What’s My Ice Auger Worth?

• suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m probably going to sell my 3hp Jiffy since I’m getting a smaller unit. It’s about 8 years old but in great shape.
    Can someone give me an idea what to sell it for?
    Thanks.

bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

most used augers usually sell for $100-150….if the paint and case is good, and it’s cleaned up spotless I’d ask 150-175. I just sold my OLD mag III for 125, but it was spotless and always started on the 3rd or 4th pull. All I can say is any extra effort you put into presentation will usually pay off in how much you’ll get for it…..kinda like fishing that way huh?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yes I have always kept the unit clean. Everything is spotless on the outside. Usually starts on first pull as long as I remember to prime it.
    Thanks for the info.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

You should sell that auger to your fishing buddy on Chesham Lane!!

nubbinbuck

I’ll make u an even-up trade. I have an old spoon-type auger that I will part with. I think you have to be in your 30’s to even remember those…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I remember when my dad got his first spoon. We were all quite amazed compared to the old spud, which I promptly lost through a hole shortly after aquiring the spoon. oops.
    Really didn’t have any choice but to accept the technology at that point.

Blinkin

I’m looking for a $150 auger and I’d be interested in more info on you auger. ie model, ype of butterfly handles ect. post it here to let me know

Thanks Blinkin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.