Ice auger fuel problem

• skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I have a Jiffy 30, just purchased this year. My problem is that my garage, where I store it, is insulated. When I bring the auger onto the ice, I have a condensation problem in the tank. The result, the auger doesn’t run very well. Is there something, like Heet, that I can put in the fuel to help with this problem? If there is, do I have to add that to the gas, then mix the oil? Or can I just add something? I appreciate any help.
    Steve

herb
    6ft under

I don’t know if this is a sure cure, but I always add the appropriate amount of stabil to the fuel and never have a moisture problem. I try to stay away from products like Heet, especially with small 2 cycle engines.

bluefin
    Farmington, MN

I normally put some Seafoam in the fuel

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Seafoam will take care of the condensation problem? Sweet! I already have some at home. No need to stop on the way!
    Thanks,
    Steve

aprock
    Kingsley, Iowa

Another thing you can do is top off your gas tank every time you put the thing in the garage. Condensation happens in the AIR that is in the tank, not the fluid. Either that or try to fix a place outside that you can store your auger.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just nosy…what does it do that makes you think it’s condensation?

I have the same auger..just replace the diaphram and it runs better than the fist day I had it. It ran crappy since the first day I had it!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I think it’s condensation because it’s brand new, and it runs great once it sits outside of the shack for a while. But when I first get it out on the ice, it is difficult to start. Also, my brother in-law who owns an older model just like it, and happens to be a service advisor for Stillwater Motors told me that what it was. I just forgot to ask him how to solve the problem, and I knew that you folks here would help out! Reason #1002 to use this site!
    Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.