Eskimo Ice Augers (any good?)

• haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Been loking for a power auger and see that the eskimo augers are the most reasonably priced. Anyone had experience with them and what did you think?

kevinneve
    Devils Lake ND area

I am using the Shark model this year. It is their top of the line model. It is very very good. I have raced and beat everyone who has challenged me.

It has a 2.5 HP commercial chainsaw engine that is about the same size as a 2 HP Techumseh. It is very light. It has a heavy duty gearbox too.

It started right off this AM in -20 degree temps.

It has a very high degree of tork. Tork equals power. It wants to spin you around. Folks I let use it are amazed. The blades take a big bite.

The other models have differnet augers/blades I believe

Keep your eye on the Product Review section here and I’ll have my review of this model there maybe tonight once I get some details worked out.

I do highly recommend it. It is nice to see someone else getting away from the big two.

Just to add this..All of the ice augers on the market have the same motor 2 or 3 HP Tecumseh engines. They may have a slightly different set-up. The biggest difference comes in the controls, auger/blades and the gear box.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just ordered a Stealth Jiffy 2hp. Hope to have it this week. Hard to find. It features refined gears, low temp grease and additional cutting blades on Auger. My current Jiffy has been a great unit so I’m sticking with that brand.

I also like the idea of chipper blades. They seem to be harder to disable if you bang the blades.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.