Frabill XLTwin Modifications

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

After digging out my Frabill for the ice fishing season, I decided I wasn’t truly happy with the bench seat. Not having the $$$ to buy the new modular seated model(they are really nice), I started shopping for a new seating system.

I came across some nice fold down seats at Wal-Mart for $20. The swivel assembly that attached to the bottom of the seat fit perfectly across the framework under the old bench seat. After taking some measurements, I drilled 4 holes and screwed the swivel to the frame. Then it was a simple matter of screwing the seat to the swivel and adding some aluminum can holders to the frame for added convenience.

Before:

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Nice Job! Aluminum can holders – sweet

J.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

Nice Job Blue Fleck

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Those are some nice modifications. Never having to worry about spilling your beer? Priceless.
    Steve

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

And I thought those were rod holders… I must not be drinking enough. Better get myself to the liquor store.

Nice work!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pretty cool Fleck. What did that whole mod cost you?

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Blue,

Sweet deal thanks for the pics. I feel the same about the bench and have a seat or two around. Even with my limited skills I think I can do that!

Again thanks for sharing the info

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Those beer holders look pretty industrial strength, where’d you get them?

If you ask me, those alone make this a $200 plus upgrade.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I agree Gainni, those can holders are way to good to put LaCross Light in! (check background)

Thanks for the pictures and turning on the light bulb for me fleck! My bench seat gives me a pain after 6 or so hours. It never dawned on me that I didn’t have to put up with it!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

i’m gonna need a couple of those can holders Blue !!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I was just thinking about how disappointed I was that my trap didn’t have some. It was getting to the point of tracking down the previous owner to see if they were removed prior to sale!

Seriously, where do you find those?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The entire cost of these modifications cost about $55.00. $19.00 each for the chairs, $5.00 each for the swivels, and the nuts bolts, can holders and beer were free! FREEEBIEE, NADA, ZIP, ZERO, ZILCH.(monster garage!)

For anyone interested in some aluminum can holders, I’ll see if I can get some more welded up!

bam_bam
    Badger, MN- not too far from the big pond!

fleck, those seats look like clones of the ones that come standard issue in my trap voyaguer…..except mine arent padded
    All in all it looks like a nice retrofit

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.