors.com/

Good luck.

Thanks Go Fish!!

Great thing about Minnesota is there are many options for hardwater action. One thing I enjoy as an independant guide service is the flexibility to mobilize with the hot bites. Less concerned about pushing a lake or area, and more concerned about pushing big fish. Myself along with many of my guide friends Fish Rainy Lake hard no doubt, but also fish many other area waters if the bite warrants. We have beautiful permanents as well as guide via portables. Whatever your POISION!! Regardless of your choice…..Have a great time!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Its tough to beat Lake of the Woods in the winter.

Good numbers of walleye, sauger and perch.

Find a resort or guide that can take you out to the reefs.

Not to mention you can take home 8 walleye/sauger combined per person.

You will catch more fish on a slow day on Lake of the Woods than a good day on most other days.

The website of a good guide:

http://www.hardwateradventures.com/

corey_waller
    hastings mn

Thanks for all of the replies guys!! I had planned on contacting all of our IDO sponsors first and then branching out from there and thanks to the experts I now have some places to start! thanks again for all of your help

Outfitter17
    Lower Manitou Lake, Ont.

If you are looking to stay in Minnesota check out:

Chris Granrud – RainyDaze Guide Service
    World-Class Walleye, Crappie, Pike & Smallmouth Bass Fishing!
    Visit RainyDaze Guide Service to book your next adventure!

You will love the adventure.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

i am setting up an ice fishing trip with 3 or 4 guys from work we can go early or late ice. I dont ice fish much (I like pool 4 in the winter with the boat) but these guys want to go ice fishing. we need lodging,a cabin is the first choice (showers and such) but would be ok with a nice sleeper pkg. so I figured I would ask the experts here on the great IDO… where would you go and when. anywhere in Mn is open. LOTW to the Iowa border. not looking for huge numbers or size just a fairly consistant bite with some eaters. any species will work but prefer walleye or perch maby even some crappies.

thanks for the help

Wallerbass1

Upper Red Lake. No question. Quality walleye fishery, trophy pike, huge crappie if you go find them. Can beat it if you ask me. Any of the resorts up there are great. Mort’s on the south end are my favorite. West Wind on the East side is another great place. West wind provides a more resort, resteraunt style place.

There is also a private guy that goes by “cookie” on the forum I provided a link for. He runs a pretty good outfit and provides some awesome and up to date reports on that forum. http://www.invominnesota.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=8&sid=b723b495d81471cc05706e3960616efa

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Go to ebay and in the search box type 220512601644 That will bring you to our trip that starts with 2 people two days with one nights lodging and you will see you can add on extra days and anglers

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.