Lower pool #4 saugers

• lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

a buudy and I made it out ice fishing on the Minnesota side by Lake City this morning. We caught good numbers of smaller fish with some 18-20 inchers mixed in. I was using Glow devils and Pimples and my buddy was using Raps. All were tipped with a minnow head. We were fishing in 24-26 feet of water at the downstream edge of a scour hole. I think the evening bite would be tremendous but I will have to wait until Wednesday to find out as I have to work evenings this week.

Gator Hunter

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Gatorhunter,

How much ice did you have out on the lake? Just curious with these warmer temps. Thanks for the report!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I had six inches of good ice most places. There were a lot of thin spots near shore and at the surges at the points.

Gator Hunter

greenyswatter

I fished just south of Lake City on saturday and the best bite was from 10:00am until 3:00pm at last light we caught a couple nice ones but nothing major. But at the peak miday between 3 of us we landed 7 over 5lbs. on a perch colored 2″ rapala I ended up taking home my limit of 16″ to 20″ fish AWESOME

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.