Pool 10 Bagley Area

• birdman
    Lancaster, WI

When I got to the ice I didn’t know whether I should fish or fly a kite. Boy did the wind blow today. I fished with my son and we started out searching for some bluegills. We had very little success on the gills. We then switched tactics and worked the outside of a weedbed for crappies. I started out with a Flirty Girty tipped with two spikes but it seemed I only got small crappies on it. Switched then to a size 8 pink shrimpo and started catching bigger crappies besides some of the smaller ones. The bite was slow at first but got better especially after I started adding Fish Formula to my shrimpo. It seemed on this day scent made a difference. My son fished a orange shrimpo tipped with a waxworm and ended up with a few crappies and three gills over 8 inches. All in all we kept around 20 fish with the biggest crappie at 12 1/2 inches and the smallest at 9 inches. We easily could have kept two limits of 9 inchers. Just about all the fish we kept were either in the weed beds or just on the outside of them.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.