Wheel House

• Stickney

I am looking into getting a wheel house and was wondering which kinds you all like. Money is an option, so I am not getting a $20,000 house. Want a 12-14 footer without beds and cookstoves, just lots of room for holes and a table to play cards.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I would check out KingCrow in Kingston, MN. That or Milaca Unclaimed Freight.

big G

birddog
    Mn.

Sounds like your looking for a zach shack?? No nonsense, super insulated, very light. Basically just a insulated shell without the frills.

BIRDDOG

Michael Saal
    Merrill, Wi

Eyejigger do you have a web site or some pictures? And where are you located

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Welcome to IDO EyeJigger
    Walleye and ice fishing you gotta be a good person

Stickney

EyeJigger what were you trying to tell me? Your response got deleted.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I sold mine last year. Had a 6.5 X 14 Ice Castle. If I were to do it again, I’d definitely go at least 16′ if not 18′, and probably go 8′ wide. We’ve fish 3-4 guys in there. “Comfortable” is a relative term.

They are a fun to, but they definitely require maintenance. A lot of rusty parts that needed to be kept up to date to they would fail (suspension parts).

Also I think the axle was in the same place for the 14′ and 16′ versions. Which made it want to sway if not loaded tongue heavy in my 14′ version.

A “V” nose is a great feature. I had the bathroom up in the “V” nose. I loved it, but it consumed a ton of space and wasn’t terribly functional other than travel storage and as a bathroom when not traveling.

Make sure you can get some kind of fans or something to move the air around in there. Cooking and 3 or 4 hot people fogs up the windows something awful in there. Also you’ll get condensation around the door which can freeze and lock you in overnight. I’d suggest replacing the weather stripping with quality stuff right away.

Also the Cabinets do not lock, so they will fly open while traveling. You’ll want to add some kind of locking mechanism.

They are a great toy to have, but something to keep in mind. I sold mine and probably will not replace it. A lot of maintenance, a lot of gas burnt dragging it around, it’s a big item to store, everyone loves to use it, but not everyone loves to chip in for gas and maintenance.

I can rent a lot of sleeper shacks for a lot of weekends for $10,000 or whatever you are willing to spend. Not trying to be a downer, just my experienced 2 cents.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.