Truck through the ice……

• Backtroller
    North Dakota

Well it happens every year and once again a brand new pickup and house has gone to the bottom! This happened on Lake Shetek in Southern MN and has occured with unsettling frequency this season thus far. What are the insurance ramifications if a person sinks their truck and house? Will Insurance cover the loss or does the cost per fish ration increase exponentially?

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Yikes! My wife was actually happy when I bought my atv so the truck would stay on land. It’s like they say, there is no 100% safe ice.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

That might be a good way to JUSTIFY buying a new 4 wheeler

Backtroller
    North Dakota

Well, now the ATV excuse…thats a good one. So far she has fallen for the larger ice house (insulation creates floatation), vented heater (reduce CO death potential), Quad Cab (In case we get a bigger boat), Bigger Boat (eliminate unsafe blind spots while towing) and More fishing time (Free her up for more shopping)…I never thought of the ATV thing….what the hell one more time to the old well!

I learned from Progressive that the vehicle is covered if it goes through the ice but the stuf inside is not unless I have a rider for my homeowners. (But dont tell my wife because I think the ATV excuse is a winner!)

coot
    North Central Wisconsin

The ATV excuse works! That’s how I got my Honda Rancher. You also need to throw in how much enjoyment the kids will get out of it.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I definitely agree with throwing the poor helpless kids in for bargaining power , works every time. I have used it to get so many things-hunting blind, Otter, and soon a boat. Man I love kids .

Chippman
    Chippewa County, Wi

Was a Deputy in Racine Cnty Wi. had numerous trks thru ice.
    Insurance vary’s greatly most need a rider tacked on.
    You have to check with your agents to be sure.
    Ron

IceHogsFan
    Rockford IL

Now I need someone to tell me how to get my wife to let me use her ATV for ice fishing. Mine is down & she won’t let me use hers.

scottsteil
    Central MN

In most cases your insurance will pay. They will not always pay for the recovery of the vehicle though. Read you policy carefully. Boring but worth it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.